Dynadot

report Adware/virus-like activity with Sedo parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

greggb

Established Member
Impact
Up until last night there was something really strange going on with the only two domain names I had parked at Sedo. I just checked with a proxy browser and noticed that things look ok. I was warned by a member of this forum not to visit my own domains too often (because it can look like click fraud), so I don't want to pull the domains up on my computer now.

What happened was, after entering the url of my domains in my browser, I'd immediately go into a series of redirects and wind up on a page saying my flash needed to be updated. This was on Chrome, btw. Then an executable would start to download and I'd have to use task manager to kill the browser process.

I chatted with an experienced member here last night and he told me he thought it was a virus on my computer. But this was happening on all the computers I checked my domain names on. Then I used a proxy browser to view the domain, and it never came up. I'm assuming it has some protection against this kind of behavior from a website.

But again, it doesn't seem to be doing that now.

I'd like to park all of my domains at Sedo but I've been afraid too, because this had been happening since I first parked my domains there 4 or 5 days ago.

The domain was mylectronics.com.

Would anyone here be up to checking out the domain and see what's going on? And for the record I don't want you to click any links.

Or have you ever heard of something like this happening?

Thanks,
Gregg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that's zero-click advertising . Do you have your domains already listed in your Sedo account? This thing happens on some of my domains mostly when they are in the process of review by Sedo ( not yet listed in my account ) and not yet confirmed in my account, but name-servers are pointing to their servers.

•••
•••
I think that's zero-click advertising . Do you have your domains already listed in your Sedo account? This thing happens on some of my domains mostly when they are in the process of review by Sedo ( not yet listed in my account ) and not yet confirmed in my account, but name-servers are pointing to their servers.

This had been going on for 4 days or so. They were listed in my account.

•••
•••
It's probably zero-click ads - here is some more info from sedo and how to disable it : https://sedo-us1.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3776/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDE4MjU0NTI5L3NpZC9ySW9OcEE5bQ== - maybe you should try some other companies for parking Sedo isn't the best paying one - try Bodis / ParkingCrew .

Thanks, I just checked out Bodis. So next question...would there be anything wrong in keeping my listings here at Sedo and listing/parking my domains at Bodis too?

•••
No - there is no problem list them everywhere Sedo, Afternic (Godaddy), ... doesn't hurt if you get a lead from major marketplaces while you can still park elsewhere ;) .

•••
•••
So, I get signed up with bodis, list all the domains I want to have listed, change my name servers to bodis', and type in one of my domains to see what happens. It redirects to target. So I figure I'll dink around and figure out how to just display a parking page. For starters, I can't read all the text/options on the individual domain settings page in Chrome, Firefox, or IE. I do notice that the option to have it redirect or show a parking page is blanked out, for no explained reason.

I also mistyped one of my domains. Bodis didn't seem to care if it was my domain or not. I guess I should put google up for sale and see if I can't sell it for a couple billion or so.

My domains aren't showing up in searches on the buyer's end. I haven't received any emails. No holograms have appeared before me telling me what I need to do next. Nowhere in the help is there anything about veryifying your domains, or getting your domains to show up in search results. And when you attempt to google any of the problems you're having you just get results about the human body.

Bodis' developers need to get jobs at Microsoft, I swear. What a frustrating experience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back