IT.COM

Does the Domain WTB section have serious buyers... or just time wasters..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mytreat

Account Closed
Impact
Looks to me many people who place domain wanted ads, are just looking for a great name that does not even exist at their desired price point. I see people with 100K to spend, but I rarely doubt they even purchase a single domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There might be some time wasters but most are serious buyers. You know the Chinese proverb: 'every community has a fair share of idiots.' :lol:

Last edited:
•••
I'd say there are serious buyers there, who place real ads - and have a real desire to buy.

But 1% or less, are the real serious ones. and not the mass looky-loos

•••
I think most of them are serious buyers... but some are time wasters... just wanting to waste time .....

But it seems like WTB posters rarely buys the domain.... they just want to get some ideas ..... :D

•••
Honestly i have sold quite a few domains through those posts. The trick is to provide domains that the poster asks for. If anything its the people that respond to the posts that waste time. I have been on the other side of things and honestly you get a lot of crap that does not even come close to what you ask for.

•••
I also sold some of my domains via WTB and bought some when placed ads. Except if I didn't get what I want at my price then I wouldn't buy. I don't really think there is a real issue though. Cheers

•••
What I would like is that we would once in see results at the end of those"names wanted" threads more often. Best would be domain and price, but second choice would be at least see what/if a domain is bought.
I do not know what the best way is to stimulate, but it would stimulate to submit domains more often and get a better idea whether the domains you offer in vain are priced too high, just not in line with what the buyer wanted or just a "fake" buyer fishing for ideas/information.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back