Domain Empire

question Can Anyone Explain the Sales of LLNNN + (js, wnsr, among other prefixes) Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have noticed that these kinds of domains have been selling for low four figures, for example, wnsr888 [dot] com sold for $2,550 on July 1, 2015.

It looks as though these appeal to a Chinese market. I understand the 888, but the prefixes are puzzling...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are just acronyms that have some meaning to them, and the 888 are obviously added for the luck factor

They purchased a whole bunch of similar names as well

•••
Yes, please can someone point out whats those sales are for.
Any meaning!!
Its obvious they are valuable to chinese buyers but why??
I tried to research on this but got no info.

•••
I have been writing about this for the last week, on the 6/30 Daily Sales Recap

A lot of interesting stuff on Go Daddy Auctions today with these LLnnnnn domains. The most common prefixes have been js,pj,yh,xpj now today I see WNSR and the pricing was all over the place. WNSR888.com closed at $2,550, WNSR3333.com closed at just $107, now 3 is not 8 but it is still a lucky number in Chinese numerology, of course 888 is going to be at the top of the list. I also noticed that a few xjp names got picked up today, now the pattern has been xpj, but now xjp is in the mix, XJP888.com went for $458.

I have been getting a lot of emails on these types of names, and there is one theme, the person emailing has said, “I don’t get it” but then they ask should they bid on them ? NO, would be my answer, if you don’t understand something at all, and more to the point, “don’t get it” I think it is a mistake to buy names, do the research, understand the niche and then think about buying names. Stick to what you know.

There were a ton of sales I tracked not listed anywhere else, http://tldinvestors.com/2015/07/dai...and-those-crazy-jsxpj-and-now-wnsr-names.html

From the 7/1 Daily Sales Recap

Tonight In the confusing world of these LLnnnn.com HG2933.com closed at $1,110 on NameJet, yet HG6636.com closed at $57 on Go Daddy Auctions. Maybe it was overlooked as the number combo seems better as double 6, and three 6’s in all is a good Chinese combo.

********************************************************************************************************************

I have spoken to people in Hong Kong who talked about maybe it was provincial codes, I have even spoken to a Chinese national I know, non domainer who had no clue.

A lot of JS sites I see being used for gambling. The WNSR is new, and there was pj and then xpj, but on 6/30 someone reversed it and went with XJP, there looks to be no rhyme or reason, or distinct pattern. Look at the two HG names tonight. I would say the $57 looks more desirable from a Chinese numerology standpoint.

•••
There so many registration going on for WNSR and XJP.
I run a bulk check for JS almost all JSNNNN taken. there are some decent WNSR PJ and XPJ available.
I wont reg it. I dont know what might sell and what might not. Staying away from this.

•••
There so many registration going on for WNSR and XJP.
I run a bulk check for JS almost all JSNNNN taken. there are some decent WNSR PJ and XPJ available.
I wont reg it. I dont know what might sell and what might not. Staying away from this.
Exactly!
I also noticed the trend earlier, with some nice ones still available to reg, but i dont think i'm ready to gamble blindly since i dont understand anything about it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back