Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Of course
In total 20 sales in 10 days all in March
For 7 of then no problem , money get but for the rest of 13 not

If that is the case, 99% that you will get paid, albeit I understand that we are not in business of crediting GD operations and have our own cash flow matters to manage.

Also, see if you can request a rep in Afternic. You should be eligible given the number of sales you are providing. They are generally very knowledgeable, responsive and helpful.

•••
If that is the case, 99% that you will get paid, albeit I understand that we are not in business of crediting GD operations and have our own cash flow matters to manage.

Also, see if you can request a rep in Afternic. You should be eligible given the number of sales you are providing. They are generally very knowledgeable, responsive and helpful.

Maybe 99% be paid , not familiar with this , but i am full domainer i depend on this money , i dont think understand my situation or them

+ i call many times + emails ...same result or same answers

•••
They are generally very knowledgeable, responsive and helpful.
They are not generally very knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. They blocked my GD account without explaining the reasons after I changed Nameservers from Afternic to Sedo at my domain listed at Afternic. I lost only one domain, and if you use GD as a registrar, you can lose all your domains. One famous domainer was right when he wrote in his blog that he never uses the same platform for sale and registration. This means that if something is a GD does not suit, they can always block your account with ALL your domains. And then they will also be silent and not solve problems as in the case of Armageddon. I think after this attitude GD lose thousands of domainers who will make own domains transfers to other registrars.

I sincerely do not understand why the rest of the forum members are silent. Do they really think this will not happen to them? But this can touch everyone! We are waiting for clear answer why Godaddy does not pay money for Afternic domain sales to our colleague?

Last edited:
•••
The silence from afternic is worrisome and strange indeed. I searched afternic reviews on google and it seems there might be others complaining on trustpilot about payouts not received (and also from the lack of communication or response).

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/afternic.com?sort=recency

Note: Afternic has always paid me on time; no issues for me. However, I do find this strange. Hopefully this gets resolved soon and there's a valid explanation. I can't imagine a company as big and reputable as godaddy/afternic having issues paying out small amounts (for them at least) like these.

Last edited:
•••
The silence from afternic is worrisome and strange indeed. I searched afternic reviews on google and it seems there might be others complaining on trustpilot about payouts not received (and also from the lack of communication or response).
I warned GD that having offended one person, they would lose the trust of millions

•••
I sincerely do not understand why the rest of the forum members are silent. Do they really think this will not happen to them? But this can touch everyone! We are waiting for clear answer why Godaddy does not pay money for Afternic domain sales to our colleague?
Yes, it could happen to any of us. It is troubling. They might have some reason or concern but it's too long and it's really cold to leave a seller hanging like that without any clarity or payment.

•••
Yes, it could happen to any of us. It is troubling. They might have some reason or concern but it's too long and it's really cold to leave a seller hanging like that without any clarity or payment.

Thanks for support but they verify all 12 names .com all have now status "Transfer Complete" since at least 29 March... see screenshot below and a payout date must be establish ...but is very hard to establish a date of payout & be paid ...i think take 5 min.

applicationgrok.png

+ Vix to be already paid on 26 March

vix.png

Last edited:
•••
In response to @Armageddon,

In March, our systems identified a small number of sales originating from an Afternic reseller which raised concerns regarding potential fraudulent activity. This was a contained incident, affecting less than 5 Afternic sellers. Consistent with our protocols, we worked closely with our Afternic reseller to fully investigate each domain sale. As a result of our findings, these domain sales were canceled and the domain names are in the process of being returned to the original sellers.

•••

In March, our systems identified a small number of sales originating from an Afternic reseller which raised concerns regarding potential fraudulent activity. This was a contained incident, affecting less than 5 Afternic sellers. Consistent with our protocols, we worked closely with our Afternic reseller to fully investigate each domain sale. As a result of our findings, these domain sales were canceled and the domain names are in the process of being returned to the original sellers.

I dont belive what you say , nothing to do

All have same status transfer complete & legit

AND WHAT YOU GODADDY SAY ABOUT
As is now look Vix .cc is clear a end buyer ( a legit buyer ) who start develop the domain of course the rest of 12 are legit with transfer complete

Not to mention ( from my verification ) some are Namecheap , some Domain .com some on other i think even Godaddy

Last edited:
•••
•••

i think you make a confusion & my situation with this person HobbyDomainer - i am not this person
:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
AND FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE WAS ANOTHER 4 SALES IN SAME PERIOD OF TIME
ONE WAS MADE VIA DAN.COM + 2 ALSO AFTERNIC IN A PARTNERSHIP WITH A MEMBER ON HIS ACCOUNT + ONE VIA SEDO

ONE OF MY TACTICS IS TO KEEP VERY VERY HIGH PRICES FOR MY DOMAINS LONG AS POSSIBLE & AFTER 3-4 MONTH TO DROP IN RANGE OF 250$ APROX + HEAVY ADVERTISING

SO BASIC IN APROX 10 DAYS WAS 24 LEGIT SALES

BECAUSE PEOPLE TRUTS IM ME BECAUSE I AM A HONEST PERSON , MANY FROM HERE CAN CONFIRM THIS ASPECT

I think not even read here or in private about what domains are & the status

in short words @GoDaddy DON'T come up with this excuse / fact because NOT apply on my case & Afternic MUST send those $2422 for my sale

P.S. NOW what , you will tell that , Polymath.eu was a fraudulent sale ? Was done via Sedo in same period , or the rest of 3...& if i set the price/s on my names listed on Afternic at this price/s 250 $ i will guarantee at least one will be sold , very fast , because i know what domains i have , but i will not until send me those $2422 for 13 sales

In case of Hobby Domainer the transaction/s was cancel in my case ..

"has been transferred successfully. We will now schedule your disbursement and notify you once your funds have been disbursed within the next 1-3 business days" ALL 12 have same status + Vix.cc with already a payout date establish 26 March but not paid

Last edited:
•••
I ran into an issue when I search for a domain from GoDaddy.com.

The domain is listed for sale, but I can't see any option to actually add to the cart.

I tried this with multiple domains, and had the same issue.

GoDaddy_frontend.jpg

The same domain is listed on GoDaddy auctions with a "Buy Now" option -

GoDaddy_auctions.jpg

As well as via the Afternic advanced search tool with a "Buy Now" option -

afternic_advanced.jpg

I checked out directly via GoDaddy auctions because I could not see any way to add the domain to my cart via the front end GoDaddy search. @GoDaddy @James Iles

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Here is another issue:

I moved a name that was for sale for $2499 to my friend's account for his development project (no charge) and removed it from for sale from Afternic. Yesterday, after having a good progress with the project and owning the name for few months, he calls me and asks why the name is for sale at GD for $2499. I rechecked and it is not in my Afternic or GD. So apparently, someone is prying on the removed names and re-adds them for various front-running opportunities.

It is crazy that GD/Afternic allow this. And even crazier: when I add my names straight from GD to Afternic, many names say they require extra verification by adding the unique NS. You'd think that adding from my own GD directly should be the ULTIMATE verification, but somehow some other sellers listings take precedence (((

•••
I checked out directly via GoDaddy auctions because I could not see any way to add the domain to my cart via the front end GoDaddy search.

I always log in first at auctions.godaddy and then return to checkout my selections to the cart, else often my checkouts would fail.

Maybe for you it's another issue. It's always one issue or another tbh.

I now see you're talking about front end searches.

Last edited:
•••
Have you made any sales with Afternic since or you removed/moved the landers/listings elsewhere?

The lack of response is troubling. If one month is not enough for you to verify whatever you are verifying, just return the man's domains then.
it sounds like Afternic is in the process of reversing the sales and returning the domains.
i "celebrate" with Afternic/Godaddy a month of "marriage" since first sale happen on 12 March & not be paid ( Noteped in com ) , on 14 April will be 6 ( with term "grok" ) sales not be paid after ONE month & so on , in total 12 , and this are all .com with service Fast Transfer + Vix .cc even this was set to be paid on 26 March but past almost 3 weeks and not payout

Ta da 🤷
Hopefully, you get this sorted out soon. Pehaps, when returned, you would be able to sell the domains quickly through a different venue?

•••
it sounds like Afternic is in the process of reversing the sales and returning the domains.

Hopefully, you get this sorted out soon. Pehaps, when returned, you would be able to sell the domains quickly through a different venue?
My dear @LoveCatchyDomains my case is not the same happen to those less than 5 like happen to HobbyDomainer2023 ( nikname on Twitter )
On him the sales are/was cancel
On my case all 13 sales have status "Transfer complete" and a date for scheduled to be set ( say very clear on 12 sales ) , this mean that all 12 sales are verify and pass verification , mean are LEGIT , mean money has paid by buyers , money was secured by Afternic and all 12 domains are under ownership of buyers ( follow the topic , i posted screenshots for all 13 sales ) & the domain is Vix.cc have already a date to be paid on 26 March 2024 & not even today 12 April 2024 ( my time zone ) not get the money + Vix.cc have start ( the owner/buyer ) start to develop a website in field of ai , crypto , nft...something like this

I hope was clear for you & others to present exact the situation

Kind regards,

Last edited:
•••
My dear @LoveCatchyDomains my case is not the same happen to those less than 5 like happen to HobbyDomainer2023 ( nikname on Twitter )
On him the sales are/was cancel
On my case all 13 sales have status "Transfer complete" and a date for scheduled to be set ( say very clear on 12 sales ) , this mean that all 12 sales are verify and pass verification , mean are LEGIT , mean money has paid by buyers , money was secured by Afternic and all 12 domains are under ownership of buyers ( follow the topic , i posted screenshots for all 13 sales ) & the domain is Vix.cc have already a date to be paid on 26 March 2024 & not even today 12 April 2024 ( my time zone ) not get the money + Vix.cc have start ( the owner/buyer ) start to develop a website in field of ai , crypto , nft...something like this

I hope was clear for you & others to present exact the situation
Sorry that I was confused by GoDaddy's response on the thread here. Thanks for clarifying this. Hopefully it gets sorted out very soon.

The domain is listed for sale, but I can't see any option to actually add to the cart.

Perhaps there is some underlying issue here with database corruption? My request for removal of several new, unexpected GoDaddy auction listings yielded a puzzling response from customer service. The problem was allegedly from a "syncing error."
They acknowledged that "the listing appeared to be live but would not have been purchasable." They resynced the listings which then removed the supposedly outdated listings.

Mind you, I had not used GoDaddy auctions for years, and am puzzled why an extremely old, expired listing would supposedly be revived. And the domains were only listed at a $20 minimum, which was not a pricing that I would have likely used.
I moved a name that was for sale for $2499 to my friend's account for his development project (no charge) and removed it from for sale from Afternic. Yesterday, after having a good progress with the project and owning the name for few months, he calls me and asks why the name is for sale at GD for $2499. I rechecked and it is not in my Afternic or GD. So apparently, someone is prying on the removed names and re-adds them for various front-running opportunities.
So, the mystery continues as to why seemingly long-expired GoDaddy auction listings are reappearing. Phantom domains or domain front-running? Interesting question.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry that I was confused by GoDaddy's response on the thread here. Thanks for clarifying this. Hopefully it gets sorted out very soon.

Perhaps there is some underlying issue here with database corruption? My request for removal of several new, unexpected GoDaddy auction listings yielded a puzzling response from customer service. The problem was allegedly from a "syncing error."
They acknowledged that "the listing appeared to be live but would not have been purchasable." They resynced the listings which then removed the supposedly outdated listings.

Mind you, I had not used GoDaddy auctions for years, and am puzzled why an extremely old, expired listing would supposedly be revived. And the domains were only listed at a $20 minimum, which was not a pricing that I would have likely used.

So, the mystery continues as to why seemingly long-expired GoDaddy auction listings are reappearing. Phantom domains or domain front-running? Interesting question.

You'd think that GD could clamp down on this easily by the combination of a) requiring verification via ns (or being added from a partner registrar interface directly) and b) banning accounts that regularly engage in this activity. But apparently, there is no desire to deal with it.

•••
You'd think that GD could clamp down on this easily by the combination of a) requiring verification via ns (or being added from a partner registrar interface directly) and b) banning accounts that regularly engage in this activity. But apparently, there is no desire to deal with it.
Absolutely.

In this particular instance with GoDaddy auctions, the issue of an outdated, inaccurate database is raised.

Maintaining secure, reliable, up-to-date databases is fundamental to the reputation of a tech company. To me, seeing these ongoing, recurrent issues with their marketplaces help finalize my decision to move all of my domains elsewhere. I had even considered using GoDaddy for webhosting. Seeing all of these issues going on with the GoDaddy-branded marketplaces further convinced me to explore other venues.

Hopefully GoDaddy will eventually realize the lasting impression that these untoward listing issues has on their potential, current, and former customers.

•••
in short words @GoDaddy DON'T come up with this excuse / fact because NOT apply on my case & Afternic MUST send those $2422 for my sale

P.S. NOW what , you will tell that , Polymath.eu was a fraudulent sale ? Was done via Sedo in same period , or the rest of 3...& if i set the price/s on my names listed on Afternic at this price/s 250 $ i will guarantee at least one will be sold , very fast , because i know what domains i have , but i will not until send me those $2422 for 13 sales

In case of Hobby Domainer the transaction/s was cancel in my case ..

"has been transferred successfully. We will now schedule your disbursement and notify you once your funds have been disbursed within the next 1-3 business days" ALL 12 have same status + Vix.cc with already a payout date establish 26 March but not paid
Hi @Armageddon
Afternic's TA team will be working with you directly to transfer the affected domain names back to you. We recommend that you interact directly with that team.

Show attachment 255448

The same domain is listed on GoDaddy auctions with a "Buy Now" option -

Show attachment 255449

As well as via the Afternic advanced search tool with a "Buy Now" option -

Show attachment 255450

I checked out directly via GoDaddy auctions because I could not see any way to add the domain to my cart via the front end GoDaddy search. @GoDaddy @James Iles

Brad
Hi @bmugford
Thanks for reporting this. We're unable to replicate the issue testing multiple locations and domain names. It's likely to be user/session-based, but we will certainly monitor it.

Here is another issue:

It is crazy that GD/Afternic allow this. And even crazier: when I add my names straight from GD to Afternic, many names say they require extra verification by adding the unique NS. You'd think that adding from my own GD directly should be the ULTIMATE verification, but somehow some other sellers listings take precedence (((
Hi @Recons.Com
We'd like to check the domain you mentioned, so we have DM'd you for further information.

•••
Hi @bmugford
Thanks for reporting this. We're unable to replicate the issue testing multiple locations and domain names. It's likely to be user/session-based, but we will certainly monitor it.
I'm experiencing the same as @bmugford

For the same domain, a "Get it" button is shown on mobile, but on PC only a telephone number is shown.

On mobile, it's possible to add the domain to cart, on PC you will have to call GoDaddy.

Will send you some screenshots in DM.

•••
I'm experiencing the same as @bmugford

For the same domain, a "Get it" button is shown on mobile, but on PC only a telephone number is shown.

On mobile, it's possible to add the domain to cart, on PC you will have to call GoDaddy.

Will send you some screenshots in DM.
@GoDaddy was able to replicate and fix this. Thank you.

•••
As an update, GoDaddy auction support now clarified that the unexpected, unauthorized $20 minimum bid listings were triggered by my removal of the domains from Afternic.

I'm glad to know that this apparently was not a domain front-runner issue. However, it does emphasize the prudence for vigilance of GoDaddy auctions after removing domains from Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
hi all, I have an issue with afternic and have been unable to receive a payment for several domain sales from last year due to a technical error on their site and I keep getting the standard run around from their support. They ask the same questions, telling me to change the payment method, which I've done months ago, and then stop responding. It's been like that for months now, and even my godaddy VIP support can't seem to help.
Any advice how to resolve this? I've since paused all the current afternic sales since I can't be sure I'll be paid due the lack of any support or accountability there, and also considering moving the domains away,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back