IT.COM

Anyone deal with DomainAgents? Scam? Or what?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Got an email from Domain Agents today for my domain WhoaList (in king)

how does this work? seems like someone is interested in it and DomainAgents is contacting me.

are they a scam? to get me to register for their service with the "hope" that I might have a sale?

I've never seen this before. I get this feeling there is no buyer. and hey just want me to sign up for whatever service they have.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They actually give you ten bucks to open the negotiation.

You have the option of getting paid the ten bucks, or donating it to a charity, and they give you some options, or you can have a DA credit put in your account.

ummm what? why haven't I heard of these guys before? or at least ALOT on NP? sounds like a win win to me!

so what's the "cons"? has to be some "cons" nothing is perfect in this world in my opinion.

•••
No real cons I can think of. Its a really good system.

hmmmm definitely a great way to weed out "tire kickers".

people who pay are almost always interested because that $20 has them "vested" in their action.

great concept.

but the bottomline is. does this system net good profit? or is it the same as with any other system? people are cheap all around?

•••
but the bottomline is. does this system net good profit? or is it the same as with any other system? people are cheap all around?

The buyer pays to make an offer and also pays the escrow fees, so it costs you nothing to go for it.

•••
I didn't bother with the $10 payment to me, as there didn't seem to be a viable way to collect it.

Perhaps it would be worth offering a range of payment methods - Bitcoin, GoDaddy credit, Payoneer or something like that. Many of us won't go near PayPal as we don't trust them.

•••
I took a quick look at the offer on your domain. This was actually a 'free' offer that didn't require the buyer to buy a credit. We're testing this with one of our registrar partners to make sure it converts (ie buyer follows through etc). If you have your domain listed for sale on our or another marketplace and the buyer comes from the registrar we're testing with, the buyer has the option to make an offer without buying a credit. They are still responsible for paying the commission and escrow fees should you reach a deal with them.

So there isn't a payout on this offer, but yes, on 90% of the offers we send out we offer the domain seller $10 as long as they at least make a counter offer.

Whoa! (LOL) Did not expect a visit from DomainAgents! Welcome! It's ok I didn't really have my "hopes" up for the $10 but it's good to know there's a "chance" for it.

Thanks! Did you get my counter offer? Please PM thanks.

•••
@Avtar629

If they are a legit company which it seems they are perhaps you might want to consider asking a mod to remove the word "scam" from the title. It would be decent of you since all threads are indexed by Google.

Just my opinion.

oh Whoa! That's right! didn't even think of that! umm how? who do I contact on here? Thanks Lucid.

•••
Try "report" your own first post and leave a message. Not sure if they will definitely edit it, but there's no harm in asking.

I am sure they will they are pretty good about taking care of things like that.

•••
True True. not my intention. but the word Scam is an eyecatcher. just wanted more replies. if any. not here to bash any company that's legit as this one seems to be based on the posts here.

but you know there ARE alot of shady companies from not so reputable areas of the world where you can't know who you are dealing with and from where.

the internet after all is global.

I do remember reading posts here that start like...

"did anyone gets spam spam from....."
or
"have you been offer a domain service?"

It might be courteous in future if you first ask "has anyone had any experience with XXXXX?"... you will earn more respect that way... which I'm sure you do care about to at least some degree?

Adding "scam?" as an "eyecatcher" to a company name is potentially slander.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
On a side note it amazes me that some potential buyers are willing to pay $20 just to make an offer on a domain but don't want to bid higher than $250-300 for the domain name itself. (but that's a story for another day in another thread) ;)

Theory. I think DA is the cheapest way for big corps to contact domain owners secretly so domainers can't find out who they are and snag the domains they really want for a shekel or two.:xf.grin:. because if domain owners snag get wind they are being contacted by big companies the price gets jacked up:xf.wink:

Especially if your whois is public and you can be reached via contact email?

corps like CSC charge a hell of a lot more. Don't know about sedo or godaddy .I looked into it as a fake company interested in their services. Big money for sure.$xxx depending.

This why I have come to a conclusion go HIGh with any DA tire kickers.

What do you have to lose?

Can always go low in 14 days.

Stand your ground!

DA won't mind they get a commission regardless.

•••
I think you have the option of editing the title.

Sorry beautiful. Eric told me I can't since the 5 minute window to make changes is long gone.

But I like your ideas. Feel free to PM me anytime. My door is always open for pretty ladies.:xf.wink::xf.grin:(Creepster face lol but I'm real sweet:xf.love:)

Good luck on your domaining. Thanks for the input.

•••
Sorry beautiful. Eric told me I can't since the 5 minute window to make changes is long gone.

But I like your ideas. Feel free to PM me anytime. My door is always open for pretty ladies.:xf.wink::xf.grin:(Creepster face lol but I'm real sweet:xf.love:)

Good luck on your domaining. Thanks for the input.

lol Thanks... Do you want to buy any of my domain names? :xf.laugh:

•••
Hi Bram, I've looked into this and will send you a message. This was a free offer via one of our partners (something we are testing as mentioned earlier in this thread). I agree the messaging could be better. I'll send you a message privately.
Many thanks for your private message and handling of the issue.

•••
You can edit the text of your op to say -

"EDIT - Now understand DomainAgents are fully legit"

That might show good intention on your part.

Regards

Playfull

Nope I've tried already didn't I say already?
DA has okayed me already and NP said I can't unless I report my thread to change it.

I don't ask anymore.

•••
I'm heading over to domainagents.com & register myself .

•••
I've sold several domains through them but what's with the $199 and $200 initial offers? Does DomainAgents have a minimum offer of $200 or something?

•••
I believe $200 minimum yes.

Simply for negotiating you will get $10. whether closes or not. I think you’ll need to open an account to get the $10. though.

I have received many offers and closed domain sales through DomainAgents. I’ve worked a $200 initial offer up to thousands before closing.

I've had several offers lately where I countered and never received a credit. Are you sure they are still doing that? They need to bump the minimum offer to at least $500. Why someone pays $20 to make a $200 offer is beyond me.

•••
Do you have a DA account?

Another good thing about DA is that the price shown is the net you will receive.

•••
Do you have a DA account?

Another good thing about DA is that the price shown is the net you will receive.

Yes, I have one, as I said, I've sold several domains through them in the past

•••
You have to mark how you’d like to be paid the $10 after the negotiation. Let’s see - last time I got the $10 was early October 2017, this was on a closed sale. So I got both the sale price via their escrow and the $10. via PayPal.

•••
Theory. I think DA is the cheapest way for big corps to contact domain owners secretly so domainers can't find out who they are and snag the domains they really want for a shekel or two.:xf.grin:. because if domain owners snag get wind they are being contacted by big companies the price gets jacked up:xf.wink:

But when you close a DomainAgents.com sale through Escrow.com presumably you then learn who is paying you at Escrow.com?

•••
If you have your domain listed for sale on our or another marketplace and the buyer comes from the registrar we're testing with, the buyer has the option to make an offer without buying a credit.

Which marketplaces and registrars do you have this set up with?

Is Godaddy's Domain Buy Service (now seems to be called Domain Broker Service) https://uk.godaddy.com/domains/domain-broker a partner or entirely independent of NameAgents?

•••
The test of free offers is over and you'll get the payout on any offer we send you.

We have no affiliation with GoDaddy. They run their own buyer broker service.

•••
They are really Scam I sold my domain by them but I did not receive any money and they cheated me with their buyer.

I think such blanket accusations will need more details. I take no sides. just the facts please.

Edit. wow! over 21,000+ views? nice! lol I guess as annoying as I am (I admit) people still view my posts. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
•••
Just received an inquiry today from DomainAgents.

After reading the thread I think I will go ahead and start the process and see what happens.

Hi,
Did you selling through them?

I received an email from them today.

Thanks!

•••
They are shady and I would avoid them at all costs.

I was contacted unsolicited by Elsa with
Domain Agents. She refused to phone call me or send a message via linked in to prove her identify. Red flag 1.

We did agree on a price of $2000, and she said the buyer would pay any fees and it would be escrowed. Not true.

red flag 2: I started the escrow.com and the DA transaction email was different than the escrow.com email address.

Red flag 3: she wanted me to send the auth xfer code outside of the escrow.com system

Red flag 4: IT WAS NOT AN ESCROW. The escrow.com was used into for transferring funds --- and provides no security to domain Hijacking. She admitted to this.

I told them it needed to be REAL escrow and the buyer refused ($99 more at escrow.com- a fee they would not accept). She insisted I must foot this cost after the agreed upon price.

It then took over a week for Elsa to respond.

Red flag 5: Elsa had the audacity to 'ban' me from their platform because I would not bear all the risk and/or cost of a real escrow transaction. What ??

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DA. Their work is not by the book and there is a good chance a shady unsolicited buyer will hijack our auth code to a 3rd domain account and you will lose your domain.

They work under the guise of an escrow that is NOT an escrow.

There are always 2 sides of a story, so PM me if you would like me to send the entire email thread. It is ridiculous.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back