IT.COM

3 letter .info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
are they worth anything. i don't own it but wzf.info or something like that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
they are worth quite a bit because the germans have a good interest in them

•••
Exactly right 1r They will grow in value as Germany and other European countries buy them.

•••
i was searching threw godaddy and came across 3 domains unregistered for .info i got all excited and i registered them. later on i got an e-mail saying error already registered. it seems a little fishy and i was waundering if this ever happened to someone before

•••
not sure what the value is at the moment though
njsoccerstar said:
i was searching threw godaddy and came across 3 domains unregistered for .info i got all excited and i registered them. later on i got an e-mail saying error already registered. it seems a little fishy and i was waundering if this ever happened to someone before
heard of something like that happen. It is just too bad

•••
•••
i was searching threw godaddy and came across 3 domains unregistered for .info

I've had this happen a few times. It's a glitch in their whois server that happens from time to time.

•••
3 letter infos are well worth having. Companies are now finding it valuable to own a 4-letter acronym of their comany name. Some have a longer dot-com but still find the .info worthwhile. Good ones will be worth hundreds to thousands, some with less popular letters will be worth somewhat less. Almost all will have some use as someone's intitials for personal sites. I was selling mine for $50-90 a few months ago, an now ask over $500 on average for 3 letter infos with commonly used letters.

•••
Grrilla said:
i was searching threw godaddy and came across 3 domains unregistered for .info

I've had this happen a few times. It's a glitch in their whois server that happens from time to time.
i thought it was weird that there was still some left.

•••
Adoptable - I bought 4 3-letter domains from you at around $50 a piece from you a while ago and I'm glad I did...

a year back you could buy 3-letter .com domains for less than $500, now you cant get them for less than $1000

within a year, all 3-letter .infos will be worth more than $200 a piece, even the crappy ones

•••
GT Web said:
Adoptable - I bought 4 3-letter domains from you at around $50 a piece from you a while ago and I'm glad I did...

a year back you could buy 3-letter .com domains for less than $500, now you cant get them for less than $1000

within a year, all 3-letter .infos will be worth more than $200 a piece, even the crappy ones
man, why doesn't it happen for the .us? (cries)

•••
patience wasnt it just a few months ago the thousands of three letter us were bought up , how long does a tree take to bear fruit ???
the .com is past being a teenager and hes working full time,,,, though the .us is still a baby! dont ask the baby to work toooooooo hard now ,,,its sleeeepling ..
rock a bye baby in the tree top

•••
right, keep your .info and .us 3 letter domains for a few years and they will be worth thousands...

•••
It is obvious you raised prices Adorable because in the less than $99 category, AKU.info is listed for $850? Also, thank you for raising your prices, make my $x,xxx .infos an easier sell.

•••
William9 said:
It is obvious you raised prices Adorable because in the less than $99 category, AKU.info is listed for $850? Also, thank you for raising your prices, make my $x,xxx .infos an easier sell.

have to say he is only following the market , namewinner, pool have sales now for over 1000 with quality three letter .infos its hard to catch good ones now so naturally the price rises right?
this collective not just one individual deciding to raise the price

•••
harpo said:
patience wasnt it just a few months ago the thousands of three letter us were bought up , how long does a tree take to bear fruit ???
the .com is past being a teenager and hes working full time,,,, though the .us is still a baby! dont ask the baby to work toooooooo hard now ,,,its sleeeepling ..
rock a bye baby in the tree top
i hope so, i guess i will keep them for now

•••
William9 said:

I think you meant "adoptable", not adorable, so I'll reply. Yes, I have raised most prices on the more valuable and usable ones from the sub-$100 prices to mid $XXX. I must have forgot to change a category, so thanks for pointing it out. Some I've had at highers prices all along, such as MLK.info (i.e. Martin Luther King) and common abreviations and acronyms like BTU.info (British Thermal Units), or AUV.info (Automous Underwater Vehicle). I've done this in response to the market. a year ago you could pick up most 3-letters for <$10 on Namewinner and minimum bids on Pool.com. Now they are mostly going for low $XXX figures even for poor ones.

Domains are generally priced by the market conditions. You can always reduce prices for a deal, but rarely get more than what you originally asked. I still make wholesale deals, just not quite as low as before. My inventory of 3-letters has also been reduced greatly with a number of sales. I'm now buying 3-letter .biz and .us knowing they will at least double in the next year or so when I can get them for the right price. I purchased five 3-letter .us just today on this site.

Some have regarded the million+ free infos as a bad thing, but if you have GOOD info names, this just makes available alternatives more scarce and increases value of the good ones including the 3L's. I also think it has enhanced the value of .biz and .us as well with less available in .info.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
Some have regarded the million+ free infos as a bad thing, but if you have GOOD info names, this just makes available alternatives more scarce and increases value of the good ones including the 3L's. I also think it has enhanced the value of .biz and .us as well with less available in .info.

I guess this is the "glass half full" view of the .info giveaway.
I would imagine they did a ton of market research before making this move but to me it still dilluted the value of many .info domains. I am now wondering whenever I see a .info for sale or otherwise whether it was picked up for free.

I guess time will tell and I am hopefully optimistic that .infos will continue to increase in value at the same rate despite the giveaway.

•••
this is great we talking about this so openly you know the major player know all this stuff they keep quiet like a ninja warrior, though for the few who have fun with this and dont take it so serious i think we get more out of it,

•••
harpo said:
this is great we talking about this so openly you know the major player know all this stuff they keep quiet like a ninja warrior, though for the few who have fun with this and dont take it so serious i think we get more out of it,
yep!

•••
Namedelivery.com said:
I am now wondering whenever I see a .info for sale or otherwise whether it was picked up for free.

If you sell wholesale only to other resellers, it probably does make a difference. For a name with a REAL end use, if the name is worth $600, does it really matter if the seller paid $0, $8.99, or $500?

I would also imaging a lot of names that drop from enom in the next 90 days when not claimed or next year when not renewed at other registrars and enom, will be picked up for the typical $60+ drop catch fees. In value, that's zero to 60+ in one year of real value.

Also, all domains are more valuable when the same name is taken in other TLD's. Just being unavailable enhances the value of .biz, .us, and even .net and .org versions.

In addition, if you park your free names, you get to "test drive" them for a year for free to see if they might get any traffic. If they don't, you are out nothing (unless you forget to turn off autorenew :o ). If they do, you've gotten a years PPC income and a good lead on a name to renew with first rights.

Yes, my glass is half full, and maybe a little more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back