Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Previously sold names will be relisted again as fresh listing with new logo.

You can send an email to [email protected] or contact via slack support
Here comes my problem, I have already contacted them 2 months ago, then again 1 month ago, no response! And I can't join the Slack channel!

I just want to list a domain which has been sold before on BrandBucket, and the system says "contact support".

•••
Is there any other way to pay for submission less than $1 without having to purchase 100 or more at once?
You can buy 10 credits for $10 - 20 for $20 and so on

•••
•••
•••
This message keeps popping when I try to verify my phone number:

Any help?

1.jpg

•••
@DN Fuel,

You should try again using your international phone number prefix rather than your national phone number prefix.

Last edited:
•••
@DN Fuel,

You should try again using your international phone number prefix rather than your national phone number prefix.

I tried every combination you could imagine with the same result.

•••
@DN Fuel ,
did you try to contact support?

•••
Out of curiosity, can anyone DM or share tips on a more direct way to contact BB for basic seller inquiries?

Thanks!

(After waiting considerable time still no response on multiple confirmed support tickets to the info/@/BB... email.)

•••
This message keeps popping when I try to verify my phone number:

Any help?

Show attachment 227601
I just signed up for brandbucket last week and received this same message. I tried a bunch of things as well but kept getting this message, so figured it was some type of website glitch. I'm in the united states and there's nothing wrong with my phone number.

I haven't tried since I setup my account but will try again later to see if I get the same result.

•••
What is the role of this group, please? ''SLACK''

•••
I only submitted one name so far and personally think the recommended selling price was far too low, especially when comparing to other names they have listed and considering it's not a made up brandable name. Needless to say, that domain won't be on their marketplace. Not sure if others have had similar experiences.

•••
#Discuss-Domaining section of BrandBuckets Slack channel:

Just respond to our thread in BB's Slack Channel

And where is this slack channel? Is it private? How do I find and/or access it?

•••
Anyone know how long it takes for a logo to appear on a BB approved domain name's landing page?

•••
•••
It varies, but usually less than a week, often few days.
11 days now. Still no logos. I'm starting to wonder if it was wise to list with them. Not just because of the logos delay but overall thoughts.

•••
I agree, brandables are still a premium asset. Just not 95% of the ones listed on BrandBucket. Domain Holdings is an entirely different beast, they have brandables that would sell for low 5-figures at auction alone.

7 years is a long time, and the time is now to buy. But yes, in about 5-7 years domaining will be dead completely; with end users right at the point of auction purchase. So get what you can now and hold on tight.

It's the 'tech-curve' I saw it with eBay when I owned an online cell phone recycling business. I was wildly successful at a time when people were still afraid to use eBay, or didn't understand it; and companies were not buying back phones yet (2004-2007).

Four years later, the market was so flooded that margins became low, and that was a wrap.

I see this happening with domaining in the 5-7 year range.

It also doesn't help that every spamming idiot eMails domain owners and lets them know that a domain they 'could be interested in' will be available shortly and they will get it for you for $250. As the years go on, more of these kind of 'companies' will emerge and premium domain buyers will just go an buy it themselves as soon as they get an eMail like that.

Of course by this time any good 5L.com will all be taken, possibly all combinations, and the excellent domains that we buy now will all be 'premium'.

•••
"JimJammy" you seem to put these "dislikes" under every one of my posts-trying to impress BrandBucket? I'm curious why you didn't put a "like" under my above post saying what a great job BB did with my FundClient.com name? I think you're the same guy that checked my names and posted them all here aren't you before someone pretty much told you "don't you have better things to do" -I'd repeat that sentiment now. Please be consistent.

I press the dislike button on posts I don't like. I'm not intentionally targetting you particularly.

1. I don't like continuous repeat postings. I think seeing one person posting 3 or 4 times in a row annoying.
2. I didn't post your names here, or anywhere else. I did point out after you hounded Michael about having one of his names in a GoDaddy auction (which was still listed by the previous owner) that you too had domains listed at GoDaddy and Sedo.
3. I didn't like your post above, because I didn't like it, I didn't feel it provided any value to the community.
4. I'm not particularly a BB supporter, but I don't like unwarranted whining... "and then they pull this nonsense" and "this goes right back to the founders interview and attitude where she said "they (the sellers) should be happy with what they get" (paraphrase). This is obviously the attitude of BrandBucket towards sellers now just as the founder foretold."

Perhaps their automated system kicked in and removed your domain as it didn't recognse you had redirected it? Perhaps you could have talked to BB about it?.... or perhaps you could sling some negative comments on NP....

Incidently your domain doesn't direct to BB for me either, it goes to a dead page.

•••
For 30% commission BrandBucket should offer live chat support to buyers 24/7.

And where is the "click here to hear how to pronounce this domain name" function? It is an essential feature.

•••
Justin, why this? Be a little more understanding.

Given all the research you do on BB,how many BB sales are you currently making DnBOLT?

I noticed all your followers have pulled out of BB. Maybe they too have failed to make any sales.

•••
ofcourse there are no perks.

why would there be any?

•••
Bella\Peach is a lovely name... I can see this used by anyone from tech or services to lingerie or fashion
bellapeach might be a lovely name but wouldn't be valued more than $300 and BB rarely sells anything below $1000.

•••
Based on what evidence?

A substantial % of my 2016 revenue came from names rejected by BB.
Anacdotal evidence.
You must be part of the 1%.

•••
To achieve that you first need BB to be wanting to improve or change their model. I am not saying they don't but I haven't seen them exactly asking their users and take on board.

Forgive my naivety...isn't it what should actually happen or am I missing something here?

Because if the above is not the norm it can only mean 2 things : that either BB is consciously accepting low / lower quality domains to collect some more fees and increase their ranking by having more domains pointing at them or that you and BB are fine with having some insiders using preferential channels or being treated differently than anyone else.

Shouldn't all the names have the exact same chances to sell? If not see answer above.

In no way a marketplace should be allowed to sell names that belong to their owners/directors which directly compete with names submitted by other domainers. Call me a conspiracy theorist but whose names do you think the marketplace would prefer to sell? Yours or their own?

It might not be the case and it might be that BB are 100% impeccable but knowing human nature I know what my answer would be.

Getting back to the 30 day right to commissions.
I believe that it can't be enforced. A domainer pays the 10$ fee to use the services provided by the marketplace for as long as the name is listed on it. Once the name is removed the domainer is NOT benefiting from the services anymore hence the 30 day request is not justifiable.

I am not a lawyer but I know I definitely would't pay the commission.

Not all domains are equal.

MK has publically announced that he buys expired domains that cost around $200. Majority of his domains are selling for $2000. You can't expect a hand regged domain that sells for $2000 (lots are hand regged on BB) to have the same chance of selling to a domain that is aged and was purchased for $200.

Once you notify BB that you wish to remove your listing from BB, your listing will still be published on BB for another 30 days - so BB has a right to earn a commission 30 days after you notified them to remove the listing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back