IT.COM

Alter.com redirects to nextnavigation.com

NameSilo
Watch
There is a whois update on the 13th of August and the emails on the whois show @nextnavigation.com.

Anyone knows what happened?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's a post about Next Navigation:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-names-owned-by-next-navigation-pty-ltd.1221343/

Or you can just look up their inventory at Whoxy. A holder of quite a bit of very powerful names.

Edit: and if the message on this site can be trusted, Paul Shaw of Next Navigation is none other than a blogs/twitter commenter using the alias Snoopy.

3MQrW5G.png

Last edited:
•••
Oh, interesting... I've used alter as a trademark search tool, found it quite useful and informative, is there any alternative?

•••
Oh, interesting... I've used alter as a trademark search tool, found it quite useful and informative, is there any alternative?

I just use WIPO and USPTO (TESS) directly.

•••
I hate bumping my own threads but it'd be great if anyone has any info to share as to whether we should expect the website to come back.

Thanks

•••
Last edited:
•••
Next navigation is a horrible name imo.
The name has five syllables.
Rebrand to any one of your priceless domains.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for that. I knew about a potential sale that was to happen a year ago. I thought the sale didn't get through and that's why we kept seeing the website active until a few days ago.

Just wanted to know if anyone knew for sure what has happened.

•••
Thanks for that. I knew about a potential sale that was to happen a year ago. I thought the sale didn't get through and that's why we kept seeing the website active until a few days ago.

Just wanted to know if anyone knew for sure what has happened.
Then you know as much as me.
Sale was terminated; buyers not serious or something.

Either way, valid question, which is why i tagged Deven.

Last edited:
•••
Ah! Alter was good. Had a decent sale there. It was a simple site to use. Not much crap & complex stuff. Simple & straight to the point platform.

Maybe @Deven Patel can share some light on this.

btw Deven - you certainly had created a wonderful product. Really disappointed that Alter had to be closed down

•••
I too miss Alter.

It was clean and responsive...too bad new owner has not kept it on its path.

•••
Hope we soon find out more. I liked Alter a lot and was sorry to see it go. Also really liked branding information and trademark search at the site, using it as recently as just over a day ago.

•••
Trademarkia has a free text search of the top 4 global trademark databases.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back