NameSilo

question Chinese domainers wanted to help estimating domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mike Y

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
A while ago I found a site chineselandrush.com, which has suggestions of chinese domain names ready to register, based on Baidu hits and "TLD Registry's own Dot Chinese Online and Dot Chinese Website domain extensions" (quoted from site).

I've bought one which has 100,00,000 Baidu hits - 公务员考试.在线 (it's like "chinese civil-service exams.online) and it was the first suggestion from their list.

I did try to appraise it but it seems it doesn't have any value, so if anyone of chinese domainers here would help me to tell why it has no value (too long etc), I'd be very thankfull.
(I'm not questioning ChineseLandrush.com suggestions ideas, their support is very helpful and fast, I'd like to know how to use it properly).
Thanks !
Mike Y

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Chinese will search baidu with this keyword, but won't type in url with that.

•••
So it's too long ? Too many keywords ?

•••
Hi,
A while ago I found a site chineselandrush.com, which has suggestions of chinese domain names ready to register, based on Baidu hits and "TLD Registry's own Dot Chinese Online and Dot Chinese Website domain extensions" (quoted from site).

I've bought one which has 100,00,000 Baidu hits - 公务员考试.在线 (it's like "chinese civil-service exams.online) and it was the first suggestion from their list.

I did try to appraise it but it seems it doesn't have any value, so if anyone of chinese domainers here would help me to tell why it has no value (too long etc), I'd be very thankfull.
(I'm not questioning ChineseLandrush.com suggestions ideas, their support is very helpful and fast, I'd like to know how to use it properly).
Thanks !
Mike Y
Just so I'm understanding here...you find a site, open to the general public, with suggestions for Chinese domain names. Meaning anyone could happen along and reg a name in the suggestion list. Yet no one had regged a particular domain.

Do you suppose that's maybe because no one wanted it? Because who would go to a website with a domain in the Chinese language, besides people from China? And most Chinese people are too busy making the stuff you buy at Walmart.

There's your answer for you. The Chinese would rather learn some rudimentary Engrish and visit American sites. Of course only the American sites that their government has approved.

•••
well if this is what you're think about Chinese domain market then stick with it, and I'll stick with my opinion :), everybody's happy :)!

•••
Basically worthless.

The IDN market is currently wallowing without a paddle. And the Chinese themselves are hardly interested in IDN.

Pinyin or numbers is where the Chinese are at.

•••
You should put this into the appraisal section of the forum..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back