Dynadot

poll Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2023?

NameSilo
Watch

Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2023?

• 1st

Dynadot

votes
    44.9%
  • 2nd

Namecheap

votes
    11.9%
  • 3rd

Spaceship

votes
    9.3%
  • 4th

GoDaddy

votes
    7.5%
  • 5th

Porkbun

votes
    6.3%
  • 6th

Sav.com

votes
    5.7%
  • 7th

NameSilo

votes
    4.2%
  • 8th

NameBright

votes
    1.5%
  • 9th (tie)

CloudFlare

votes
    1.4%
  • 9th (tie)

Epik

votes
    1.4%
  • 10th

Name.com

votes
    1.1%
  • 11th

Hostinger

votes
    0.6%
  • 12th (tie)

Alibaba Cloud

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

CosmoTown

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

Fabulous

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

NetworkSolutions

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

Reg.ru

votes
    0.5%
  • 13th (tie)

Gname

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

InternetBs

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

Moniker

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

Z.com

votes
    0.3%
  • 14th (tie)

101Domain

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

DirectNic

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

Hexonet

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

HiChina

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

Hover

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

OVH

vote
    0.2%
  • 15th (tie)

123-reg

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

BlueHost

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

ConnectReseller.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Domain.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Dotster

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Gandi

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

HostPapa

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Ionos

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Joker.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Namepal

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Onamae

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Public Domain Registry

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Register.com

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The poll closes on December 31,2023.
You can make 1 choice. you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

To be noted the max amount of choices by the software was 40. Google and Uniregistry are no more. Three registrars that got zero votes were eliminated to allow for some new requests like Spaceship and CosmoTown.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Haha what a sweep with Dynadot! 😁 They’re my choice as well; from consistent sales offerings to an extremely stable user experience, Dynadot is perfectly setup for domainers.

•••
•••
•••
You should remove Epik! They are scammers and you are helping them to make more victimes!

•••
I like the prices right now at Spaceship, but I think the usability is really bad. I'm not a fan of NameCheap (owner of Spaceship), so I will be moving domains out of Spaceship when they raise their prices

Last edited:
•••
You should remove Epik! They are scammers and you are helping them to make more victimes!
People can vote for who they want, but I am also not sure how great it is to include a registrar that scammed customers via escrow / Masterbucks.

Rob Monster was allegedly replaced as CEO/Chairman, but there is no real proof of that.

Though, he has been in public exile for over a year now.

It is unclear who actually owns and operates "new" Epik.com at this point.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I disagree, clearly people (not me) are voting on it, so it's good that it's included. There are lots of registrars with 0 votes, and if it persists, they will be the ones to drop out.
There are registrars with 0 votes, but they did not take customers escrow money and did not pay them back. That's not good.

Last edited:
•••
I have not decided on my vote yet.

While the vast majority of my domains are at GoDaddy, my vote would probably go to Dynadot at this point.

There are multiple things I am unhappy with when it comes to GoDaddy. The expired auction fraud, fake GoDaddy/Afternic listings, and just their lack of engagement with the investment community in general.

I guess I am not the only one. GoDaddy went from over 50% in the 2016 poll to under 8% this year.

1700436126305.png

Last edited:
•••
WTF is "Z.com". Whoever owns that should say **** it and cut their losses, sell the name, and retire while they still have time.

They're a top10 registrar (8th at the moment) and operate the 4th biggest nTLD.

•••
People can vote for who they want, but I am also not sure how great it is to include a registrar that scammed customers via escrow / Masterbucks.

Rob Monster was allegedly replaced as CEO/Chairman, but there is no real proof of that.

Though, he has been in public exile for over a year now.

It is unclear who actually owns and operates "new" Epik.com at this point.

Brad
Agreed 💯

•••
for me
1) GoDaddy
2) Hostinger

•••
•••
All these years, Why no significant mention of Joker.com around here, when it has been a registrar since 2008?
O_o

Last edited:
•••
Sav / Dynadot / Spaceship

•••
Not listed here but domainnameshop.com You can buy domains and pay later by mail (send you payment request weeks later>) and they sometimes allow several months for payment to come, dont know if its for big buying members or for all though.

•••
•••
I voted eNom/Hover
Because eNom has been there for domains and eNom rocks.

•••
•••
Great thread!

I have 500 domains in 22 TLDs with 7 different regstrars (in order of number of domains: namesilo, namecheap, netim, host.al, GoDaddy, 101domain and gandi).

- Namesilo: I loved them because of their prices but their services are going downhill so fast since a year or so. It is so slow and buggy that I am looking to move away!
- Namecheap: Very solid but it seems like they focus on regular domain registrars and not domain sellers. Their bulk actions are always a bit too complicated or seem hack together to be really useful.
- Netim: Seems like a solid player from the past. Nothing to complain about but also nothing too exciting.
- Host.al: Only for .al domains (for great domain hacks!)
- GoDaddy: 3x prices for .coms and no email support. Am I missing something? Unusable. The only reason is probably their marketplace.
- 101domain: Lots and lots of TLDs. Best for your niche TLDs in my opinion. Super slow support from time to time though.
- Gandi: Sometimes cheaper than 101domain for niche TLDs.

Keeping a close eye on this thread - seems like Dynadot is worth a shot for my .coms!

•••
All these years, Why no significant mention of Joker.com around here, when it has been a registrar since 2008?
O_o
Joker.com is on the list they have 0 votes, they have not got many votes over the years.

•••
1.Spaceship
2.Porkbun
3.Dynadot

•••
1. Dynadot
2. Sav
3. Porkbun
….
98. GoDaddy
99. Getting hit by a bus
100. One.com

•••
Employees are prohibited from voting.
How can you tell? This vote seems to be set to private, instead of public like the past.

•••
Does anyone else dislike Namesilo's policy of bulk renewing upcoming domains on the first of the month? Personally I detest it. Not the only reason they don't get my vote. I have a modest number of names there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back