Domain Empire

question ___AI.com or ____.ai?

NameSilo
Watch

Parasbhasin1093

Impact
Hi Experts,

What do you suggest will give better return?

AI extension or .com extension with ai word
aaaa.ai or
Aiaaa.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm no 'expert' but according to NameBio, over the past 3 months sales of 1 word dictionary .ai domains have the highest figures. So at present I'd say ___.ai

Providing of course your name is a good one and the stars align and the right buyer finds it!

•••
Ai.com and it’s not even close.
.Ai extension is a fad that will die IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Both :) .com is king, .ai is extremely popular, jump on the bandwagon

•••
I agree with you there, I believe .com will always be top and I would prefer to buy 'Keyword'Ai.com

However at present .ai has highest sales.

•••
At the moment SingleWord.Ai is faring better than SingleWord+Ai.com

•••
Thanks everyone
Conclude
KeywordAI. Com is ever green and .ai is at boom at present.
Closing the loop

•••
.ai will become super popular for a few more years tbh

Abit too late to jump in

Unless u find a very good drop

•••
If you own MyAI.com your brand is "My AI." If you own My.ai your brand is "My dot AI."

Upshot: MyAI.com is (generally) better.

•••
Get both!

If I am investor, I will buy the .com cause holding cost is low. wait for the person to develop word.ai into a big company and they will pay for the wordai.com. There are still many word.ai available

•••
🧠 Honestly, .ai literally reads as the more future-proof option. Especially for individuals and companies dealing in Artificial Intelligence. Ai technology isn’t going anywhere; and the demand for exact-match domains will only grow. For example, a company called ‘My Name Ai’ will likely prefer ‘myname.ai’ over ‘mynameai.com’. After all, the latter is longer and uses an extension that’s not exactly field/brand relevant. Yes, .com is popular and desirable to some; but more people are recognizing they have options outside of pegging the digital identity of self, brand and/or company to ‘.COMmercial’.

Last edited:
•••
🧠 Honestly, .ai literally reads as the more future-proof option.
No. It's going to fade like all others before it.

The industry leader, Open AI, uses openai.com, not open.ai.

And this is not the first time we've had a prediction like this. .co was going to take over when its restrictions were lifted, as was .io. But every notable brand still uses .com.

•••
At the moment SingleWord.Ai is faring better than SingleWord+Ai.com
You are comparing a long-tail three word .com domain with a one word .Ai

desperate and even then i’d rather the three word .com.

Last edited:
•••
No. It's going to fade like all others before it.

The industry leader, Open AI, uses openai.com, not open.ai.

And this is not the first time we've had a prediction like this. .co was going to take over when its restrictions were lifted, as was .io. But every notable brand still uses .com.

🤝 Let’s agree to disagree. The perspective I provided is derived from a belief in ‘the evolution of preference’. The same way humans evolve, their preferences evolve as well. Why wouldn’t the same apply with respect to how humans CHOOSE to identify self, brand or business online?

👁️ Individuals/businesses are starting to grow out of their complacency with using .com. The closer a web address reads to your own name, company or brand the better. Adding .com to a name isn’t a prerequisite for using, or being successful on, the web as some like to imply.

🐴 You alluded to historical trends; and I agree history should be noted. However, we must remember there were likely people who believed horse and carriage would be THE leading means of transportation FOREVER until…..the automobile proved otherwise.

🙏 Respectfully, .com had its time. Things are changing. Why? Because they have to. That’s just how life, and business, tend to work.

👤Mel
Quad | Mainnet

Last edited:
•••
You are comparing a long-tail three word .com domain with a one word .Ai

desperate and even then i’d rather the three word .com.

SingleWord as in WORD.AI vs. WORDAI.COM

•••
SingleWord as in WORD.AI vs. WORDAI.COM
I have a Word.ai and WordAi.com and so far the .com is getting way more traffic, however it'll be interesting to see which (hopefully) sells first.
Obviously traffic doesn't necessarily = sale

•••
Get both if you can cheaply, but don't overpay for .ai

•••
Better drop AI and get brandable dotcom
E.g
Cortana
Brad
Alexa

.ai - temporary hype

•••
Let’s agree to disagree. The perspective I provided is derived from a belief in ‘the evolution of preference’. The same way humans evolve, their preferences evolve as well. Why wouldn’t the same apply with respect to how humans CHOOSE to identify self, brand or business online?
The preference of extensions is conditioned, and it has created a positive-feedback loop. The vast majority of websites people visit use the .com-extension, it is what has been normalized, and if you don't use a .com it comes across as odd, and you'll have to specify that every time. As carrot.ai you can't market yourself as "Carrot" because you'll leak traffic to carrot.com.

Individuals/businesses are starting to grow out of their complacency with using .com. The closer a web address reads to your own name, company or brand the better. Adding .com to a name isn’t a prerequisite for using, or being successful on, the web as some like to imply.
It isn't a prerequisite for being successful, but it extremely important for marketing purposes.

You alluded to historical trends; and I agree history should be noted. However, we must remember there were likely people who believed horse and carriage would be THE leading means of transportation FOREVER until…..the automobile proved otherwise.
Pardon me, but this has to be the dumbest analogy I've read on this site. The automobile filled a role the horse carriage didn't. In contrast, .ai doesn't offer anything that the .com doesn't.

Respectfully, .com had its time. Things are changing. Why? Because they have to. That’s just how life, and business, tend to work.
We're not talking about life or business, we're talking about the popularity of extensions, and there's no reason for it to change. You're effectively arguing for silver surpassing gold in value with nothing but poor analogies about how the world is unpredictable and how things change. But it doesn't work like that.

There's a reason the .com is the most popular extension, and if we examine that reason we realize why it has cemented with time.

•••
The preference of extensions is conditioned, and it has created a positive-feedback loop. The vast majority of websites people visit use the .com-extension, it is what has been normalized, and if you don't use a .com it comes across as odd, and you'll have to specify that every time. As carrot.ai you can't market yourself as "Carrot" because you'll leak traffic to carrot.com.

It isn't a prerequisite for being successful, but it extremely important for marketing purposes.

Pardon me, but this has to be the dumbest analogy I've read on this site. The automobile filled a role the horse carriage didn't. In contrast, .ai doesn't offer anything that the .com doesn't.

We're not talking about life or business, we're talking about the popularity of extensions, and there's no reason for it to change. You're effectively arguing for silver surpassing gold in value with nothing but poor analogies about how the world is unpredictable and how things change. But it doesn't work like that.

There's a reason the .com is the most popular extension, and if we examine that reason we realize why it has cemented with time.

🤦‍♂️ Your response reflects the very reason I respectfully requested we agree to disagree. Obviously, you’re a .com maximalist who believes digital naming can’t, and maybe shouldn’t, evolve. The points I made were merely alluding to inevitable change/evolution. Things do in fact change. Even if not in YOUR mind.

🙎‍♂️ If you believe .ai doesn’t offer/do anything different than .com, that just speaks to the lack of innovation in the Web2 domain space in general. I’m sure you’ll disagree. But hey, you’re free to go the distance and get a .com tattoo to commemorate your allegiance to the extension. Maybe even get it etched on your tombstone.

💁‍♂️ In closing, you expressed that a logical, and respectful, analogy was the “dumbest” thing you’ve read in this forum. It’s clear your indecency here is a reflection of your deficiency in character. Regardless of what you believe, names you hold or revenue you’ve generated, hopefully you “evolve” into a ‘better person’.

🙏 Take care.

👤Mel
QUAD Domains

•••
Your response reflects the very reason I respectfully requested we agree to disagree. Obviously, you’re a .com maximalist who believes digital naming can’t, and maybe shouldn’t, evolve. The points I made were merely alluding to inevitable change/evolution. Things do in fact change. Even if not in YOUR mind.
It's not that it can't or shouldn't, it's that it won't: because there's no reason for it to. Everyone uses the .com, everyone wants the .com, and the only reason you'd register anything else is if you can't get the .com. Everyone knows this. That's why the options are: the .com or an alternative.

If you believe .ai doesn’t offer/do anything different than .com, that just speaks to the lack of innovation in the Web2 domain space in general. I’m sure you’ll disagree. But hey, you’re free to go the distance and get a .com tattoo to commemorate your allegiance to the extension. Maybe even get it etched on your tombstone.
What do you mean "innovation?" We're talking about domain extensions, not technological advancement. .ai is just the ccTLD for Anguilla. It's a cool gimmick for AI-related businesses and services, but that's all it is.

In closing, you expressed that a logical, and respectful, analogy was the “dumbest” thing you’ve read in this forum. It’s clear your indecency here is a reflection of your deficiency in character. Regardless of what you believe, names you hold or revenue you’ve generated, hopefully you “evolve” into a ‘better person’.
You were making an analogy relating to technological advancement, which is completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

Justifying your position with vague allusions of how "things change" and of how "tomorrow is unpredictable" without giving any reason for why it would change, only makes you come across as a bullshitter.

•••
It's not that it can't or shouldn't, it's that it won't: because there's no reason for it to. Everyone uses the .com, everyone wants the .com, and the only reason you'd register anything else is if you can't get the .com. Everyone knows this. That's why the options are: the .com or an alternative.

What do you mean "innovation?" We're talking about domain extensions, not technological advancement. .ai is just the ccTLD for Anguilla. It's a cool gimmick for AI-related businesses and services, but that's all it is.

You were making an analogy relating to technological advancement, which is completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

Justifying your position with vague allusions of how "things change" and of how "tomorrow is unpredictable" without giving any reason for why it would change, only makes you come across as a bullshitter.

🤦‍♂️ Your CHOICE to use words like “dumbest” and “bullshitter” is a clear reflection of questionable character. I’ve been nothing but respectful and tolerant during our exchange. Yet, you’ve chosen to tarnish the integrity of this thread with a style of communication that doesn’t support healthy dialogue. Do better and take care.

🙏 Respectfully,

👤Mel
QUAD Domains

•••
Your CHOICE to use words like “dumbest” and “bullshitter” is a clear reflection of questionable character.
No it's a reflection of honestly. You're not arguing for your position. Instead you're relying on marketing buzz-words and empty promises...or as it's normally called, "bullshit." If I were to sugar-coat it I'd be implicit in peddling it, and I have no interest in doing that.

I’ve been nothing but respectful and tolerant during our exchange. Yet, you’ve chosen to tarnish the integrity of this thread with a style of communication that doesn’t support healthy dialogue.
A healthy dialogue is an honest one. If I'm not free to critique your misleading claims, then someone might make the mistake of taking your advice and end up losing a lot of money. Your ego or someone else's financial situation, which do you think should be prioritized?

•••
No it's a reflection of honestly. You're not arguing for your position. Instead you're relying on marketing buzz-words and empty promises...or as it's normally called, "bullshit." If I were to sugar-coat it I'd be implicit in peddling it, and I have no interest in doing that.

A healthy dialogue is an honest one. If I'm not free to critique your misleading claims, then someone might make the mistake of taking your advice and end up losing a lot of money. Your ego or someone else's financial situation, which do you think should be prioritized?

🙏 We’ve directly exchanged more than enough views and opinions here. So much so, the thread is probably going in a direction other than what the author intended. The nature of your posts has been noted. As I stated from the very beginning, let’s agree to disagree. May you find peace in your stance; along with ways to become a better person in life and not just domaining. Take care.

👤Mel
QUAD Domains

•••
Both are relevant in their own communities and uses. Know your purpose first. If you’re going to make an AI website, then go for .ai. And then get the .com for defensive purpose. .com are really cheap to hold even if you dont use.

Now, if you’re only looking for investment, try to find good ones that will create value in the near future.

For .ai, seek for names that are most likely to be AI companies in the near future. Take for example, including.ai, which is still available for registration, this seems to be a great buy because the meaning of this word is simple and may be related to a AI service. So, whether you are into building a company out of it or invest in it for future use, it will bring something good.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back