Dynadot

AdSense handling of Twitter URL redirects

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi...does someone know Adsense's position regarding Twitter redirects to websites with posted ads? I cannot find this policy anywhere, and am trying to understand the official Google position on this topic.

Full disclosure...I recently got into an umm...disagreement with GoDaddy regarding this issues and parked pages. In short, I used Twitter Direct Messages to redirect traffic to certain parked pages. Google basically flagged this traffic and instructed GoDaddy to take action. While GoDaddy's AUP or TOS does not specifically prohibit such action (and there is a long list of prohibited actions Google Adsense thinks my Tweets are Click Fraud), in the end, the Google rule (what Google says, rules) is what mattered most.

Before anyone focuses on the merits / violations / etc. of parked pages, please note that this is not my issue or concern. I am specifically concerned with *webpages* with embeded ads. In particular, I would like to understand the difference between directing someone to a parked URL with ads vs. a full website page with ads. As Twitter is one of the most useful tools for directing a reader to a blog or personal page, am I now "endangering" my website / blog ad revenue too if Adsense decides that my directing of people to my site or blog is not natural traffic?

Needless to say, given that Google now receives direct Twitter feeds (not to mention, 1/2 of Twitter's usefulness is redirects), I am hoping their is a major difference between the handling of parked pages and web pages with ads. If not, there is a major conflict between the usefulness of Twitter and Adsense, etc.

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Everybody knows you cannot direct, or redirect traffic to parked pages, there is no debate to be had in regards to this.

Why are you even using Godaddy to park your domains? They are useless in this endeavour.

•••
Maxeaus...thanks for your response. Regarding GoDaddy...chalk it up to laziness. Needless to say...

As for my question though, I am specifically concerned about *non* parked pages. In other words, "normal" websites, blogs, etc. that have ads posted on them. Question is simply of Adsense policies prohibit you to use Twitter to redirect someone back to your website or blog. I am thinking the answer is "yes...they do" as that traffic is not natural.

Again...thanks for your help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back