NameSilo

Contest, Win 50 Bucks: How Much Will the DT and SN "New Year's Showcase Auction" Net?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The owner of DomainingTips.com (who is organizing the New Year's Showcase Auction together with SnapNames) is a close friend of mine, I'm doing this to surprise him and also give back to the community: the person who gets the closest to the amount the auction will net wins 50 bucks.

The auction started about 24 hours ago and will end in 5 days and 22 hours. The "submissions" part of the contest will end 1 day earlier, so in 4 days and 22 hours.

A link to the auction:

https://www.snapnames.com/store/event.action?ig=384

If you want to submit an entry, post your prediction in this thread. Your post should have the following format:

1) The auction will net...
2) The domain which will sell for the highest amount will be... (this is just for fun, the first prediction is the one that counts)

IMPORTANT: it's obvious that the later in the game you post, the more of an advantage you will have. That's why I'll give an early bird bonus of 20% to the people who post today, a bonus of 10% to the people who post tomorrow and a bonus of 5% to the people who post on Saturday.

For example, if you think that the auction will net $200,000 and post a prediction today, you'll receive a +- 20% bonus. If someone else posts a prediction of $210,000 on the last day of the contest, he doesn't get a bonus.

If the auction nets $250,000, the $200,000 prediction will win because it was made on the first day, even if the $210,000 prediction is closer. After the 20% bonus, the $200,000 prediction will turn into a $200,000 + 20% prediction, so $240,000. If it would have been in your advantage to subtract the 20% instead of adding it, it would have been subtracted. That's how the 20% bonus works.

By the way, people with 1 post and an account which isn't at least 1 month old do not "qualify". Other than that, let's get this show on the road!
Have fun :santa:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back