IT.COM

Anyone familiar with Flippa here?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

justaflier

Established Member
Impact
I sold a domain in Flippa, and requested the funds to be paid via their Flippa Escrow service. But i accidentally wrote my SWIFT code wrong in the bank account information. I contact their support almost instantly like 8-9h ago, and nobody still has answered me. They don't even have a phone support. I'm wondering how is their response time usually? Do they care for their support? I sold the domain for like $500, and now i know the funds won't be transferred to me because of wrong SWIFT. And i paid some "Success Fee" already in their site.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have about $16K in sales on Flippa under the same username I use here on NamePros. I absolutely love the large pool of buyers that Flippa give me access to but absolutely cannot stand their customer support. A few years ago you used to message them and they'd respond almost instantly, now, it takes me 72 hours+ to receive a response. Just this morning I had them deposit $616 of my money from Flippa Escrow that was supposed to be withdrawed by me into a client's account that I brokered for in the past. I still don't have that money. I sent Flippa a message well in advance through their ticketing system and they NEVER responded. It gives me great hesitation towards using Flippa again in the future. Also, they have very high fees now. It used to be a flat 10% success fee, now it's either 14% or 12% if you use Flippa Escrow. Very mixed results with Flippa, they are a very greedy company.

•••
Thank you for your reply and experience with them.
The buyer of my domain still hasn't transferred the funds to the Escrow, so i was wondering if i were to contact the buyer direct with e-mail and ask him to do the deal with PayPal, would i break the Flippa "eula"? Even though i paid the Success Fee to them (for nothing in that case).

•••
•••
Requesting payment outside of the Flippa platform is technically against their ToS (because they want their 12 to 14% cut). For larger transactions it's typically better to use some sort of escrow so that they can't attempt to charge back the sale once they get the domain.

•••
I understand. I don't know whether me paying the Success Fee already was the right move to do before the buyer has transferred the funds to Escrow. I hope they won't double tax it on me, but deduct the Success Fee once the buyer has paid.

Last edited:
•••
Gotta love a success fee. Just has a ring to it!

•••
Gotta love a success fee. Just has a ring to it!
I wouldn't mid the success fee so much if they actually used it to hire more support representatives. I feel like it's just a "Greed fee" instead of using it to try and further improve their platform.

•••
I'm just about to ask for the release of funds, and they want to DOUBLE take the Success Fee. Do they deduct it later on finalized transfer???? I paid the Success Fee before the sale was successful, under Invoices there was Success Fee. Now that i want to free the funds in Escrow, it is AGAIN wanting to take the same Success Fee sum. I don't understand.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    58.9 KB · Views: 9
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back