Dynadot

AfternicDLS Discussion Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Lots of new things going on at Afternic these days .... a major site release .... new DLS distribution Partners being added every week .... a new Referral Program that pays domainers (one seller earned $1,700 last week alone!) .... daily updates on Twitter .....

Lets hear your thoughts -

What do you like? Where can we improve?

Your voice matters to us.

All the best and good selling,

Pete Lamson

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Our goals are perfectly aligned then.

We recently posted a "Did you know" series of sales tips on the AfternicDLS Blog designed to help sellers sell more effectively.

Visit www.afternicblog.com to see this.

Also - if your names are listed through Expanded or Premium Promotion, you may want to consult with your assigned sales executive to strategize on how to best sell your names (if you do not know their name, PM me and I will send it to you).

Hope this helps.

Pete

Hi, twittermate Pete!

This privilege is only after we've paid a certain amount, right? Or we've transferred our domains to your registrar?

I like the fact that Afternic values its business as well as its costumers based on the recent developments. I am talking about the user-friendly interface and the "new" outfit, which makes it look a lot more professional.

I just noticed that whenever I try to "Edit" my domains I have to wait a few seconds or even minutes to advance to the next domain because the pages don't load that quickly. I hope this is an isolated case or just temporary.

Last edited:
•••
Another thought occurred to me - if there were a way to know the top 100+ keyword phrases which buyers are searching for, that might also help domainers align their inventory with the types of domains which businesses and domain investors want to buy. This concept could be extended further to show the percentage of searches for particular extensions, price ranges, domain length, etc. (i.e. 70% of searches for .COM, 60% of searches under $1500, 30% of searches under $500, 40% of searches under 18 characters, 10% of searches for sports domains).

•••
Jessica -

Thanks for your post.

OK - a few comments on our different sales promotion levels, as different levels offer different features and benefits. The right promotional level for a domain owner ultimately depends upon their domain sales objectives.

First, Afternic Sellers pay an annual memebership fee of $20, regardless of which promotional level they choose.

Afternic's promotion level choices are designed to provide seller's wiith a choice on the level of end user targeted exposure their names receive. For a fairly priced domain, the higher the promotional level, the greater the probability of successful sale.

"Basic" promotion includes listing your names for sale on Afternic.com. There is a 10% revenue share fee for when names are successfully sold, calculated from the gross sales price.

"Expanded" Promotion is a more broad promotion level than Basic and includes promotion via the following sales platforms:

Afternic
BuyDomains
Dedicated BuyDomains Sales Executive representing the Seller's portfolio of names
BuyDomains Referral Program
Global DLS Distribution Network (GoDaddy, DirectNIC, Moniker, and many more).

The Revenue Share for Expanded Promotion is 20%, which allows us to fairly reward our distribution channels who make successful sales on behalf of our memebers (they are only compensated when a sale is made).

"Premium" promotion is our latest addition to AfternicDLS.

Premium Promotion includes all the benefits of Expanded promotion, as well as integration into the primary search results of participating registrars (NSI for example).

The Revenue Share for Premium Promotion is 20%, and domains must be registered with a Premium Promotion supporting Registrar.

Thanks also for your comments on the page load speed - we have heard sporadic comments on this issue. I will address this with our team today.

I hope this helps answer your questions -

Pete

•••
The Revenue Share for Premium Promotion is 20%, and domains must be registered with a Premium Promotion supporting Registrar.

Which is NetworkSolutions only ATM .. right?

•••
Yes - our relaunch went live with NSI.

NSI is a premiere registrar, and a terrific aggregator of global SMB's - the precise audience we target for maximum "end user' sales focus.

End User sales will generally lead to higher sales prices than selling within the domain community.

We are very pleased to launch with NSI as our flagship partner.

Pete

•••
NameMedia Announces Major Upgrade, Expanded Functionality for Popular Aftermarket

get all the information on the new Afternic here:

http://no_url_shorteners/kwew6m

Last edited:
•••
Don't forget to Take A Tour of Afternic's Brand New Site this Thursday

Contact Jen Tanzi at [email protected] for all the details and to sign up and participate in the webinar!!

•••
AfternicDLS with $880K in prior week domain sales, 8/24 - 8/30.

Details at the AfternicDLS Domainer's Advantage. Afternic AfternicDLS with Over $880K in Domain Sales August 24 – August 30 at Afternic Info Center

•••
Afternic Sold Listings (Sales History)

How can I search for the "Sold Listings" for All Categories?

This feature was available in the old system by using "http://www.afternic.com/names.php?c=0&sold=1" but it's not available now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back