Domain Empire

Did you pre-ordered or landrushed any .SO domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is it worthy to reg .so domains?

regardless Somalian Ext, .So can be used in many domains to make cool sense of words.

Did you pre-ordered or landrushed any .SO domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, I'm avoiding this extension completely.

Very unstable country.

•••
Not at all.

I have no intention of doing any business in Somalia, and speculating in "domain hacks" is not my thing (very little, if any, reward as far as I'm concerned).

•••
Haven't pre-ordered any yet and will not do in future.

•••
No pre-order or post order interest here

•••
I do not know the price but I can guess that it will likely be in the hundreds/thousands of dollars range which is just madness.

I don't see how any of us could recoup our investment when we are basically left with scraps.

•••
I'll pass on this one.

Brad

•••
My business does not have an office in Somalia at present, so... :hehe:

•••
•••
I do not know the price but I can guess that it will likely be in the hundreds/thousands of dollars range which is just madness.

I don't see how any of us could recoup our investment when we are basically left with scraps.

Q.How much are the fees?
A.# Sunrise Period Registration: USD 90.00 for 3years. (*) USD30.00 for each additional year, up to 10years.
# Landrush Period Registration: USD 10.00 per 1year.
# Open Registration: USD 10.00 per 1year.
# Renewal: USD 10.00 per 1year.
# Transfer: USD 10.00
# Restore: USD 40.00

Pre-order price is about $30. depends on registrar

I pre-ordered for life.so and time.so and I guess im not gonna get both of them :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
Not for me either.

*Thread moved to the ccTLD Discussion forum. :)

•••
Q.How much are the fees?
A.# Sunrise Period Registration: USD 90.00 for 3years. (*) USD30.00 for each additional year, up to 10years.
# Landrush Period Registration: USD 10.00 per 1year.
# Open Registration: USD 10.00 per 1year.
# Renewal: USD 10.00 per 1year.
# Transfer: USD 10.00
# Restore: USD 40.00

Pre-order price is about $30. depends on registrar

I pre-ordered for life.so and time.so and I guess im not gonna get both of them :hehe:

If those are the fees I suppose they are very reasonable actually so I am somewhat surprised, many other times registrars have taken the tack of charging exorbitant fees and making it not worth the hassle. I may even have a punt on one or two if I can be bothered :)

Actually considering it for a couple of minutes I think they are the first to finally "get it", always before registries have been of the mindset that they can charge whatever the hell they want and people will come regardless, by lowering the fee to something in line with a .com or .uk they have opened the floodgates for everyones pockets...very smart and if they advertise it right it could be very successful. It may still be more than the average Somalian may be able to afford, but at least it does give the registry a chance to live.

If you have gone after Life.so and Time.so though I would advise you to pull your request and get your money back, they are two of the most famous magazines in the world and you are likely going to lose them if challenged. It might be easy to say that you had something planned for one that didn't involved the printed word but you are going to find it a struggle to come up with an excuse for two.

Which registrar/s have you gone through?

Last edited:
•••
I pre-ordered weather.so and map.so for $30 each. Have no plans to get anymore.

•••
The only ccTLD that I invested in (any considerable amount) was .me.

Be it co or so, not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
•••
If you have gone after Life.so and Time.so though I would advise you to pull your request and get your money back, they are two of the most famous magazines in the world and you are likely going to lose them if challenged. It might be easy to say that you had something planned for one that didn't involved the printed word but you are going to find it a struggle to come up with an excuse for two.

Which registrar/s have you gone through?

I pre-ordered at domainmonster.com

well I already asked for refund before your post. but they replied me as pasted below. as far as the famous mag names are concerned. If they will ask me to give domains to them, I will hesitate to give them at low price. hope they will not refuse because legal proceeding will cost them alot more than my asking price :D

BTW I want to develop life.so domain ;) . but Im not sure about getting these domains, because landrush requests get priority on pre-orders. It would be just a luck to get these two delicious domains. as far as the suitability and attraction of ccTLD is concern. I think .so can make other words cool. whereas .co didn't attracted very much.

and I dont think so that instability of Somalia can affect their .so registry service. its just rubbish to say that.

Reply by domain monster.
Thanks for contacting Domainmonster support. Unfortunately it is not possible to cancel a .so pre-order as essentially by placing that pre-order we have excluded others the opportunity of applying for that domain as we only allow one pre-order per domain for fairness purposes.

We do advise all our customer at the time of placing a pre-order that you cannot cancel the order and we can only refund if we are unsuccessful in securing the domain for yourself. Therefore I am sorry to say that I um unable to cancel the orders for you. If you have any other questions regarding this or would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to let me know!

•••
Somalia is about the most lawless and unstable country on earth. Investing in an extention where it is doubtful how long it will last before it is ceasing operations, is total waste of money. Even North Korea has a more stable government than Somalia, which basically says it all.

•••
"and I dont think so that instability of Somalia can affect their .so registry service. its just rubbish to say that."

Rubbish? Don't forget that this extension is being managed by a branch of a transitional government within Somalia.

I wouldn't take these for free.

•••
I'm not fan of Somalia either :D

•••
The land rush auction for poker.so just ended at $345.

Poker is always one of the most sought-after keywords, so I guess this shows interest for .so is not overwhelming.

•••
I pre-ordered two just to resell them asap.

•••
•••
Hand regged a few for $14 each...mainly for an easy flip

Astrology.so
Newspaper.so
Franchise.so
Virtual.so
Computing.so
Psychology.so

Thats it for me though

•••
•••
I pre-ordered. life.so and time.so both of them went into landrush and I got nothing.

•••
Insurance.so land rush auction ended at $115.

It' a shame it is not possible to register one and two character names. Hi.so would have been quite cool...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back