IT.COM

advice Are my prices fair? Not 100% sure how to properly price my domains.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Myles R.

Established Member
Impact
I have 21 Domains in my portfolio (dan.com/domain-seller/leveled-domains), but I am not 100% sure how to price them, but for some domains that I think are more valuable, I have the best offer option enabled.

Are they fair prices?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, they're all steeply overpriced.

Let's take chattinai.com and talkinai.com for example. These are bad domains because chattin' and talkin' aren't proper words. If you tell someone to "Go to chattin' AI dot com," it will be interpreted as "go to chattingai.com."

This makes chattingai.com (or aichatting.com) roughly a hundred times more valuable, which in turn is probably worth a hundredth of chatai.com (or aichat.com), which I would assess to be in the five digit range (photoai.com sold for $40,000).

Why am I bringing these domains up? Because they're better versions of your domain. If someone wants to make a Chatting AI-related service they'd go for those domains first, and it's only if they're not for sale or too expensive that they will look for alternatives. Even then, there's a limit to how "crap" much people are willing to put up with in a domain.

Let's assume that chatai.com is worth five figures. Then chattingai.com would be worth three figures, and chattinai.com would be worth one figure. In other words there are too many (better) alternatives one would look for before settling on your domain.

Another thing I'm taking note of is that chattinai.com was registered two days ago, which means that there was no interest in this domain until just recently. It's not like the AI-hype is new either, it's been a few months...all the good ones have been gone for quite some time.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
No, they're all steeply overpriced.

Let's take chattinai.com and talkinai.com for example. These are bad domains because chattin' and talkin' aren't proper words. If you tell someone to "Go to chattin' AI dot com," it will be interpreted as "go to chattingai.com."

This makes chattingai.com (or aichatting.com) roughly a hundred times more valuable, which in turn is probably worth a hundredth of chatai.com (or aichat.com), which I would assess to be in the five digit range (photoai.com sold for $40,000).

Why am I bringing these domains up? Because they're better versions of your domain. If someone wants to make a Chatting AI-related service they'd go for those domains first, and it's only if they're not for sale or too expensive that they will look for alternatives. Even then, there's a limit to how "crap" much people are willing to put up with in a domain.

Let's assume that chatai.com is worth five figures. Then chattingai.com would be worth three figures, and chattinai.com would be worth one figure. In other words there are too many (better) alternatives one would look for before settling on your domain.

Another thing I'm taking note of is that chattinai.com was registered two days ago, which means that there was no interest in this domain until just recently. It's not like the AI-hype is new either, it's been a few months...all the good ones have been gone for quite some time.
That's understandable, I'll refund those domains.

Thanks!

•••
Upvote 0
If you are going to hold these domains for the long term I would suggest dropping the monthly repayments down to something in the 100 - 250 per month range - It will make them more attractive to Smaller sized/start up businesses with little to no funding.....

The biggest market is generally the U.S - I price my domains in Sterling and make sure I have factored in the conversion rate when setting up my prices, yours all seem very steep....

Cryptos Ordinals - two plural words back to back priced at 10k ($12.5k) ? They are 2 strong/trending keywords but make no sense when put together...imo -

I put "cryptos ordinals" (with the quotations) into Google search and only got 6 results

I would go through all your domains again and really look into them and do some research, reprice accordingly and look to drop the weak ones after 12 months if no interest shown

Might even be worth setting a low minimum offer on all of them for the first 12 months to see if any attract any offers.....

•••
Upvote 0
If you are going to hold these domains for the long term I would suggest dropping the monthly repayments down to something in the 100 - 250 per month range - It will make them more attractive to Smaller sized/start up businesses with little to no funding.....

The biggest market is generally the U.S - I price my domains in Sterling and make sure I have factored in the conversion rate when setting up my prices, yours all seem very steep....

Cryptos Ordinals - two plural words back to back priced at 10k ($12.5k) ? They are 2 strong/trending keywords but make no sense when put together...imo -

I put "cryptos ordinals" (with the quotations) into Google search and only got 6 results

I would go through all your domains again and really look into them and do some research, reprice accordingly and look to drop the weak ones after 12 months if no interest shown

Might even be worth setting a low minimum offer on all of them for the first 12 months to see if any attract any offers.....
Good idea. I‘ll add a min offer on all of them sometime soon. I’ll definitely lower the price on cryptosordinals.com and I’ll try to take a look at similar sold domains on namebio. I get what you mean about the two plurals, I really only bought it because cryptoordinal.com (and similar variations) were taken.

Thanks for the input.

•••
Upvote 0
I think prices would be vary from different domains according to their niches ..

•••
Upvote 1
Don’t worry , being new in a business means you can make mistakes.
I did the same as you.
We’ll learn !

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back