Domain Empire

poll Do you buy domain names at Flippa?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you acquire domain names from Flippa.com?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    14.7%
  • No

votes
    82.4%
  • I didn't know they sold domains only

votes
    2.9%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
I am interested to know, how many domain name investors are buying / hunting for domain names over at Flippa?

After reading a few threads on NamePros, I was considering highlighting some names for sale at Flippa, but is this somewhere that you are buying domain names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$10 later and my domain did not sell and hardly anyone looked at it. Perhaps its just the domain is a disaster, but its time to say good bye to Flippa.

•••
$10 later and my domain did not sell and hardly anyone looked at it. Perhaps its just the domain is a disaster, but its time to say good bye to Flippa.

At least you kept your domain. I've picked up domains on there for $1, not realising I was fleecing newbies with Flippa's help until I'd done it a few times and decided to list one myself. Ouch! The truth often hurts!

On the plus side, what bids Flippa generates have no relationship to value that I could discern. There are regulars on there gaming it and making good money for poor domains whilst some domains are going for nuts. Do a proper valuation of your domain and see if you can get something worthwhile for it elsewhere.

Never, ever, even in the big ones such as GD, IMHO, pay to enter a domain in an auction.

•••
Flippa is good for flipping mobile apps and high traffic websites not for domain names.

•••
Flippa is good for flipping mobile apps and high traffic websites not for domain names.

I did not buy so can not answer yes but I already sold domains at Flippa and like this site. But in deed it sees they shifted their main interest away from domains - if I made searches the "domains" category was set off.
Wonder what are good alternatives for fast flips?

•••
Flippa bidding was confusing and suspect. I almost forgot about Flippa until i saw this thread.

•••
They also charge huge listing fees.

•••
Namepros has better names listed than Flippa.

•••
I used to buy names @ Flippa 2012 to 2015 and brought quiet few liquid names for reasonable prices. But Flippa went a different direction recent years.

•••
flippa was a great place to buy and sell until they shifted their focus away from domains in 2017

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back