Domain Empire

Bodis landers trigger AV alert

NameSilo
Watch
For the past 24hrs or so, my AV blocks all pages from Bodis with a 'download blocked' alert. I have tried the same domains on other platforms (eg. PC) with no problems. It seems this happens only with Bodis.

I'm using Kaspersky and the description of the blocked download contains this: "HEUR:AdWare.Script.Pusher.gen"

Does anyone else get these alerts or is it just my AV?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For the past 24hrs or so, my AV blocks all pages from Bodis with a 'download blocked' alert. I have tried the same domains on other platforms (eg. PC) with no problems. It seems this happens only with Bodis.

I'm using Kaspersky and the description of the blocked download contains this: "HEUR:AdWare.Script.Pusher.gen"

Does anyone else get these alerts or is it just my AV?
I am using Bitdefender and I encountered the same problem.

•••
Hi

getting the same error @bodis

imo...

•••
Thank you both. Since it seems it's not just me, I'll go ahead and create a ticket with them.

This might seem like just a 1-2 days revenue might be lost but it's more serious since there is a very good chance that domains will get flagged by visitors and end up being flagged by G as well.

It is also important to note that I am *not* using 2nd tier ads with Bodis. It's all G's ads and it is highly suspicious why eg. PC not getting alerts for the same ads but Bodis gets them.

•••
Very fast response:

"Thank you for contacting us. Our engineers have been made aware of this issue and are currently working to resolve it. We are attempting to get this issue resolved as soon as possible."

•••
Any update on this? I was considering trying some parking listings with them.
This might seem like just a 1-2 days revenue might be lost but it's more serious since there is a very good chance that domains will get flagged by visitors and end up being flagged by G as well.
Sounds like this could have serious consequences?

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains ,
it has been fixed now . I'm not sure how long the issue lasted so, hopefully, no domain got flagged.

How serious that can be?
Well, if a domain gets flagged it can be blocked by G (which means no revenue from them) and it might also -in extreme cases- lead to the registry blocking the domain (if enough people complain).. so,yeah, if you piss people off too much they might make a domain completely worthless.

•••
Have the ad-blocker issues improved at all lately as well?

•••
Have the ad-blocker issues improved at all lately as well?

The only issue I had with Bodis and blockers (besides the obvious that ads are not showing) was that the sales banner wasn't always there.

Since then I have switched most of my domains for sale to Above.com's make-offer landers so not sure if that was fixed or not.

However, the few domains I currently have with sales-banners at Bodis immediately redirect to the link that the sales-banner contains when they detect ad-blockers. Not a bad solution if you ask me.

•••
The only issue I had with Bodis and blockers (besides the obvious that ads are not showing) was that the sales banner wasn't always there.
However, the few domains I currently have with sales-banners at Bodis immediately redirect to the link that the sales-banner contains when they detect ad-blockers. Not a bad solution if you ask me.
That is good to hear. So, even if you are not getting ad revenue in those instances, at least you get sales lander redirects. Neat.

•••
Oh noes, I thought it was just me as a couple of days ago I couldnt see any of my domains ads (I was just checking them) and I deactivated my antivirus for web as I thought that was the problem and it worked short term. I just tested mine again, not good. Firefox and chrome say there is a problem loading and the site is not reachable, whereas they are showing on tor. This is not good.

•••
@Sjpals,
did you experience that today? I'm asking because I checked a few domains earlier today and all worked with no problems (using Firefox with uMatrix, uBlock and Kaspersky)

•••
@Sjpals,
did you experience that today? I'm asking because I checked a few domains earlier today and all worked with no problems (using Firefox with uMatrix, uBlock and Kaspersky)
I tried just now on my mobile as opposed to laptop when I tried yesterday.
Safari shows it fine, Firefox shows an error and DuckDuckGo shows nothing unless I switch privacy protection off

Attachments

• IMG_7589.png
    IMG_7589.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7588.png
    IMG_7588.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7587.png
    IMG_7587.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 30
•••
Are you using Bodis NS? My landers look fine but I'm using Above.com's NS to direct traffic to Bodis.
I would check myself but I don't think I have any domains with Bodis NS.

Edit: just noticed the domain name. I checked it and it has custom NS. Maybe the problem lies in those NS and not in Bodis. Moreover, I didn't get any AV alerts when I visited your domain.

Last edited:
•••
Are you using Bodis NS? My landers look fine but I'm using Above.com's NS to direct traffic to Bodis.
I would check myself but I don't think I have any domains with Bodis NS.

Edit: just noticed the domain name. I checked it and it has custom NS. Maybe the problem lies in those NS and not in Bodis. Moreover, I didn't get any AV alerts when I visited your domain.
No, I’m not using bodis NS, I’m using cname to direct the domain. If it works fine on tor and safari and not on Firefox or DuckDuckGo (which is based on Firefox), then it’s a Firefox problem.

•••
I just check with Chrome and I got the same error. Maybe I'm typing the domain wrong?
1713052912196.png

•••
@Sjpals One domain in your screenshots is not even registered, did you make a typo there?

Last edited:
•••
@Sjpals One domain in your screenshots is not even registered, did you make a typo there?
Whoops, yes I did.
The domain is AmericanCruiseLies .com

Ok, so I rechecked on my mobile and PEBKAC lol, it works fine on all three browsers!! I’ll recheck on my laptop later as I checked that through Bodis itself (eg there is a link in bodis to check).

Last edited:
•••
PEBKAC .. I haven't heard that since forever :)

Just fyi, the domain is still not loading on my side, both on firefox and chrome

•••
PEBKAC .. I haven't heard that since forever :)

Just fyi, the domain is still not loading on my side, both on firefox and chrome
PEBKAC - yeah, i'm that old and I find it's still an apt description for many circumstances (usually when I contact support for something and I did something stupid, like manage to screw up a brand new macbook 5 hours after owning it and it needed a full wipe and restore).

So, I am totally confused now.....
I looked in bodis and found a domain that got a click yesterday (xknit .com), so I know it showed up on someones device
I put xknit .com into all my browsers on both devices with private / not incognito windows etc and it works fine :xf.rolleyes:

Checked the DNS for xknit and AmericanCruiseLies and they are exactly the same (except one has an extra text record, which wouldnt change anything).

Im going to have to check all my bodis domains now. Thanks for making me aware, and sorry if I hijacked this thread a bit!!

I think i'll contact bodis and ask WTF as

•••
PEBKAC - yeah, i'm that old and I find it's still an apt description for many circumstances (usually when I contact support for something and I did something stupid, like manage to screw up a brand new macbook 5 hours after owning it and it needed a full wipe and restore).
Thanks for sharing that nifty old acronym. So the "Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair?"

Perhaps not. My Chrome browser indicated tonight that the site was not secure. So pehaps a TLS issue currently persists?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing that nifty old acronym. So the "Problem is Between Keyboard and Chair?"

Perhaps not. My Chrome browser indicated tonight that the site was not secure. So pehaps a TLS issue currently persists?
It's nearly always fitting...
AHH, ok, good, I often blame myself.
I just checked and i think you are right....
gold star
⭐
its entirely my mistake. xknit url forwards to the https whereas AmericanCruiseLies url forwards to http. Its my mistake in the DNS, and I didnt notice *sigh*

Last edited:
•••
It's nearly always fitting...
AHH, ok, good, I often blame myself.
I just checked and i think you are right....
gold star
⭐
its entirely my mistake. xknit url forwards to the https whereas AmericanCruiseLies url forwards to http. Its my mistake in the DNS, and I didnt notice *sigh*
Could you explain what exactly was the DNS error? That might help others here that see a similar issue with some of their Bodis listings.

•••
Could you explain what exactly was the DNS error? That might help others here that see a similar issue with some of their Bodis listings.
Sure, im an idiot.....but can explain, LOL

I have my nameservers set as the ones that the registrar uses. The reason being that If I use afternic, dan, sedo, SH etc, they all require different things like cname changes or txt records adding. You cant add txt records unless you are using the registrar NS.

My registrar doesnt allow CNAME flattening (eg I cant leave the root name blank, it has to be * or www), which is a pain, but all I need to do is a URL forward. I forward the root name to the Https:// www of the domain and that solves most browser problems. on this occasion, I missed the S eg I redirected to http and therefore that provoked the TLS problem. I am now going through them all to check them, add the S where missing and regretting my life choices (I should have just used afternic landers and be done with it, lloool).

For any of the curious, the other records I have in each domain is:

-CNAME * and CNAME www set to my bodis eg when you add a name, they tell you the CNAME records to add. Its a number like 123456.bodis.com. I cant add the blank ( as mentioned above)

-Txt records if afternic or sedo or dan etc have a hissy and needs it (about 10% of my domains)

I used to do a catch all for email, but got emails I really shouldnt have (like login and company / customer domains etc) and loads of junk, so I removed that from all domains.

Hope thats helpful

Last edited:
•••
Sure, im an idiot.....but can explain, LOL

My registrar doesnt allow CNAME flattening (eg I cant leave the root name blank, it has to be * or www), which is a pain, but all I need to do is a URL forward. I forward the root name to the Https:// www of the domain and that solves most browser problems. on this occasion, I missed the S eg I redirected to http and therefore that provoked the TLS problem. I am now going through them all to check them, add the S where missing and regretting my life choices (I should have just used afternic landers and be done with it, lloool).

For any of the curious, the other records I have in each domain is:

-CNAME * and CNAME www set to my bodis eg when you add a name, they tell you the CNAME records to add. Its a number like 123456.bodis.com. I cant add the blank ( as mentioned above)
Thanks for the technical details. Right now, I'm feeling a bit like a PEBKAC with an ID-10T/1D-10T error trying to sort out the blocking and TLS issues!

Wow, so using the CNAME with the forwarding solves most of the browser issues? Would using this vs using NS1/2 make a difference with the TLS and blocking issues?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back