Dynadot

Dan.com is down in India?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I can't access dan.com or the landing pages that redirect to dan's hosted page.
I am based in India.
I can use DNS over HTTPS to access it though. I assume it's been blocked in India?
Any other Indian user that can confirm or deny this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Just a heads up. Dan.com may be inaccessible to Airtel network users like myself after all. Dan support team confirmed that the network is blocking their IP address.
1691931749116.png

You may want to use custom DNS from Cloudflare or Google to access it, in case you can't access it either.

•••
Dan.com website is blocked over http but you can still access over https. I am not sure why Indian government do that. There are many website with such blockage.

•••
DAN and Afternic not accessible from India. Blocked due to some court order. Hope some one is following it up

•••
I am also facing the same issue and have been unable to access DAN and Afternic accounts for almost 2 months now. I heard from many friends that it is a common problem, especially for those who are using Airtel and Vodafone Idea mobile internet services whereas other fibre/broadband or Jio network users can access it without any difficulties so I don't think it is related to any legal or compliance issues.

I hope DAN and the Afternic team or their parent company GoDaddy which has a strong presence in India will take due care and resolve these issues at the earliest. Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Just a heads up. Dan.com may be inaccessible to Airtel network users like myself after all. Dan support team confirmed that the network is blocking their IP address.
Show attachment 244605
You may want to use custom DNS from Cloudflare or Google to access it, in case you can't access it either.
even I am facing the same problem , both Afternic and Dan are not accessible from few months .

•••
•••
Some service providers have blocked DAN and Afternic. Vodafone - Idea is one of them.

•••
Dan was accessible for a few days, and now it is blocked again. What kind of Airtel connection do you use?

•••
DAN and Afternic not accessible from India. Blocked due to some court order. Hope some one is following it up
So is there really a "Dan Ban" currently in India?

Can anyone confirm whether the High Court in India has indeed banned ISP access to certain domain marketplaces? And, if indeed a ban is in place, are any "work arounds" permissible?

For domain investors, knowing this might help them seek alternatives for now, if necessary. After all, domainers would likely prefer unrestricted marketplace access to the country with the second highest population in the world. And, of course, a nation with some of the most tech-savvy, cyber-brilliant individuals in the world!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back