Dynadot

Domains on ExpiredDomains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bhanu Kiran

Established Member
Impact
Why are there so many Crappy and Shitty Domains on ExpiredDomains ? Like 98% Dont even make any Sense even tough i Choose English in the options . How come such Domain names were live Once and dropped ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why are there so many Crappy and Shitty Domains on ExpiredDomains ? Like 98% Dont even make any Sense even tough i Choose English in the options . How come such Domain names were live Once and dropped ?
You already answered your own question !
Crappy and shitty end up expired & dropped .

•••
Crappy and shitty end up expired & dropped .
But why would anyone Register Such Domains in the First place and build websites on them ? Sooo Many Domains

Last edited:
•••
But why would anyone Register Such Domains in the First place and build websites on them ? Sooo Many Domains
Mistakes, Dumb people, SEO spamming domains automatically generated, etc.
"build websites on them": Registration is enough. There wasn't necessarily any website on them.

Last edited:
•••
I've wondered this too, and I'm sure we're both talking about the really ridiculous ones, like jibberish letters and numbers registered in sequence. It really makes no sense sometimes.

My theory is they were C&C servers for botnets or something else nefarious. They appear to have been registered in bulk and are basically random.

For example, there used to be a website called McDumpals that was for selling stolen credit cards. They would assign each user of their website a random domain with which to access the hidden TOR/onion service. I've never seen it in person of course but Krebs On Security wrote about it.

Otherwise I'm like you - totally stumped.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back