IT.COM

advice Always check your names before bidding/buying

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been doing this for many years and still made a mistake the other day and won an auction without noticing it was mis-spelled. For a second, I thought I was getting a great deal - nobody else bid! As soon as I won it, I noticed my error - but too late.

It would have been a cheap reminder to pay attention, but I got lucky. The current registrant must have seen that it received a bid and they renewed or transferred it out. Saved me a few wasted dollars and they compounded their poor investment.

Always double and triple check everything before you make that bid. :xf.wink:

Happy Friday my domaining peeps!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Done this twice - once on Godaddy Auctions and once on here.....

Paid for them through clenched teeth - but you have to honour your deals/agreements, even if you screw up.....

Live and learn!

Last edited:
•••
Happened to me years ago. I was so mad I went into my account and had the name deleted, only other time I did that was when I hand registered a name that I discovered was a TM

•••
Last edited:
•••
This happened to me, I double checked the word and spelling is correct , but extremely low bids for a dictionary word
but it is .cam instead of .com

•••
I did this once when I was younger, probably 10 years ago... I thought swop was the correct spelling for swap... The seller was gracious enough to stop the sale of a domain I offered on.

I understood the importance of spelling from this day forward.

Before that, like with most things, I didn't give a monkeys 😂.

I vowed to never smell anything wrong ever again, it's just not worth the embarrassment.

•••
•••
Happened to all of us at some point of time. Here is an embarrassing one -

In my starting days, I found a domain on expireddomains.net & registered it by clicking without typing myself. I thought the domain is inpic.com while it was Lnpic.com

Registered it, submitted to squadhelp & got approved, changed the nameservers to SH, then after a day or two found a warning email from SH that NS are not pointing. Only then I realized my mistake. 😂

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back