Domain Empire

Bodis landers trigger AV alert

NameSilo
Watch
For the past 24hrs or so, my AV blocks all pages from Bodis with a 'download blocked' alert. I have tried the same domains on other platforms (eg. PC) with no problems. It seems this happens only with Bodis.

I'm using Kaspersky and the description of the blocked download contains this: "HEUR:AdWare.Script.Pusher.gen"

Does anyone else get these alerts or is it just my AV?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the technical details. Right now, I'm feeling a bit like a PEBKAC with an ID-10T/1D-10T error trying to sort out the blocking and TLS issues!

Wow, so using the CNAME with the forwarding solves most of the browser issues? Would using this vs using NS1/2 make a difference with the TLS and blocking issues?
Haha, we all don’t know what we don’t know. Always happy to help others and to learn!

My preference would be to use ns1.bodis.com and ns2.bodis.com which I still do for some domains. It’s only the ones that I have problems with, or need txt records for that I then use the CNAME records.

If you want to send me a pm, I’m happy to help you further (though I’m in Australia, so will be after work tomorrow).

•••
Haha, we all don’t know what we don’t know. Always happy to help others and to learn!

My preference would be to use ns1.bodis.com and ns2.bodis.com which I still do for some domains. It’s only the ones that I have problems with, or need txt records for that I then use the CNAME records.
Thanks for your guidance. As a result, I decided to give Bodis another try, and uploaded most of my portfolio there using the ns1/2. Other than some initial tls issues, everything seems to be working fine.

Does it appear that the AV alert issue has been completely resolved? And the adblocker issues improved overall?

•••
The only issue I had with Bodis and blockers (besides the obvious that ads are not showing) was that the sales banner wasn't always there.

Since then I have switched most of my domains for sale to Above.com's make-offer landers so not sure if that was fixed or not.

However, the few domains I currently have with sales-banners at Bodis immediately redirect to the link that the sales-banner contains when they detect ad-blockers. Not a bad solution if you ask me.

u mean if bodis ads page with banner is blocked it goes direct to what's behind banner...say bodis inquiry form for me... or do u really need to have a url redirect behind banner for this to work? like here:

www.lyz.co

•••
@alcy ,
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking (lack of sleep most probably :xf.smile:)

What is the difference between what is 'behind' the banner compared to a redirect?

Whatever is setup for that particular banner is going to be used instead of eg. a blank page (due to lack of an ad feed or due to a blocker) which, afaik, is always a url redirect.

It doesn't matter if the banner redirects to a 'for sale' page or to Bodis' own inquiry form; they are all redirecting the visitor somewhere.

•••
@alcy ,
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking (lack of sleep most probably :xf.smile:)

What is the difference between what is 'behind' the banner compared to a redirect?

Whatever is setup for that particular banner is going to be used instead of eg. a blank page (due to lack of an ad feed or due to a blocker) which, afaik, is always a url redirect.

It doesn't matter if the banner redirects to a 'for sale' page or to Bodis' own inquiry form; they are all redirecting the visitor somewhere.

Haha tnx bud.. seems to me like u understood me perfectly. this is real good to known cause so many get blocked..
so at least having bodis inquiry or whatever banner points to is just amazing news
.. I.think to all.

tnx for sharing

•••

@LoveCatchyDomains ,
it has been fixed now . I'm not sure how long the issue lasted so, hopefully, no domain got flagged.

How serious that can be?
Well, if a domain gets flagged it can be blocked by G (which means no revenue from them) and it might also -in extreme cases- lead to the registry blocking the domain (if enough people complain).. so,yeah, if you piss people off too much they might make a domain completely worthless.
There's a law against making something worthless on purpose. In fact,it could bring down the whole industry.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back