IT.COM

discuss Celebrity domain - Caitlin Clark

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I just happened to land/register what might be the most valuable domain of my life. I can't say what it is here, but it's very similar to YouGoGirl.com. Caitlin will be interviewed by ABC's Robin Roberts tomorrow morning about her record setting NCAA performance this weekend while playing The Ohio State Buckeyes.

I'm posting about this here seeking advice on how to market it and to who. Here something I pulled from her Wiki page that tells of her marketing and branding potential;

Business interests[edit]​

Clark and Jake from State Farm pointing at khakisClark with "Jake from State Farm" in a promotion for State Farm in 2023
Clark is represented by agents Alan Zucker, Colleen Garrity and Erin Kane of Excel Sports Management.[181] She has been described by analysts as one of the most marketable college basketball players and college athletes.[182][183] On August 18, 2021, she signed her first name, image and likeness (NIL) deal with The Vinyl Studio, a company based in West Des Moines, Iowa.[184] Clark signed with Nike on October 10, 2022; she has often worn shoes from the company's Kobe Bryant signature shoe line.[185][186] On October 10, 2023, she became a spokesperson for State Farm and was the first college athlete to sign with the company.[187] That December, Clark added Gatorade to her list of endorsements, joining Paige Bueckers as the only women's basketball players to sign with the company.[188] As part of the deal, Gatorade donated $22,000, in reference to her number 22 jersey, to the Caitlin Clark Foundation, which aims to benefit youth and their communities through education, nutrition and sport.[189] She is partnered with the Iowa-based supermarket chain Hy-Vee, which launched a cereal called "Caitlin's Crunch Time" at select stores in January 2024, with proceeds going to Clark's foundation.[190] She has also signed NIL deals with Bose, Buick, Goldman Sachs, H&R Block and Topps, among other companies.[191]

I'd luv to discuss this with anyone who has had any experience with this sort of thing. PM if you'd rather not talk about it here. Thank you

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ThisMayGoOverYourHead.com

but

SelfIncriminatingEvidence.com

especially because

TheseThreadsAreWellIndexedOnGoogle.com

Last edited:
•••
YouGoRichard.com is available...

Also, YouGoDick.com

And.... RichardIsACyberSquatter.com

Last edited:
•••
I scanned the top 200+ first names for the format YouGo(Name).com to see what is taken.

The only (2) that were taken are YouGoArt.com and YouGoJoe.com. No female names were taken.

Caitlin is not even that popular of a name. It is #609 in the US.

Ranking 365 in 1980, the name surged in popularity placing itself at the 44th position in 1988. Then, Caitlin slipped to 1422th rank in 2017, briefly rising to 1364th in 2018. It has again dropped down to 2179th rank in 2021.

That just illustrates how much of a stinker the domain is.

Brad
Be prepared. Because he lacks any rational arguments, Rich is now going to ask why you hate women.

Last edited:
•••
Another horrible thread.

"the most valuable domain of my life"

6 and half years since you've been here and this domain is the most valuable? Trying to jump off somebody's name? Do you understand you can hand reg these type of domains all day long? One example LetsGoCaitlin.com - https://www.godaddy.com/domainsearch/find?domainToCheck=letsgocaitlin

Also, the ridiculous, "you must hate women" routine because somebody points out issues with the name. If I regged a pizza name with little caesars in it and somebody pointed out the issues with that, do they hate pizza? That's your argument.

Last edited:
•••
You really don't understand the finer nuances of domaining do you. Or even the basics. Guess that's the result of talking so much. Your choice to mention the OliverStone purchase shows just how little you understand

•••
As I see , you like to troll…that’s it.
Every thread that you started , ended in a discussion where all domainers told you one thing and you pushed on the opposite direction.
I’m quite sure that if people told you that you’re right , you would change your mind saying that you were wrong.
You just want to create a discussion, that’s all

Good luck with the domain

Last edited:
•••
He might be singlehandedly responsible for GoDaddy stock going up again.

You kid, but is Richard Morris really ThatNameGuy or is ThatNameGuy just a front for Chuck Norris?

1. Richard "Chuck" Morris doesn't need to search for expired domains. They come to him, begging to be registered.
  2. When Google has a question they “Morris” it.
  3. Richard "Chuck" Morris can break a 60 day transfer lock in less than a second.
  4. Richard "Chuck" Morris can access the dark web... with the lights on.
  5. GoDaddy's stock price goes up every time Richard "Chuck" Morris renews a domain. Investors know it's a sign of his approval.
  6. Richard "Chuck" Morris can leave a comment on your Facebook wall using namePros.
  7. Richard "Chuck" Morris will never be flagged by Google. Google isn’t nearly foolish enough to de-index him.
  8. Richard "Chuck" Morris doesn’t read posts. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
  9. Richard "Chuck" Morris does not need Twitter. . . he is already following you.
  10. Richard "Chuck" Morris wrote a namePros post and it got over five million likes. Before it was published.
  11. Bill Gates lives in constant fear that Richard "Chuck" Morris’s PC will crash.
  12. Richard "Chuck" Morris's computer has no "backspace" button. Morris doesn't make mistakes.
  13. There is no search engine algorithm. Just a list of websites Richard "Chuck" Morris allows to rank.
  14. When Richard "Chuck" Morris types in a misspelling on a search engine, it corrects it for everyone else, not just him.
  15. Richard "Chuck" Morris doesn’t need to track click-through or conversion rates. His are always 100 percent.
  16. ICANN begged Richard "Chuck" Morris NOT to create his own domain name extension. They were worried ".roundhouse" would be too powerful.
  17. When Richard "Chuck" Morris needs a CAPTCHA, he just shows a picture of himself. No robot dares to impersonate him.
  18. Cloud storage companies pay Richard "Chuck" Morris for the privilege of storing his tears. They cure cancer, but nobody's brave enough to collect them.
  19. Verisign was only awarded the .com contract because they paid off Richard "Chuck" Morris.
  20. Richard "Chuck" Morris can register a .com domain with a fax machine and a stare.
  21. GoDaddy commercials secretly feature Richard "Chuck" Morris doing domain management tasks... blindfolded.
  22. Richard "Chuck" Morris's domain portfolio is so vast, it has its own zip code.
  23. New domain extensions are afraid of Richard "Chuck" Morris. They fear he'll claim them all with a single glare.
  24. ICANN's board of directors has a hidden picture on the wall. It's just Richard "Chuck" Morris with the caption "Don't Mess Up."
  25. On Namepros, users can buy "Richard Chuck Morris Points" to boost their posts. They're worthless, but everyone does it anyway.
  26. Richard "Chuck" Morris can register a domain name in any language, even those not yet invented. The domain name just knows.
  27. GoDaddy wants to create a "Richard Chuck Morris Day" sale, but they're too scared to ask him.
  28. Richard "Chuck" Norris can domain flip entire industries with a single domain registration.
  29. ICANN has a secret handshake reserved for Richard "Chuck" Morris. It involves a lot of trembling.
  30. ICANN's biggest fear is a Richard "Chuck" Morris diss track about domain names. They know it would break the internet.
  31. Richard "Chuck" Morris's avatar on Namepros is simply a silhouette. No one dares look at the real thing.
  32. Richard "Chuck" Morris doesn't use social media. Social media uses him... for legendary content.
  33. Richard "Chuck" Morris doesn't need SEO. Search engines find him.

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps it's about time we gave our resident troll a nice long break. Lets see how he gets along just talking to himself. Besides, his insults and side-tracking are becoming a bit boring. Most realise that it is the fellow members smart responses that provide the entertainment value to his threads and has very little to do with his chosen subjects/domains.

I know it will be hard to resist the banter but at least that inflated ego of his will come to realise nobody really has the slightest interest in his ridiculous assumptions and domain registrations. Personally I doubt he'll be able to resist becoming more outrageous in order to bait that hook.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The young girl with her son Fisher seen in this picture makes the finest crabcakes and seafood soups you'll ever taste. So guess what i bought for her; FishersMom:xf.wink:

I don't see a picture, but it's probably best for their privacy that you didn't include one.

Too close to stifflersmom imho. Not a great name.

+

I was thinking of Stacy's Mom. :ROFL:

=

If you only knew how popular FishersMom is around these parts.

Screenshot_20240309-151635~2.png

•••
Things you didn't expect Brandpa to say at the domainer table:

"Serving the Children of the World" is the motto for Kiwanis, and having just returned from my Kiwanis Club breakfast I registered YouGoCxxxxin.org

I'm no more a cybersquatter than you're a racist.

I'm not a Cybersquatter, I'm a creator. Again, what do you have against women?

Things you would expect Brandpa to say at the domainer table:

Also, the ridiculous, "you must hate women" routine because somebody points out issues with the name. If I regged a pizza name with little caesars in it and somebody pointed out the issues with that, do they hate pizza? That's your argument.

You Cant See Me Womens Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

#FromUnRegsToRichsRegOfTheDay

Last edited:
•••
Another horrible thread.

"the most valuable domain of my life"

6 and half years since you've been here and this domain is the most valuable? Trying to jump off somebody's name? Do you understand you can hand reg these type of domains all day long? One example LetsGoCaitlin.com - https://www.godaddy.com/domainsearch/find?domainToCheck=letsgocaitlin

I guess @ThatNameGuy needs a new project after singlehandedly "absolving" world hunger? :ROFL:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/can-an-8-47-domain-absolve-world-hunger-and-malnutrition.1164212/

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I think OP is over-estimating the value of fan site domains, by a lot.

Last edited:
•••
So it appears I've registered a type of domain no one has ever thought about.....go figure. This must mean I'm smarter than all of you together.....go figure:ROFL: Don't you just hate me Brad:xf.rolleyes:
If that's your takeaway, it's no wonder that you go on so many registration binges and sell so few domains.

The concept of supply and demand has gone way over your head. :xf.wink:

Brad

•••
Perhaps it's about time we gave our resident troll a nice long break. Lets see how he gets along just talking to himself.

Parks And Rec Spinning GIF

•••
While watching this thread I made a bet to myself of whether or not the line of crab cakes with this huge blue Jumbo Lump logo will be shouted before the fifth page. Boy was I right.

No matter how the conversation from OP starts (normally it's some quite fat trolling - I just don't believe anyone can be THAT thick) but it always comes down to crab cakes ''situation'', did anyone noticed? )

•••
I wont speculate on the domain but just reiterate what all domain speculators should already know about famous personalities/sports person/celebrities etc. domains.

Any profiteering intentional or otherwise including by domain sale is frowned upon And by request actioned against, those who seek to do so. This is NOT the legal definition of the recognised infringement, But it is as damn clear as I can make it for those who choose to run around with their heads in the sand.

Build a genuine fan site with No profit or adverts and you'll probably get away with it. (Not always) List the domain for a profit making sale and it will in all certainty be ignored by all, unless the mentioned/associated personality chooses to follow the UDRP route.

I don't know what could be clearer. I fully understand the OP's excitement if he feels he can associate with an untrademarked term without direct association or the named personality being used. Then with all other considerations in place, go for it.

I just wonder if once again the OP is just trying to stoke a bit of controversy. nothing more, nothing to be gained apart from a bit of a wind-up. I hope not. Registrants can choose as much Wriggle room as they wish but if it doesn't hold-up, then their beliefs are irrelevant anyway.

Last edited:
•••
instead of very that should be really loves:xf.wink: But on another note, you've been able to bring out some of my best work. I guess you saw where i reg'd YouGoSunny and I plan to reg other celebrity names involving women in sports like YouGoSimone and YouGoVenus.
While you probably don't know who Simone or Venus are, suffice to say they're top female athletes in their respective sports and they may just love my idea about promoting women's sports. If not, I can only assume they hate women like you:unsure:
You just make too many excuse for your Cybersquatter activities. Why all you registered domains have to carry trademark issue?

Support sports with registering trademark issue domains? Yes, I believe you do like what you
had done in your GourmetOlympics.com domain before... Very clever excuse to cover trademark issue lol

You know you always have trademark issue, and cover your bad Faith activities with your own dellusion support to sports or absorve world hunger those no more than bullshit words...

IMG_20240308_222858.jpg

Save Millions of lives? Bullshit...

Your own statement clearly describes your trademark violation and excuse lol...

Just incase you forgot where I got your own statement from :

https://www.namepros.com/threads/can-an-8-47-domain-absolve-world-hunger-and-malnutrition.1164212/

Last edited:
•••
I scanned the top 200+ first names for the format YouGo(Name).com to see what is taken.

The only (2) that were taken are YouGoArt.com and YouGoJoe.com. No female names were taken.

Caitlin is not even that popular of a name. It is #609 in the US.

Ranking 365 in 1980, the name surged in popularity placing itself at the 44th position in 1988. Then, Caitlin slipped to 1422th rank in 2017, briefly rising to 1364th in 2018. It has again dropped down to 2179th rank in 2021.

That just illustrates how much of a stinker the domain is.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Explain why this is better as a three word domain, which invokes the memory of one of the worst car brands in American history, instead of the available GoCaitlin two word domain?

Guy is a goof and trolling us.

Last edited:
•••
You are registering YouGoCaitlin.com because you want to sell it, and you used Caitlin Clark famous as the argument that the domain is valuable. So you exploit Caitlin Clark's famous for your profit. You registered YouGoCaitlin.com for profit using Caitlin Clark's success. It is clear on all your posted threads before. Even if you are sued in court by Caitlin Clark, the evidence is very obvious.

We just give you suggestion, that what you are doing is wrong, a Cybersquatter activity. You want to learn, it's good because you asked suggestion in your threads how to sell YouGoCaitlin.com with explanation why you register it. But if you feel it is OK to exploit Caitlin Clark's famous by profiting from registering, using, and selling YouGoCaitlin.com, it's your own problem. If it is sued by the Celebrity, it is not my problem. Just enjoy the result.

•••
"Serving the children of the World", but it sound as though you wouldn't know about that. Do you ever give back or do you just take:unsure:
Why do you hate adults? :ROFL:

Brad

•••
It's a 5 five figure domain...

$00,000

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If it is YouGoGirl.com, it is valuable. If it is YouGoCaitlin.com, it is no value, except it is a Cybersquatter domain. You easy to register it, because others don't want to make a trouble with someone else Famous Name and Business. Except you have a legal connection with the Celebrity, the domain is worthless.

Last edited:
•••
I just happened to land/register what might be the most valuable domain of my life.
I'm posting about this here seeking advice on how to market it and to who.

Well now that's well and truly date stamped in the NamePro archives you can cut-out the Good faith bullshit. You do love tying yourself up in knots.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back