Dynadot

auctions Afternic Minimum Offer has no effect on GoDaddy Auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mambooo

Impact
When I set Minimum Offer on Afternic for a domain, it has no effect on GoDaddy Auciton. Buy Now updates immediately.

It seems, GoDaddy set an automated price for the domains and this is much higher than I would like to set.

For example:

Afternic settings and listing:

Buy Now: $3000
Reserve: $900
Minimum Offer: $400

GoDaddy Auctions

Buy Now: $3000 (updated correctly)
Minimum Offer: $1900 (automated)

Does anyone has the same problem?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Even I have faced the same problem.Did you find any solution?

•••
When I set Minimum Offer on Afternic for a domain, it has no effect on GoDaddy Auciton. Buy Now updates immediately.

It seems, GoDaddy set an automated price for the domains and this is much higher than I would like to set.

For example:

Afternic settings and listing:

Buy Now: $3000
Reserve: $900
Minimum Offer: $400

GoDaddy Auctions

Buy Now: $3000 (updated correctly)
Minimum Offer: $1900 (automated)

Does anyone has the same problem?

What happens if you add a make offer listing at GoDaddy with a minimum offer that you want? Besides having to take the extra step, does that work?

Edit, to realize that besides the extra step, you also would have to add a BIN and then keep them synched, which is probably what you are trying to avoid. I'd think that all of the partners that display the listing take liberties with the minimum offer depending on their needs, right? For different companies, it isn't going to be worth their time to chase down everything that comes in.

Last edited:
•••
I'd think that all of the partners that display the listing take liberties with the minimum offer depending on their needs, right? For different companies, it isn't going to be worth their time to chase down everything that comes in.

It makes sense, thank you!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back