Dynadot

discuss .XYZ THREAD - Sales, Regs, Discussion, News, Debates

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
I searched out all the threads and there isn't an officially designated .xyz thread so how about this one to cover the subject?

So to start off my first xyz reg is:

SH3.xyz
:xf.grin:

Sh stands for Shanghai

May have little value if any but I like short domains as possible that I can get in new extensions and with majority of numbers taken I figured why not for the low reg fee right now. Plus it sorry of rhymes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.xyz is, symbolically viewed, definitely the most generic TLD (and is it directs to top for 1/3 (if "z" is seen as the name for the z - axis (which heads to the top in the three dimensional space))).

•••
What if I want a truly generic extension that doesn’t mean anything? I think that’s what .xyz fills.

Well said, this is why it is actually the ultimate generic TLD ... "xyz" is, beside its "3D aspect", globally recognized as the letter combination which stands symbolically for everything.

BTW
"com" stands for "commercial" ...
... and, just saying (writing), "top" stands for "top"

•••
Another side to the coin on these cheap first year reg's is it is more likely than not a majority of the domains won't be renewed and gives the registrar an opportunity to cherry pick names to add to their premium renewals that they may have otherwise missed. Though I don't think that's their initial motive, it's something that plays out in the end which I've seen time and time again.

Once something is on the radar, you can be sure there's more one set of eyes on it.

Really though for the most part offering cheap sub-dollar registrations and people biting produces an image of sold inventory and thus the illusion of appeal. If these domains do end up getting renewed, or even better actually used as sites, it can solidify the value of getting into the extension over and above whether or not it's offered at a discounted registration.

They are banking on quantity. I think it's tough to form a "quality" argument with the .XYZ extension just because in terms of name matches, what exactly forms nicely with it? Sure it's easy to say single words, but in the end, it's still paired with a nonsensical extension. Though, perhaps that's the whole point.
From my viewpoint older gens pursuit meaningful stuffs, new gens more likely like things meaningless so that can perform theirs own merits better, not all of them but just my 2 cents.

•••
Picked up around 1850 .XYZ (tech/meta/crypto specific terms) over the past month (mixture of hand-registrations, auctions) - as an experiment.

Will post performance-based updates as soon as there is traction.

Last edited:
•••
Picked up around 1850 .XYZ (tech/meta/crypto specific terms) over the past month (mixture of hand-registrations, auctions) - as an experiment.

Will post performance-based updates as soon as there is traction.
That's bold! wish you success, can we see the name?

•••
When/if the first name in that group sells, you'll know the name.

•••
DoubleInfinite.xyz

Riddle me This if xyz is the end then Double Infinite would be the exact amount to acheive infinity

•••
I think one issue with investing in XYZ domains is that, even if we generate a great profit in the first year, the renewals would probably kill the model ($8,75 / domain). And we’d maybe have to let the vast majority drop.
Unless you have ultra-premium names.

•••
Trying a few
Suffragette, Buttercream, Prancer, Lebkuchen, Scissorhands, Graduations, Stroganoff, Coalescent, InteriorSolutions, MedicalConsulting, CreativeConnection, LaserScanner

Last edited:
•••
I don't have many xyz domains but experimenting.
Currently have, SupercarRental, EWRY, VegasGetaway, Metq, WillPay

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Wrap.xyz sold for $110000 @DAN.COM
Superduper.xyz sold for $9888 @Afternic
Tragic.xyz sold for $8000 @Afternic
Cohort.xyz sold for $7900 @DAN.COM
Browsers.xyz sold for $7500 @Afternic
Giddy.xyz sold for $6100 @DAN.COM
Alongside.xyz sold for $5500 @DAN.COM
PowerPlay.xyz sold for $5000 @Afternic

No further details please. Thank you.
Congrats swetha ,
but i am curious how your bank didnt call you to do investigation regarding big amounts entering
your account regulary ! because usually they do ! lol

Last edited:
•••
earthside.xyz
spaceside.xyz

•••
I’m starting to see more and more .xyz names listed for 7 figures! Perhaps we will see a 7f sale this year.

•••
Car dot xyz is listed for 7.7million
Add that to the 7 figure club

•••
Congrats swetha ,
but i am curious how your bank didnt call you to do investigation regarding big amounts entering
your account regulary ! because usually they do ! lol

That's prob the benefit of Epik's Masterbucks comes in - there are fees but it means you can withdraw whatever amount you like rather than having 100k enter your bank account in one go.

•••
roboost.xyz
requiems.xyz
fastbiz.xyz
uscare.xyz

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Again, Great Sale! …. Is it looking like to everyone that .xyz is surpassing .co & .io in sales price? I’ve seen it now more than a couple times. For me this is great as I was pricing my .xyz premium domains (with regular renewal fees!) at lower prices.

Every ext has its unique purpose. So no need of surpassing here. As an investor i wanted to see all major extensions should do good.(Of Course .xyz is my fav).

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back