Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the clarification, on a separate note why don't you (BB) update the client page frequently ?

I saw the inventory growing in rapid pace, certainly that is good for BB since there is listing fee associated. But where is the real sale which can benefit the domainer ?

As a policy, BB hasn't published it customers for some time. We are working on some other ways to expose some sales, and at the same time maintain the trust of our customers. I post all of my sales every 30 days or so. I had around 17 or 18 names sold in my last post and have sold 4-5 since then.

I can tell you that the vast majority of sellers use credits gained by the voting system in order to get their listings live; they don't pay.

•••
I can tell you that the vast majority of sellers use credits gained by the voting system in order to get their listings live; they don't pay.

Oh okay, this one is interesting! I was not aware of this, Great.

•••
Just sold S T A R T F O X . C O M on BB.

Congratulations! Would you be able to disclose the price it sold for ?

•••
Hello Everyone,

I'd just like to give a quick update on the BrandBucket approval process.

Through some innovations and adjustments, BB has successfully addressed some bottlenecks within the brand approval and pricing process. As a result, we saw wait times greatly improved. However, a larger workload has now fallen to the logo designers and we are seeing BB working to address this current bottleneck.

Michael was recently hired on as Managing Director and we are all pretty excited to have a fellow domain investor representing us within the company.

As far as the smaller domain seller is concerned, my understanding is that BB's ultimate goal is to get all domain sellers trained at finding high quality and brandable domain names. Not only would this save domain sellers time and money, it would also ease the strain on BrandBucket's approval process.

Overall, BrandBucket is working to improve the brand submission process and is also hoping to get the smaller domain investor trained so that they can become larger domain investors. :)

I'd be happy to field any questions.

•••
Thanks to BB Team!

Yes wait times greatly improved.

The difference is now 21 to 25days.

•••
As far as the smaller domain seller is concerned, my understanding is that BB's ultimate goal is to get all domain sellers trained at finding high quality and brandable domain names. Not only would this save domain sellers time and money, it would also ease the strain on BrandBucket's approval process.

I'm new to BB and I learned a lot in 2 months. I had only 4 accepted domains in first 40 domains reviewed, then I started exploring things and tried to understand which domains are more appropriate with BB. Now in next 8 domains I have 4 accepted (total of 8). I believe a time will come when my acceptance rate will be in 90%.

Last edited:
•••
Hello Everyone,

I'd just like to give a quick update on the BrandBucket approval process.

Through some innovations and adjustments, BB has successfully addressed some bottlenecks within the brand approval and pricing process. As a result, we saw wait times greatly improved. However, a larger workload has now fallen to the logo designers and we are seeing BB working to address this current bottleneck.

Michael was recently hired on as Managing Director and we are all pretty excited to have a fellow domain investor representing us within the company.

Overall, BrandBucket is working to improve the brand submission process and is also hoping to get the smaller domain investor trained so that they can become larger domain investors. :)

I'd be happy to field any questions.
Thanks BB
i have submitted many domains yesterday and once those domains approved/Rejected will show process time frame of BB.

Good Luck
Thanks @AndrewRice

•••
FWIW my last sale on BB was exactly 8 week ago. I have 237 names live now. My portfolio is very heavily skewed towards pure brandables, and I think it's very likely that keyword names far outsell pures on BB. This is backed up by my own sales to date. I'm trying to diversify my portfolio to both pure and keyword brands with applications across multiple niches/industries, and I think that would be wise for other sellers also.

It would be great for BB to give us some stats and figures on what's happening in the sales channel @michaeljkrell @AndrewRice, and provide aggregate details such as average name length, top niches (based on brand tags with BB) etc. to help us identify names more likely to sell. I think this should be part of any education program - monthly stats showing the breakdown of sales (ex. sales number of course) would be really useful, and help to identify new trends as they appear.

The DomainHoldings.com quarterly reports are very good in this regard, and I expect you could also re-purpose this data for use by buyers as well.

•••
FWIW my last sale on BB was exactly 8 week ago. I have 237 names live now. My portfolio is very heavily skewed towards pure brandables, and I think it's very likely that keyword names far outsell pures on BB. This is backed up by my own sales to date. I'm trying to diversify my portfolio to both pure and keyword brands with applications across multiple niches/industries, and I think that would be wise for other sellers also.

It would be great for BB to give us some stats and figures on what's happening in the sales channel @michaeljkrell @AndrewRice, and provide aggregate details such as average name length, top niches (based on brand tags with BB) etc. to help us identify names more likely to sell. I think this should be part of any education program - monthly stats showing the breakdown of sales (ex. sales number of course) would be really useful, and help to identify new trends as they appear.

The DomainHoldings.com quarterly reports are very good in this regard, and I expect you could also re-purpose this data for use by buyers as well.

@michaeljkrell , @AndrewRice - Offering a training program for new members is a brilliant idea. Providing support, direction, and incentives for members interested in expanding their portfolios is a terrific growth strategy.

@Brandworthy - I agree. Investors place money with informed decisions. I am interested in expanding my portfolio with BB and, like any investor, want to apply my capital to acquiring assets (domains) that provide the best opportunity for ROI. The training program is a terrific 1st step. But for me to "go big", I would like to have data and stats to support my investment decisions. Heck, I would even consider raising funds for a small investment pool if I had hard stats to support the capital investment... data that provided me insight to "the best" investment avenue via a breakdown of 1) what type of names (2W, 4L, 5L, Creative) have the best sell through rate, 2) what category of names has the best sell through rate, and 3) new emerging trends that might be risky, but provide a higher ROI to balance the higher risk - with data to validate it is a trend and not simply a hunch. Even if the data needs to be provided on a NDA basis, I am good with that approach too.

Overall - hats off to BB for making some great strategic moves recently.

-Jim

•••
So excited about my second domain that is about to be listed on BB (first domain was listed couple of weeks ago.)

I was hoping to know how the payment cycle works with BB. Once the domain is sold, how BB pays the seller? Paypal/Visa/Credit? And after how long?

•••
Now they are paying via Payoneer, and usually payment sent within about a week of the sale/transfer closing. My experience getting paid has always been good.

•••
Now they are paying via Payoneer, and usually payment sent within about a week of the sale/transfer closing. My experience getting paid has always been good.

Yea, I have read Morgot tweet about payout through Payoneer, that a really good thing for international sellers.

You can easily get US payment service account and Payoneer Prepaid master card to withdraw funds.

Read here: https://twitter.com/margotb/status/479717486321864704

Last night I send them an email about payout options and this is their reply:
Hello Customer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. As of April 1st we updated our payment policies. An email was sent to all of our users about this, but it looks like your account was not active at that point. To give you some more information, we currently offer 2 payment options: PayPal and Payoneer. However, we are beginning a transition away from PayPal in lieu of latter. We have found that Payoneer is quite a bit more friendly for our international users and does not face the same limitations that PayPal presents.

The main update with our new payment policy is that PayPal payments will only be processed once your pending payments have reached $500. Payoneer will work similarly, except you will be able to request that payments under $500 are sent sooner if you wish. Note that earlier payments will be subject to a $3 transfer fee. For now, you will need to request an earlier payment by email. Once this system has been fully setup, you will be able to request payment within your BrandBucket user account. If you have a balance of over $500 or you have requested an expedited payment, payments for domain owners are typically processed on the Tuesday or Thursday following completion of the transfer into the buyer's registrar account.

If you are possibly interested in the early payment Payoneer option, please let me know. I would be happy to provide you with a custom sign-up link. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Julia
BrandBucket Support Team

Last edited:
•••
So excited about my second domain that is about to be listed on BB (first domain was listed couple of weeks ago.)

I was hoping to know how the payment cycle works with BB. Once the domain is sold, how BB pays the seller? Paypal/Visa/Credit? And after how long?

They have always payed me via Paypal and within 3-5 days of transferring sold domain to BB.

•••
Thanks mates.

One more question. What is the amount they transfer? Do they MINUS the Paypal fee (they receive) from seller's 70% or do sellers get accurate 70% (minus our Paypal fee of course?)

•••
Thanks mates.

One more question. What is the amount they transfer? Do they MINUS the Paypal fee (they receive) from seller's 70% or do sellers get accurate 70% (minus our Paypal fee of course?)

When i was a kid my dad would point out people who "trip over dollars, to pick up cents"

Do you know what that phrase means?

•••
When i was a kid my dad would point out people who "trip over dollars, to pick up cents"
It's a nice saying, but in fairness to @JamesCrew he's new to this. And given that Paypal can charge up to 4.9% on top of lousy FX rates it's probably good to know what it's going to cost to get paid. All good business people know their costs :)
What is the amount they transfer? Do they MINUS the Paypal fee (they receive) from seller's 70% or do sellers get accurate 70% (minus our Paypal fee of course?)
Buyer pays them $X, they deduct 30% commission plus logo fee (default is $100), and they transfer the remainder to you. No other deductions on their side. On your side you'll have to pay PayPal/Payoneer fees, and you may be charged by your bank to accept incoming funds. Payoneer has a small fee for transfers, but nothing near what it costs to get money physically out of PayPal.

Hope this helps.

•••
•••
•••
Congrats! Always fun to see the first one published. From there seems to go faster. My first was just a couple of weeks ago, I now have 11 approved in the process.

Continue to submit domains a couple of times each week. It makes the waiting process seems quicker.

•••
Congrats! Always fun to see the first one published. From there seems to go faster. My first was just a couple of weeks ago, I now have 11 approved in the process.

Continue to submit domains a couple of times each week. It makes the waiting process seems quicker.

Thanks! More to be published soon...

In case you all were wondering sterical was submited March 27, published today June 9

•••
Thanks! More to be published soon...

In case you all were wondering sterical was submited March 27, published today June 9

Nice name!

My 5 domains are pending logo and 3 are pending approval, can't wait to see them go live.

•••

FWIW Looking at this list,
http://dngeek.com/2015/05/here-are-1134-names-that-sold-on-brandbucket/
it appears to me that two thirds of the sales are pure brandables and only about one third of the names sold are keyword based.

•••

Thanks for the info!

When you say "keyword names" do you mean "keyword rooted names" Ex. "Shopotron". Or 2 word combos Ex. "Snail Head"?

•••

Do you know what that phrase means?

Lol, nice one mate. But that was only a general "newbie question." But thanks anyway.

•••
Had my 1st accepted domain the other day. Pretty happy :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back