Dynadot

Domain.io - The Portfolio Dashboard (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aoxborrow

Twitter: @aoxborrowUpgraded Member
Impact
Hello Domain Pros!

For the past year I have been building Domain.io to be the portfolio management tool I always wanted. My portfolio is only around 400 domains but it was such a mess, strewn across so many registrars and marketplaces. I wanted to manage all my pricing in one place, a single source of truth, and I wanted my ALL my verification TXT records to be automatically added with one set of nameservers. Whether you use the nameservers and landers or not, Domain.io is gonna help you reach maximum exposure for your portfolio.

When I first brought my entire portfolio together into Domain.io, I was surprised to see that less than 50% was actually listed on all three of Afternic/Sedo/Dan. I knew I had been lazy about updating listings, but I had no idea how bad it was. Now I am at 92% listed for each market, and November and December have been my best months ever by far. Below is what I did to get there.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.40.45.png

1. First I went to every domain registrar where I own names and exported a list of all my names. This ensures my initial working list is 100% clean and up to date with no expired or sold domains. Optional: While I was logged into each registrar I also set the nameservers for all my domains to ns1.domain.io and ns2.domain.io, so I can use the Domain.io landers and Bulk DNS.

2. Once I had gathered all my registrar export files, I just imported them directly into Domain.io, one after another. If you click the big "Add Domains" button there is a "Bulk Importer" option. From there you can import just about any spreadsheet -- I have tested with dozens of registrars and marketplaces. Once all my domains were in Domain.io I carefully went through and set BIN and minimum offer prices.

ScreenShot 2021-09-29 at 21.51.55.png

3. Now with my freshly updated portfolio I was ready to hit the aftermarkets. On the Domain.io Markets page, there are three separate Export buttons, each specifically tailored for Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I exported a fresh file for each market and promptly wiped all my accounts entirely clean. I highly recommend this, it felt great! There were so many long gone, expired, poorly priced, and sold domains in my accounts, it would have taken weeks to sort them all out. I uploaded the fresh new spreadsheets to each of Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. If you don't want to wipe your account clean, be sure to use the "reconcile" options when uploading your portfolio. Because my domains were using Domain.io nameservers with TXT verification configured, they were all verified quickly. It is of course easy to monitor your listing status from within the Domain.io dashboard.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.52.16.png

Domain.io can do a lot more, but this core benefit of getting my portfolio fully syndicated with consistent pricing has been the biggest difference maker so far.

Some other fun features are:

Seriously Awesome Bulk Management Tools
Whether it's 20 or 20,000 domains you are updating, Domain.io can handle it.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 14.28.48.png

Ridiculously Configurable Payment Options
You can configure your BIN and contact buttons exactly how you want them using button rules and custom fields. Our Dan.com integration means 5% commission on BIN checkouts directly from the lander.

FDDEgdjVkAg-ZO1.jpeg

FDDF4mgUUAAurbe.jpeg

HOW ABOUT ALL THE BUTTONS SIR? (not recommended!)
FDDEiyXVgAUW4qQ.jpeg

We're just getting started. Try Domain.io free for 30 days, no credit card required, and let me know what you think!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can also confirm that I did not get a reply from Domain.io for many days.
It is a pity as it could be a good website but for in many ways is very unprofessional.

•••
The issue with duplicate names is proving ownership – I can't allow two people to add the same domain to their account, there is only one landing page. So the best solution is using a unique 3rd nameserver to ...
@aoxborrow - Why not allow two people to add the same domain to their account? At minimum you should still allow a "sold" domain to remain in the original sellers account for display in the revenue section, even if the new owner uses your platform and relists the domain. I don't see any harm in allowing duplicate names across accounts, since only one user would be able to list the domain on a marketplace or otherwise control the domain. But I do see a benefit in allowing it. Names should not just disappear from someone's account if another user has added it.

•••
I'm having trouble getting Domain.io to sync with Sedo "make offer" domains. First when I export a Sedo upload file from Domain.io I had to change "BUY_NOW" to "MAKE_OFFER" before uploading to Sedo. Then after uploading the corrected file, Sedo will correctly show the minimum offer. However, Domain.io will not import the Sedo pricing of "make offer" domains into the Sedo column of the Markets page. Instead it shows a warning for pricing issues with a Sedo listing price of "none". I'm curious to know if anyone else is seeing this issue.

•••
I do it all manually. Find Aaron on twitter faster prob imo. Or Support@ domain.io

•••
@aoxborrow - Why not allow two people to add the same domain to their account? At minimum you should still allow a "sold" domain to remain in the original sellers account for display in the revenue section, even if the new owner uses your platform and relists the domain. I don't see any harm in allowing duplicate names across accounts, since only one user would be able to list the domain on a marketplace or otherwise control the domain. But I do see a benefit in allowing it. Names should not just disappear from someone's account if another user has added it.

I agree the domain should remain in original seller's account for accounting. The issue with duplicate domains will be resolved by upcoming ownership verification nameserver. Domains that are marked Sold by previous owner will not require verification by new owner. Without ownership verification, I don't know which account should control the landing page.

•••
I'm having trouble getting Domain.io to sync with Sedo "make offer" domains. First when I export a Sedo upload file from Domain.io I had to change "BUY_NOW" to "MAKE_OFFER" before uploading to Sedo. Then after uploading the corrected file, Sedo will correctly show the minimum offer. However, Domain.io will not import the Sedo pricing of "make offer" domains into the Sedo column of the Markets page. Instead it shows a warning for pricing issues with a Sedo listing price of "none". I'm curious to know if anyone else is seeing this issue.

This is most likely because you need to enable offers on Buy Now domains in Sedo. For Sedo this is an account-wide setting, not per individual domain. See below screenshot of the setting to change.

ScreenShot 2023-08-14 at 17.51.33.png

I looked at one of your domains and it doesn't actually have a BIN price at Sedo, it has the weird thing that Sedo does called "Seller's asking price" which doesn't allow buyers to actually buy it and is pretty useless IMO.

ScreenShot 2023-08-14 at 17.56.13.png

•••
I like this platform, however we can't get the ssl certificates to update the last few days

•••
Update as in pre existing domains or new additions?
Pm him the issue and it might magically get fixed.

•••
New additions the last few days, thanks for the tip, will PM

Last week it was just taking a few hours

I was seriously looking at this platform for portfolio management

Will also give Efty a try, I don't want visitors visiting landers without ssl as this gets flagged in some browsers

Last edited:
•••
I like this platform, however we can't get the ssl certificates to update the last few days

Sorry, the SSL system is creating certs again. You're right it was down the last few days, I had changed something and it wasn't working like I expected. Should be fixed now, might need a few hours to catch up.

•••
Thanks for the quick response

•••
Are there people using domain.io? Have you sold domain names using "Buy with Dan.com" button? I am a new member of domain.io and I am now parking all my domain names there. I was curious if this worked for other domainers. Here what my landing page looks like: cepm.eu . Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Last edited:
•••
Edit to get rid of “ the domain name” on opening line so that sentence is one line
Cepm,eu is for sale!
You can do a lot with these landers, takes time. Add contact owner button is a suggestion

•••
Quite quiet. Wanted to say thanks for dropping the price.
Your system has its quirks and quarks, but still by far the best landers around imo, domain management is a breeze. No one is tighter than I am, but this worth every american penny
I see some new columns, good good. Look forward to them being fully functional.

•••
Totally gnarly dude. I see the column showing where the domain is parked is starting to populate.
Not picking up on the .ca yet.
Online column, I guess your system runs a check ever so often. once per 24 hours
I really would like to see the domains column stationary , so when I scroll right to see all the columns, even as far as nameservers, I cant see the domain name. High priority with so many columns
Template, says use bulk for existing domains. There is still only 1 template and another member and i had a vote and its unanomous, need more customization background colors or add image.
I did add a logo to a lander today, I remember sizing issues before but it looks as sweet as it tasted

Site: domain name search at google is 10/10
I counted how many letters google puts in description, and nailed that perfectly with the body/description area content I can add in bulk or individually for each name.

Tried to manually refresh a .ca to see if parking spots would fill up. Nope. Says last checked one week
Tried with .xyz manual refresh did work, last checked 8s ago
One .ca is still running its course, but i do see redirects for .ca working, not all.

Well... I could have saved us a lot of time by checking the box next to domains, highlighting the entire list and doing a bulk refresh dns. That filled in all the blanks i think, the scrolling right and left all the time making me a tad dizzy so close shop for the night and see how nice and shiny it looks in the morning.
More high quality search engine optimized original content by the master himself I hope this helps

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I've reduced the subscription pricing significantly across all plans, some as much as 60%. I migrated all existing subscriptions to the new cheaper pricing. This is part of a larger strategy to scale the service and move towards more usage-based pricing, with free/pro tiers.

The major development I finally completed is the complete revamp of DNS infrastructure. It will allow me to do all the neat things that were blocked before, like NS3 owner verification nameserver, fast SSL certs, full custom DNS support. When you use the ns1.domain.io nameservers, it shows a parking page immediately, the old system had an annoying delay. Now you can update DNS records across 100k domains in a few minutes. PowerDNS 🤌

I have have changed and improved the parking checks. I just fixed some issues that were causing some checks not to complete, so feel free to refresh all your domains. Now it will try to determine what parking service you are using based on nameservers. It will check if your domain is live and responding, check if SSL is working, check if DNSSEC is enabled, and show if your lander redirects. These all are checked regardless if your domain is parked at Domain.io. So it's more useful for finding domains across your entire portfolio that aren't working correctly. I plan to flag these and other issues like expired domains to more easily surface them. Yes, most checks are on 24/hrs, although it's more frequent (every few hours) in the first few days after adding a domain to catch any changes.

Making the domain column stationary would be nice. I also plan to add settings for what columns and page size, etc. And of course finally ship the Public Portfolio/white label market, new Template features, AI goodies, Sales/Financial dashboard, etc. etc. Got big plans! :D

Totally gnarly dude. I see the column showing where the domain is parked is starting to populate.
Not picking up on the .ca yet.
Online column, I guess your system runs a check ever so often. once per 24 hours
I really would like to see the domains column stationary , so when I scroll right to see all the columns, even as far as nameservers, I cant see the domain name. High priority with so many columns
Template, says use bulk for existing domains. There is still only 1 template and another member and i had a vote and its unanomous, need more customization background colors or add image.
I did add a logo to a lander today, I remember sizing issues before but it looks as sweet as it tasted

Site: domain name search at google is 10/10
I counted how many letters google puts in description, and nailed that perfectly with the body/description area content I can add in bulk or individually for each name.

Tried to manually refresh a .ca to see if parking spots would fill up. Nope. Says last checked one week
Tried with .xyz manual refresh did work, last checked 8s ago
One .ca is still running its course, but i do see redirects for .ca working, not all.

Well... I could have saved us a lot of time by checking the box next to domains, highlighting the entire list and doing a bulk refresh dns. That filled in all the blanks i think, the scrolling right and left all the time making me a tad dizzy so close shop for the night and see how nice and shiny it looks in the morning.
More high quality search engine optimized original content by the master himself I hope this helps

Last edited:
•••
I'm having a few minor issues with domain.io so I submitted several help requests yesterday. What's the turnaround time like these days?

•••
I'm having a few minor issues with domain.io so I submitted several help requests yesterday. What's the turnaround time like these days?
I replied to everything, let me know if you have more details on the Captcha issue, I am not able to reproduce.

•••
I replied to everything, let me know if you have more details on the Captcha issue, I am not able to reproduce.
Thank you! I have replied back with details.

•••
Anyone know how to download all domains within our Domain.io account WITH the pricing from Afternic INCLUDED in the spreadsheet? I'm trying to align pricing to be the same on both Afternic and Dan. When I download a CSV it does not include the column with Afternic prices. How is that done?

•••
Landing pages look down at the moment

Update: Was down for me for about 20 mins, but seems back now

Last edited:
•••
Anything new here? Any updates? 🙂

•••
No updates. Landers loading 100%
No big cookie
If it aint broke dont fix it. Just paid for a year so impressed. I can even add other peoples names and monitor them at the BIG 3. I dont but names I droop i can sea if someone else reggae them

•••
No updates. Landers loading 100%
No big cookie
If it aint broke dont fix it. Just paid for a year so impressed. I can even add other peoples names and monitor them at the BIG 3. I dont but names I droop i can sea if someone else reggae them
Yeah, I hear ya. But I would still like some simple cosmetic changes... like the ability to change the background color, text color and button colors.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back