Dynadot

.tv Are You Developing TV Domains?

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I agree with the saying, "Don't buy a domain you are not prepared to develop!"

However, something I have noticed with Dot TV domains is that is seems most domainers buy them with no real intention of development. Are you developing or not developing your Dot TV domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
However, something I have noticed with Dot TV domains is that is seems most domainers buy them with no real intention of development.

website development and domaining have less in common than coding in C# and hitech stocks daytrading.. imho :)

..should i not buy oil futures if i dont own a gas station?

•••
We develop, but it takes a lot of time and planning.

•••
I agree with the saying, "Don't buy a domain you are not prepared to develop!"

that's what ppl say to another when they are starting out.If you know what you are doing its perfectly fine ;)

•••
•••
Mainly not developing!

Last edited:
•••
my sites are just wordpress ........but they exist and get indexed

•••
Nope, not developing but just sitting on my .tv names.

•••
Not developing for me and most shops in our village Facebook is now very important and takes but most of our time .
So have no time to develop my tv names and little talent to try.

•••
wordpress is easy and plugins like phpmyvideoblog.com makes it a sinch to get something up and running

•••
my sites are just wordpress ........but they exist and get indexed

Yeah, WP definitely helps get you indexed faster even if you don't have much content.

•••
Development only for mine -- I got out of speculation on .tv quite some time ago. I still actively acquire them, but generally am pretty specific on what I look for, and the 200 or so "candidate" names I identified years ago based on kw are already taken.

Frank

•••
i have practicaly no doubt there is any less development by domainers in .tv than in any other ext.

the more important question is does it matter? most so-called development amounts to a lot of work for no to little income. unless you have either a real business purpose, a killer ap, or an undying passion for the subject then any development is really just bs isnt it?

trouble is a lot of people entering the game today have unrealistic ideas about what it takes to make it. a small handful will survive and the rest of you are throwing your money away as fast as you can throw it in. almost every speculative investment in .tv or any other ext for that matter is going to be lost. for the few very smart and very agile there is still some profit to be made, for the rest its going to be very ugly.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, i'm developing one .tv domain. Actually I have 3 .tv domains, but the others still untouched.

•••
Yes, i'm developing one .tv domain. Actually I have 3 .tv domains, but the others still untouched.

Care to share the name ?

•••
Development is the most powerful tool in the domain portfolio box. Using it has to be part of the game plan,IMO.

TV domains are an ideal dev platform. They can stand alone, or work together in a 'broadcast network'... which is how I field most of mine.

This is a the 'best of times' to develop TV domains as the word web gives way to the video web.

•••
Care to share the name ?

Of course, the name is 'lagu.tv' [little developed]

Lagu means song in Bahasa (Melayu and Indonesia)

The others are cinta.tv [love in bahasa]and vulva.tv [you know this].

•••
Of course, the name is 'lagu.tv' [little developed]

Lagu means song in Bahasa (Melayu and Indonesia)

The others are cinta.tv [love in bahasa]and vulva.tv [you know this].

love and music are always popular, good luck with it

•••
:gl: :gl: vulva tv ?? ..... not so sure I want to see many of those on TV :tri: ... but eh some people do! ... Know the owner of vagi*a.tv by any chance?? :laugh:

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
......youtube appears to be a handy resource

youtube's great and you can build a real fanbase if you have the talent and resources to create something attractive. i hear they even pay a smidge. but is using a .tv to identify your original content on yt development or is it branding?

•••
what power, where? hows your in-room hotel network going?

Developed TV domains / video sites appeal to a more buyers, they don't have to start from scratch, and sell for sooo much more.

A growing number of developed channels were bought, or funded this year (Equity had a post about some on his blog), most were in the millions.

Beyond YouTube (channel partners); In dotTV dev land... Rides.tv is a killer development story, in the booming 'original web series' catagory...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAwKB_k8C2E"]RIDES.TV Transmedia Storytelling Platform[/ame]
Rides.TV, aka Fourth Wall Studios, finalized a $15 million round of financing from visionary Los Angeles-based investor Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, with access to a fund of up to $200 million to finance individual properties.

Likers.tv puts FaceBook Likes on screen. They will likely sell for millions. Its actually pretty simple 'tv crawl' technology. Its the application... thats what development is all about. Sell the the Application of the name, not just the name itself... as neither "Likes" or "Rides" would "fit the extension" in this corner of dotTV land.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CleLjxnl-Ug"]LIKERS.TV[/ame]

My hotel network is going good, Thanks for asking. I have more hotels wanting the channel than I can sell local ads for... so I'm seeking marketing and sales partners.

Bottomline, its not about lightning strike BIG funding or buy-outs. I make a day-to-day living from a developed network of TV sites, but only occasionally sell a name. That's where "the power" of dev is, for me.

•••
i'll be in la soon, what hotels can i view your network at?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back