IT.COM

Afternic Support

NameSilo
Watch
Hello,

Hello to all from a new member.

I have quite a few domains and I am now looking to sell them on after initially looking to develop them all. Anyway, I digress - the question I have is regarding Afternic and their support. Has anyone had any difficulties with them?

The reason I ask is that I have started to place some of my domains for sale on there and have had to send a couple of support queries in but they have gone unanswered. Also, when posting the support message there is no acknowledgment that it has been received (I have followed all the correct steps to post - I am sure of that).

The queries I have with them is that 2 of the domains I tried to place with them are showing as already listed!!! When I check the links, they are up for sale by somebody else, even though I own them.

Weird.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Others have had to ask Afternic to remove listings that survive from previous owners of a domain.

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.

•••
This is common; for every 5 or 6 domains I catch on the drop, it seems 1 or 2 still have previous listings on Afternic. I just send them a support ticket asking them to please remove the old listings for those domains, saying they can check the Whois and see the domains are new regs/drops and I am the new owner. I never receive a reply from Afternic, but so far they have always removed the old listings within a couple days of my request.

•••
I find that support sucks. Sending them a message through their system, I have to wait 5-7 days for a response. Then I reply, and have to wait another 5-7 days for a response. With my last interaction with them, I still have not received a response. It's been 3 weeks or more. I guess it was because my question was a tough question, they probably deleted it.

When I submit a domain, maybe 5-10% of them go into "Pending Review" status. They will stay in that status until I contact them. (Yes, even for many months, it will stay in that status.)

They did help me out with a purchase that became problematic.

But, I still sell more domains through them than anyone.

•••
I find that support sucks. Sending them a message through their system, I have to wait 5-7 days for a response. Then I reply, and have to wait another 5-7 days for a response. With my last interaction with them, I still have not received a response. It's been 3 weeks or more. I guess it was because my question was a tough question, they probably deleted it.

When I submit a domain, maybe 5-10% of them go into "Pending Review" status. They will stay in that status until I contact them. (Yes, even for many months, it will stay in that status.)

They did help me out with a purchase that became problematic.

But, I still sell more domains through them than anyone.

Imagine how many more you may have sold if their Support was up to speed?

•••
I really don't understand this acquisition by GoDaddy. They already had a huge aftermarket marketplace that could use some major improvement. Now they have two huge aftermarket marketplaces that could some major improvements.

Strange thing about the "Pending Review" domains-- I also had about 15% of my domains in this status, even on domains I owned at GoDaddy. Last month I removed 100% of my domains from Afternic. A month later I still continue to get the "Action required: Authorize your domain listings" emails trickling in from GoDaddy for domains I tried adding months ago, but have since removed. There seems to be some real tech problems over there.

Last edited:
•••
The (manual) transfer process went from not that great to simply horrible IMO. I've got problems with one transaction, and no matter how you try to reach the support, no such luck. What a joke.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back