NameSilo

question Does Wise.com, Daaz.com, or Dan.com not harvest unnecessary personal data?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sam1234

Top Member
Impact
I won an auction on here for $400. The guy listed these 3 payment methods, plus Escrow.com, as acceptable. The seller chose Escrow.com for me, and Escrow.com wanted to charge me a $12 payment fee that (I guess) I was supposed to know I would be on the hook for somehow because Escrow was listed as a payment method on the listing? So I went to pay this, but then they wanted an ID scan and other documents. I have an account with Escrow.com and I've purchased through them before, so it's not like I'm a stranger. I just bought something on eBay for $400 and Paypal took my money no problem, done in 10 seconds. Never interrupted the process to ask for anything extra. I don't think Escrow.com asked for this info a year ago or whenever I last used them. I don't know what makes Escrow.com feel entitled to harvest my personal info over $400. So I'm hoping one of these other 3 services is less shady and doesn't collect this info. Does anyone know?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The answer was Daaz
So are you saying that someone recommended Daaz for being less intrusive? Are they also as reliable then for the sellers?
The key is likely the balance of verification requirements, speed, and reliability of the transactions.
Sorry to hear about your challenges with Escrow.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back