Dynadot

Anyone deal with DomainAgents? Scam? Or what?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Got an email from Domain Agents today for my domain WhoaList (in king)

how does this work? seems like someone is interested in it and DomainAgents is contacting me.

are they a scam? to get me to register for their service with the "hope" that I might have a sale?

I've never seen this before. I get this feeling there is no buyer. and hey just want me to sign up for whatever service they have.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here's a screenshot from today of that negotiation (inside my domainagents dashboard):

domainagentspart.png

As you can see the last negotiation was on Dec 16th. The negotiations expired on Dec 24th. We are now January 18th and I still did not receive a credit. Nor a reply to the 2 emails i sent them (first email I sent directly from the contact page on the site, second email I sent 5 days ago, on the 13th of January, to [email protected]) .

I also checked on their site and my domain is definitely not listed inside their marketplace so there's no free buyer credit for all I know (and even if there was there should have been some transparency of some sort that tells the seller they won't qualify for a credit, prior to engaging in negotiations).

•••
Hi Bram, I've looked into this and will send you a message. This was a free offer via one of our partners (something we are testing as mentioned earlier in this thread). I agree the messaging could be better. I'll send you a message privately.

•••
oh Whoa! That's right! didn't even think of that! umm how? who do I contact on here? Thanks Lucid.

I think you have the option of editing the title.

•••
nice! Apologies Domain Agents! as I have been informed by NP that the word Scam can't be deleted from this.

Anyone reading this. I am convinced and happy to say DomainAgents is Legit and not a scam. Thanks.

You can edit the text of your op to say -

"EDIT - Now understand DomainAgents are fully legit"

That might show good intention on your part.

Regards

Playfull

•••
Received an offer via email thru Domainagents today. Never used them before and was skeptical so I googled “domainagents scam” and this thread came up, and it helped a lot. I think leaving the word ‘scam’ in the subject line may be helpful for people who have never heard of them before.

•••
Don't worry about using Domain Agents. I've used them without any problems, and I like their negotiating system. I had a buyer who was pretty experienced, and started with a $200 offer. I managed to negotiate that up into $x,xxx. It was a slow process as he kept leaving his replies to the last minute, and I kept thinking I was asking too much for him. :)

•••
they are horrible, horrible service, i would not recommend at all, they are disrepectful and horondeus

•••
very bad brokers, they ve just told the buyer that i am massively complaining because I want the sale to go faster and that they took over 1 week to send me the details? I would not recommend them at all ! very bad attitude . now they don't answer anymore , so i guess I ll tell escrow that i will cancel the sale ! never seen this. I come here to buy domain names and the process it takes 5 to 30 min, and on their platform nothing has been finished !

•••
They refunded my fee when they were unsuccessful in acquiring the domain.

Last edited:
•••

how does this work? seems like someone is interested in it and DomainAgents is contacting me.

are they a scam? to get me to register for their service with the "hope" that I might have a sale?

I've never seen this before. I get this feeling there is no buyer. and hey just want me to sign up for whatever service they have.

Last edited:
•••

Hi, I'm curious to know how that inquiry went.
Did you end up selling through them?

I too received an email from them.

Thanks!

•••
Hi, I'm curious to know how that inquiry went.
Did you end up selling through them?

I too received an email from them.

Thanks!

nope. could not agree on price with the buyer. oh well.

but wow! this thread now has 40,000+ views? nice!

•••
Well recently, I gotten an offer from these guys. Supposedly someone wants to buy my domain. I thought the would-be buyer was just a lowballer, so I ignored it. But here's what happened. A guy from there kept emailing me and trying to get me to sign up with them, promising me $10 if I did just that.

So ok, I relented and signed up. And then I see the offer is not exactly a very low ball offer, but something $x,xxx. Well, I am more intrigued.

So I asked back the dude from DomainAgents a few questions. What a freaking disappointment!

He never replied me. And then I asked the general email "support" the same questions, and till now NO REPLY. It has been days already. :xf.rolleyes:

And NO $10 still....

I am very inclined to think they are a SCAM.....there is no reason they can't reply my simple question. Screw them.

Sorry to hear that you haven't gotten a reply. Please DM me with the name in question and I will look into it.

•••
DomainAgents.com is clearly a scam as they are asking for a fee to make purchase offers on domains that are not listed for sale with their company or anywhere else. I came across this scam when they published a domain sale page for one of my domains and that page appeared in Google search results. Publishing a sales page implies they have been engaged to sell the domain and that is not true.

That is a real problem if those "offers" turn up in search results, and can hurt an existing business if people jump to the conclusion that the business is offering its domain for sale and so is likely to go out of business - a very annoyed domain owner came here some time ago to complain about similar practices by Enaming.com - see https://www.namepros.com/threads/anyone-listed-or-contacted-by-enaming-com.877829/

•••
ok but what the deal with them linking me to some kind of webform on their site to register? why not just do the typical sales email telling me someone is interested and if my domain is for sale and what their offer is?

why do I have to go to their site to register.

seems kind "phishy" to me.

I mean I've heard of them before. seen the site. looks legit.

but this whole asking me to register give me info. it smacks of just trying to get me on their mailing list or whatever so they can sell me the domains they are brokering. kinda thing. you know?

anyways they said they knew I was on that page and that I didn't fill it out so they emailed me and said we can discuss via email instead.

lol

what's the point?!?!

•••
always dealt via email. Never signed up

yea ditto. just sent them a reply email. waste of time. or brilliant way to get a mailing list they can spam later.

•••
•••
I get this feeling there is no buyer. and hey just want me to sign up for whatever service they have.

There is definitely a buyer, and they are serious, because they have to pay a minimum of $200 to make an offer.

•••
ok but what the deal with them linking me to some kind of webform on their site to register?

You have to register in order to negotiate with the buyer.

•••
If it makes you feel any better I think Adam Strong, the owner of NameBio, is an investor at DA.

sounds good. I've connected with that guy. Forget his name though. he seems help and reasonable and trustworthy.

•••
I would not worry.

You could lose a potentially good deal.

They are legit.

I would create an account and do your negotiations.

Good luck!!

thanks. I guess part of me is skeptical not because of the company but because it was a $1.99 reg on my part plus it's "WhoaList..com"? lol

I have a huge list of way better keyword domains. and THIS ONE gets a bite?

doesn't make no kinda sense that's why it smelled "phishy". lol

•••
I agree, the search function here does not always return the best or most relevant results.

Sometimes I just do a NP site search using Google and it tends to get better results.

ahhh! thanks!

•••
I've sold several domains through them, they were all unsolicited offers that the buyer paid to make. The buyer pays around $20 to make the offer. I've only had one offer not convert to a sale. Right now I have one $500 and one $5000 sale being processed through them and Escrow.com. They also pay you $10 just to participate in the negotiations. I believe Richard Lau is one of the co-founders of domainagents as well.

wait wait. buyer has to pay up front $20 to have domain agents reach out to me? and I have to pay $10 to participate?

and the jig is up! lol

although that's interesting.

whoever it is must like it enough to pay $20 win or lose.

that's says something. or not?

do I have to pay just to respond? that can get expensive if I get 1000 "offers".

•••
Yes. Register. Its safe. Its a good and honest platform

•••
I have said this many times before at NP---

I cant believe the names people buy sometimes.

I see terrible names sell all the time.

Names I would never invest in.

I guess there is no accounting for taste.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Why people buy certain names is a mystery to me, but they do.

You may have hand regged the domain for just a few bucks, but the buyer doesn't know that.

They only know they want the name, even if you can't understand their interest in it.

Do not under price this domain just because you think it is a shi**y name.

The buyer put up $200.00 to negotiate with you.

They must be serious, and this is the reason DA set a minimum asking price, to weed out tire kickers.

Go for it!!!!

they must have some idea or at least Domain agents does. since i don't do privacy.

it's at domain.com and first year reg. so...they can figure it out.

wait what? $20? or $200?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back