IT.COM

status-monitor Buy Requests

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
Hello,
This thread is related to Buy Requests posts.
How many of you are taking it easy for the Buyer's rigid conditions, arrogance in tone and a threat for not complying to his excessive demands? Some buyers wrote their buy requisite as if the sellers are beggars. My blood boils when I read their dictatorial attitude in their buy requests. How many of you take it lightly it is okay if the buyer says, I will not respond if I am not interested. Why do they think that the Sellers are so cheap and they are like aristocrats? How many of you agree that it is buyers prerogative to ask a 4 letter dot com name for $ 50?
Please share your views here and ultimately, NamePros should tone down Buy Request contents a tolerable one and not make the readers/sellers sick.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

The following rule may be helpful:
  • Rule 6.1.24. Participatory criteria (e.g., eligibility) and restrictions (e.g., blocked members) on sales listings and auctions must be reasonable (e.g., “bidders must have ten positive Trade Reviews” or “established members only”), must not require unnecessary actions to be performed, and must be nondiscriminatory based on race, gender, personal preferences or opinions, etc. Rule 6.1.13 applies.

Please report or share any specific requirements that seem unreasonable. No need to link to the actual thread.

We can look into them.

•••
Hello,
How many of you are taking it easy for the Buyer's rigid conditions, arrogance in tone and a threat for not complying to his excessive demands? Some buyers wrote their buy requisite as if the sellers are beggars. My blood boils when I read their dictatorial attitude in their buy requests. How many of you take it lightly it is okay if the buyer says, I will not respond if I am not interested. Why do they think that the Sellers are so cheap and they are like aristocrats? How many of you agree that it is buyers prerogative to ask a 4 letter dot com name for $ 50?
Please share your views here and ultimately, NamePros should tone down Buy Request contents a tolerable one and not make the readers/sellers sick.

Haroon,

I have said "I will only respond if interested" in my Requests but usually remember to add "all offers are appreciated."

This is not meant to sound arrogant or dictatorial. It's meant to show gratitude up front and to let sellers know I am not ignoring them but that, due to the volume of submissions, I can only respond if interested.

I see you have also said something similar: "No reply from me within 48 hours, please understand that I am not interested in your names."

Re: "buyers rigid conditions" -- I don't see specifying conditions as arrogance. Setting clear conditions up front helps sellers understand what the buyer is looking for so sellers don't waste time submitting domains that will never be considered.

Re: $50 for 4L -- obviously someone is trying to take advantage of you.

Sellers do something similar when buyers request a 4L and BIN and sellers respond with X J D Q/com BIN $10,000.

Lowballs or ridiculous seller prices are both unhelpful so just ignore them.

Respectfully,
DB

Last edited:
•••
I know exactly what you mean. Some have went as far as REPORTING requests that does not meet their criteria. Unfortunately, some people will take advantage of others situations, I am happy that I am not the only one feeling like that.

If you have a 4L.com start an auction, it will definitely sells for more than $50 no question about it! I have stopped sending anything to buyers request as their responses were arrogant as you said, that's at least 7 out of 10, but that's life, try to sell a real estate & if it's worth say a $100k many will offer $50! Unfortunately this is life and you just have to not let it get into you, or sell in a loss.

I wish you all the best my friend and looking forward to see your auctions! :)

•••
Hello,

After my experience with buyers request section i consider 70% of them are not enough serious and want to suck the blood out of the sellers and buying good domains for coins .

•••
Hello,

The following rule may be helpful:
  • Rule 6.1.24. Participatory criteria (e.g., eligibility) and restrictions (e.g., blocked members) on sales listings and auctions must be reasonable (e.g., “bidders must have ten positive Trade Reviews” or “established members only”), must not require unnecessary actions to be performed, and must be nondiscriminatory based on race, gender, personal preferences or opinions, etc. Rule 6.1.13 applies.

Please report or share any specific requirements that seem unreasonable. No need to link to the actual thread.

We can look into them.

I would be interested to hear what a report would do? Not too many tropes that get older at Namepros than the complaining about Domains Wanted section.

In the past when people stated people offering $5,000 for LLL.com or sometimes LL.com was allowed. The member has the right to ask whatever they like was the standard line, along with others have the right to ignore.

So now will some requests be deemed ridiculous and made to close? Don't say edit because all someone will do is take advantage of the ridiculous premise Budget $1 to $10,000 send me your names.

When we all know 99% of the people who have ever listed $10,000 per name as their budget was complete fantasy.

•••
As mentioned on a previous thread, it is an embarassment and would be better if restricted to members only for viewing purposes etc.

•••
We wont die if we cant sell something to him/her, sellers are not beggar, but buyer also have a right to ignore the submission which they dont want it, then we just can ignore them , and life is still going on.

•••
We wont die if we cant sell something to him/her, sellers are not beggar, but buyer also have a right to ignore the submission which they dont want it, then we just can ignore them , and life is still going on.

One can accept all their PRECONDITIONS, however ridiculous they may be, but how many of them are serious "buyers"? If diagnosed their Trade Views, one can see most of them never bought a single name in recent past.

Having said that, we have definitely serious buyers here at NamePros, ready to buy with reasonable and fair prices, I have sold dozens of names to such great buyers.

We are talking here about the empty vessels, who never buy any names and those who places such buy requests only to read our pulse.

•••
One can accept all their PRECONDITIONS, however ridiculous they may be, but how many of them are serious "buyers"? If diagnosed their Trade Views, one can see most of them never bought a single name in recent past.

Having said that, we have definitely serious buyers here at NamePros, ready to buy with reasonable and fair prices, I have sold dozens of names to such great buyers.

We are talking here about the empty vessels, who never buy any names and those who places such buy requests only to read our pulse.

Understand, maybe you or someone here can advise to update the forum rules for someone who going to request domain from seller? But as what @Mod Team Bravo said, some forum rules maybe helpful , and once you provide the details to @Mod Team Bravo , I would like to know what is the update of the case from you.

•••
So now will some requests be deemed ridiculous and made to close?
Unrelated to valuations, but "unreasonable" requirements as in unexpected, unusual, unnecessary, etc.

For example, we would not allow "you must include your email address with your offer" and "you must leave me a positive review."

We hope that helps.

•••
Let's try to come up with ways for members to hide those requests.

For example, the community could report when they've had a successful transaction with a member due to the member's request thread, and then sellers could filter requests by "X successful transactions in the last Y days." However, this would be easy to manipulate among groups of friends on NamePros.

Any ideas?

•••
Unrelated to valuations, but "unreasonable" requirements as in unexpected, unusual, unnecessary, etc.

For example, we would not allow "you must include your email address with your offer" and "you must leave me a positive review."

We hope that helps.

Ok but they call say looking for 2L.com budget $10,000 per name?

•••
Ok but they call say looking for 2L.com budget $10,000 per name?

You should reply him, how many 2L.com do you have? I would like to buy all with $10k each. :cigar:

•••
You should reply him, how many 2L.com do you have? I would like to buy all with $10k each. :cigar:

Well for the most park most start threads saying you contact me with anything but what I am asking and I will report you.

I have asked before what really happens with those reports?

•••
Well for the most park most start threads saying you contact me with anything but what I am asking and I will report you.

I have yet to “make Request” thread;
but i’ll put if send dont meet condition i’ll report.

How else are you going to deter spam?

With regards to @Haroon Basha;
I dont think i’ll state “if i dont reply; i dont like”
Rude.. but It’s OBVIOUS. LOL!

Biggest problem is mods let market; “play out”

@Mod Team Bravo you need enforce common sense close stupid; 2L for 10K, 3L for 5k — There is zero enforce.
If you knew it wasnt satire; you’d leave up;
“Buying 2L,3L for for $5k and you know it

“Laissez-faire approach”boils blood sometimes
and makes Namepros look like amateur hour..
think bad requests tarnish NP brand..

Samer

Last edited:
•••

They are exploiting the "Report to Moderator" option if we question about their ""conditions""

•••
@Mod Team Bravo you need enforce common sense
Trust us when we say that you do not want us making judgement calls on that; it will create more problems than it will solve. Update: Case in point.

It's always subjective and prone to contentious disagreements, which isn't good for anyone.

most start threads saying you contact me with anything but what I am asking and I will report you.
They are exploiting the "Report to Moderator" option if we question about their ""conditions""
That'd be an unacceptable reason to report if you're solely seeking clarity.

It'd be acceptable to report if you also included a domain name with your question.

We hope that helps.

Last edited:
•••
The main issue is buyer's and seller's both have grossly unrealistic expectations.

I have been an active buyer in the past spending tens of thousands of dollars buying domains on NamePros, but whatever budget and guidelines you put you get flooded with unrelated domains, or generally bad domains priced at or near your budget.

I quit posting as it was just a waste of my time. Most people with good domains tend to know what they have, and they are not offloading them on a reseller forum.

NamePros could certainly make some changes to improve the section. It is long overdue really.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The main issue is buyer's and seller's both have grossly unrealistic expectations.

I have been an active buyer in the past spending tens of thousands of dollars buying domains NamePros, but whatever budget and guidelines you put you get flooded with unrelated domains, or most bad domains price at our near your budget.

I quit posting as it was just a waste of my time. Most people with good domains tend to know what they have, and they are not offloading them on a reseller forum.

NamePros could certainly make some changes to improve the section. It is long overdue really.

Brad

I dont think the buyer request is past
“Point of no return.”

I personally would tweak it;
“Unrealistic expectations” needs to be reported (if unrealistic enough) Mods have gone full-on;
Laissez-faire. Seems not reportable offense;
Sadly, mostly new accounts; “What can u do?”

risk being uninviting to the Seek 2-3L 5k crowd

Last edited:
•••
I dont think the buyer request is past
“Point of no return.”

I personally would tweak it;
“Unrealistic expectations” needs to be reported (if unrealistic enough) Mods have gone full-on;
Laissez-faire. Seems not reportable offense.

Well, the first step is to actually do something about it. It has needed to be the first step now for years.

Still waiting...

Brad

Last edited:
•••
A lot of buyer's have completely BS budgets also.

They will be like $50K budget, when you know in reality they don't have a fraction of that.
Then offer $50 for some great .COM.

It would be nice if there was a different section or something that somehow had more qualified buy and sell offers. Right now the area is a waste of space, and serious buyers and sellers could not be bothered dealing with it.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
A lot of buyer's also have completely BS budgets also.

They will be like $50K budget, when you know in reality they don't have a fraction of that.

It would be nice if there was a different section or something that somehow had more qualified buy and sell offers. Right now the area is a waste of space, and serious buyers and sellers could not be bothered dealing with it.

Brad

Yup. This one is much more difficult.
You’re essentially asking to vet audit funds.
Maybe require proofs four five figure budgets..
This means hide account details; just show you have the money you’re talking about;

require proof DN? (usually via send vid;NO BS
Let’s also do this with the $50,000 budgets.
There has to be some way to “prove” not wasting everyone’s time with “fishing” budget.
Sometimes they’re so obvious too.
six figure budget? Sure. Sadly, many fall for it..

Last edited:
•••
A lot of buyer's also have completely BS budgets also.

Brad
@bmugford I completely agree that NamePros should do something constructive in this regard, to filter genuine buyers from bogus time pass buyers. Some Buy Request make no sense at all. Unless the @Mod Team Bravo Moderators clean up this section, the genuine sellers will lose genuine buyers.

•••
@bmugford I completely agree that NamePros should do something constructive in this regard, to filter genuine buyers from bogus time pass buyers. Some Buy Request make no sense at all. Unless the @Mod Team Bravo Moderators clean up this section, the genuine sellers will lose genuine buyers.

Hey.. maybe those new accounts have $100K

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back