IT.COM

Anyone from Escrow.com still around here?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

creataweb

Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School PhotoTop Member
Impact
I need assistance with a transaction that's been going on for about a month.

Support has been zero help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What has support been telling you?

•••
I sold a domain thru Escrow and they kept asking for docs etc. I finally had my registrar send me the only proof they had that the domain was transferred. Buyer says he doesn't have the domain and I don't either.

Today support tells him to use the concierge service and have me transfer the name to Escrow team... but I don't have the domain lol. Not since last month.

Half of their responses seem like they are not reading the support emails between me and the buyer.

I'm not getting any resolution. Hoping someone here can help.

•••
>I finally had my registrar send me the only proof they had that the domain was transferred

Is it proof?

•••
If you are from Escrow team please PM me, thank you.

•••
If you are from Escrow team please PM me, thank you.
This will not help you now but here is what I would do in future.

This does sounds weird. I have never had problem with them. They got the chat line you can always get online with them. I always CC when transferring a domain name and send to [email protected], this way the other party on the other end can't say they did not get your info or when you push the name they can't say they never got it or info. I,m guessing when you transferred this is it was showing as private right.
Funds should be released as the who is should show this unless it is private and with same registrar. Then it gets tricky.

•••
whois info before and after the transfer, could be sufficient

also, the buyer is supposed to acknowledge that they received the domain

i assume they haven't done that yet?

imo...

•••
The domain was transferred from my registrar to the new owner's registrar (different than mine.)
Since late last month the domain has shown as his registrar and not mine (Internic lookup was part of the proof.)

My name for some reason shows up but it's his registrar listed. He says he doesn't have access to the name and is getting the run around from his own registrar. I've called and emailed my registrar a few times and sent any proof to Escrow's team that I do not have the name and it indeed went to the buyer's registrar.

I know I've seen some posts here before about Escrow's team having contacts at registrars to help solve these problems but so far nothing is being done.

•••
I also would like to mention that the buyer told Escrow and me that I (the seller) do not have the name in my possession anymore so I was hoping that it would help move the transaction along a little faster.

•••
Sounds like the name hit buyer's registrar but not his account.

•••
Here is a list of company reps on NamePros. There are 3 escrow.com users listed. Brandon Abbey used to deal with all the escrow.com questions on here, but he has left the company after they were bought by Freelancer.com.

I’ve often worried about a similar scenario happening with Escrow.com deals (pushing/transferring the domain, but the buyer not acknowledging that they have taken possession of the name).

I contacted their support about it, and they replied that I could send them a transfer proof email. I mainly use namesilo.com, and they don’t provide any transfer notification emails to the one who pushes the domain (only the receiver), so that is not of any help. They also said “you are welcome to follow up with the registrar to let them know that buyer did not update the contact information” - which is also not very effective. Most registrars don't strictly enforce true WHOIS info. And buyer could also just activate WHOIS protection. Those were the only two measures they said they had in place for this scenario.

The buyer disappearing right after receiving the domain, and not acknowledging that he has received it, has happened to me multiple times. Since I could not provide any of the above, Escrow.com eventually just started the inspection period after sending several messages to buyer. Since buyer did not dispute it, the sale eventually went through in this way. If he had explicitly said that he did not have the domain in his possession, I am not sure how it would have been resolved.

I still use escrow.com if there are no other options, but I otherwise try to stick to "true" escrow services, that take possession of both the domain and the funds, before releasing them.

Good luck getting it worked out.

•••
Since the domain is still in your name, you should consider contacting his (the gaining) registrar about the matter, if you haven't tried this already. It certainly couldn't hurt, IMO.

•••
I had a problem with trasfering a domain with godaddy recently, i pushed the domain but the buyer didnt get it after 1 hour with support on my side and his side, he found out that he was having a bug and didn't received the domain even if i already pushed, it was fixed minutes later

•••
I still use escrow.com if there are no other options, but I otherwise try to stick to "true" escrow services, that take possession of both the domain and the funds, before releasing them.
That might have to become the new norm.

•••
Yeah I am going to contact his registrar since Escrow isn't helping at this point. Thanks for the suggestions.

•••
@createaweb. I am sorry to hear you are having such a difficult transaction. I sent you a private message and am looking forward to your reply with your transaction number so I can solve this for you. Please contact me directly any time there is an issue.

•••
@createaweb. I am sorry to hear you are having such a difficult transaction. I sent you a private message and am looking forward to your reply with your transaction number so I can solve this for you. Please contact me directly any time there is an issue.

Thanks... replied via email to you with the information.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back