NameSilo

Accessing Your Domain When You Registered It With Hosting?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anyone know how to access your domain to change the nameservers when you registered it with your hosting? Im really confused on how to find it. I have to transfer my site from Anhosts because ever since this crap that calls itself midPhase took over their support has been atrocious. My site is down and they havent done a thing to help get it back up, nor have they replied to me to when I asked where my domain is located. I was just wondering if anyone else knew an easier way to locate it. Any help is appreciate.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need to either login to their control panel or the registrar the domain is with. What is the domain and maybe we can help.

•••
Its fanvault.com. I dont know where their control panel is or the registrar, they never gave me that info unfortunetly. Just hooked up the domain. Thanks.

•••
I don't think you can access it at all unless they (anhost) makes a special provision for it, such as by creating a tucows/opensrs account for you and pushing the domain into the new account.

If they continue to be unreachable, your only choice would be to initiate a domain transfer into an account you control, at a different registrar such as enom or godaddy. To do this, you must be one of the email contacts for the domain and your domain must not be "locked" at the registrar.

•••
Originally posted by Kimberwyn
Its fanvault.com. I dont know where their control panel is or the registrar, they never gave me that info unfortunetly. Just hooked up the domain. Thanks.

https://manage.opensrs.net/

this is the control panel for openSRS the question is will your pwd work.

•••
also looks like the domain is expired.

•••
Thanks guys. I found out how to access it. I didn't even know the domain expired, it was two days ago. NO ONE even told me or sent me an email. Anhosts says you get a free domain for life, and on whois they said it expired in 2005....but in that account it said 2004. Very strange....

•••
•••
Unfortunately, "free domain for life" does not mean that the domain is "free", nor that you will be able to use it "for life" -- only for the life of the contract! Like other typical webhost advertisers, MidPhase uses domain registration as a lure to hook potential customers into signing up for their webhosting services. If Anhost has the same Terms of Service as MidPhase, it will cost you something like $21.95 to renew the name yourself if you cancel your contract.

I was snagged in a deal like this with one of my first domain name/webhosting contracts. I hate to see this happen to other people.

•••
Whoops, I didn't mean free. I got it with hosting.

Anyways, I cant transfer the domain I guess since its on registrar lock, which is really stupid. Is there any way to unlock it? I need to transfer the whole site but now I can't even find the IP since the domain down.

•••
GET YOUR "FREE" HOSING OFFER!

Yep, that's what I meant also. "Free" as long as you pay for hosing, right?

Were you able to retrieve the name?

--
EDIT: :lol: I meant "hosting" in the first sentence above, but hosing seems much more appropriate!

•••
Ah, I see. I just checked it out and domain transfer is pending on Namecheap. It was unlocked now, for some reason, maybe because it expired. So if it transfers hopefully I won't have to pay the $21 which really would suck. It is unfortunate that cluless people, like me at the time, get sucked into that.

Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it.

•••
Looks like it didn't work. I got this error"

"Unable to retrieve current domain contacts from UWhois"

•••
Originally posted by Kimberwyn
Looks like it didn't work. I got this error"

"Unable to retrieve current domain contacts from UWhois"

Hi there!

I'm actually able to lookup the WHOIS record for your
domain name. I doublechecked it w/ the Registry
(www.verisign-grs.com) to see if their expiration dates
match.

As long as your domain's not expired and not on
registrar-lock (and the registry says it's not), you should
be able to transfer out.

Just make sure your administrative contact email is
valid. Also, I suggest you create a folder in your aol
email that'll specifically get any emails from where your
domain's currently registered.

As an added suggestion, contact your domain registrar
(or wherever it's with) and ask them what specific email
address will the transfer email come from. If they provide
you that, create a rule in your email account to receive
that.

I give this added suggestion 'coz AOL filters emails a lot.
This is an added measure to make sure it gets thru if
they decide it's spam.

Or is there something about AOL I'm missing?

If this is confusing, sorry about that. Just say so and
we'll clarify it further if need be.

•••
Often you can not transfer a name once it is expired

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back