Dynadot

Abortion opponent refuses to give up Web domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Came across this arcticle today about someone using the domains love mcdonalds.com and washingtonposthealth.com to promote their views on abortion. Looks like they'll be going to jail soon. Just a warning be prepared if you look at either of them domains because there is some pictures on there that just might upset your stomach.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/3610745.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes the Pictures on there are very Graphic, and honestly the guy who made the domains knew that the names "McDonalds" and "Washington Post" are trade mark names and that those two companies own the rights to them.

•••
Okay I went back and read more into the above mentioned sites, he claims that the sites are not "Protest" sites, but well just by what I read on there, he claims that they are his own religious and ethical view points. If this were not a protest site, then why does he keep throwing questions in there toward the people who happen to stumble up on the page. Yes I know that Freedom of speech is any americans constitutional right, but last I recall the legal case of Row vs Wade is what gave women the right to have abortions.

The creator of the page is looking for attention, because if you look at the second page listed in the above post, there are links to letters and documents where legal actions have been taken against this man and the list is pretty long.

I'm not going to put my personal feelings on the issue of abortion in this post, but anyone who goes and reads what the creator of the page has on there will see that it is a protest page to an extent.

•••
Originally posted by bobbi
I'm not going to put my personal feelings on the issue of abortion in this post

Well, I am! :p

If you'd like to support women's rights, here are two petitions that you can sign:

Generation Pro-Choice

Save Roe Now

And yes, Roe v Wade did set the legal precedent that has made abortion legal. Unfortunately, due to the threats and bombings by pro-lifers, 80% of the nation still has no access to the clinics that provide for this legal right.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back