Domain Empire

DomainSponsor Sucks - They stole my whole month earnings [with sceenshot]

NameSilo
Watch
DomainSponsor Sucks - they stole my earnings
----------

I am a member of DomainSpondor Since September 2007.

On 8 Mar 2011, I discovered DomainSponsor changed my account to "NO PAY" without reason again. [Related post]

I send them a couple of e-mail, but none of them got responsed. I made a couple of phone call, but my account manager (scott.barstow) telephone number never can be reached.

On 30 Mar 2011, I discovered domainsponsor changed my account status to 'pay' again, and I think everything will be fine, although they have a terrible customer support.

Today, I got the 1 Feb 2011 to 31 Mar 2011 payment, but they used the Revenue Adjustments to steal my whole month earnings. [with sceenshot]

ds_steal_earnings.gif

What Should I do right now? Call DomainSponsor is not seem to be work!

Regards,

Kam

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Kam,

I cannot speak on behalf of DomainSponsor, but considering I run a domain parking service I can help you understand a bit about the industry.

It is likely that were charged back from Google (which is DomainSponsor's upstream provider) for "fraudulent traffic". You are probably ready to say that your traffic was not fraudulent, and yes - I agree. There are many many instances where Google misidentifies fraudulent traffic. All it takes is some fluke where the same user clicks on ads enough times across a multitude of your domains for them to be flagged for all revenue going back 1-3 months.

It is likely that DomainSponsor has too many accounts to keep track of and no personnel to really get to know their users closely. Therefore, they probably just rely on the data from Google and go by what Google says, which is fine but not 100% accurate.

Having said that, you have options:

1. Switch to Bodis.com, especially with the RPMS you get at DomainSponsor you should be making more at Bodis.

2. I already read your message, know who you are, and know what to expect. Therefore, rest assured you wouldn't have this issue on Bodis unless something was REALLY sketchy and questionable with your traffic, which I doubt it is. We have our fraud system on our end. We have legit users (including my own domains) that get charged back all the time - I never close my own account because of it and don't deduct from my users unless it is a huge issue. Otherwise, almost every account would have a deduction.

So this is your option. Also, you can PM me your domains at DomainSponsor so I can get a closer look. It is likely that they are now banned and making much less if the upstream provider did a chargeback on them.

•••
it is possible google charges back for any reason. parking providers do the adjustments according to the revenue from upstream. Sometimes one day revenue can be adjust to zero to compensate the overpaid revenue in the previous days. some parking provider uses algorithms to make the revenue line seems smooth. But the total revenue is still the same or nearest to the amount calculated based on the preset split rate.

You should ask them to give an explanation. But DS may or may not know the reason.

•••
Which Upstream Provider(s) does Bodis use?

How does Bodis compare vs domainsponsor and parked.com?

Hi Kam,

I cannot speak on behalf of DomainSponsor, but considering I run a domain parking service I can help you understand a bit about the industry.

It is likely that were charged back from Google (which is DomainSponsor's upstream provider) for "fraudulent traffic". You are probably ready to say that your traffic was not fraudulent, and yes - I agree. There are many many instances where Google misidentifies fraudulent traffic. All it takes is some fluke where the same user clicks on ads enough times across a multitude of your domains for them to be flagged for all revenue going back 1-3 months.

It is likely that DomainSponsor has too many accounts to keep track of and no personnel to really get to know their users closely. Therefore, they probably just rely on the data from Google and go by what Google says, which is fine but not 100% accurate.

Having said that, you have options:

1. Switch to Bodis.com, especially with the RPMS you get at DomainSponsor you should be making more at Bodis.

2. I already read your message, know who you are, and know what to expect. Therefore, rest assured you wouldn't have this issue on Bodis unless something was REALLY sketchy and questionable with your traffic, which I doubt it is. We have our fraud system on our end. We have legit users (including my own domains) that get charged back all the time - I never close my own account because of it and don't deduct from my users unless it is a huge issue. Otherwise, almost every account would have a deduction.

So this is your option. Also, you can PM me your domains at DomainSponsor so I can get a closer look. It is likely that they are now banned and making much less if the upstream provider did a chargeback on them.

•••
•••
•••
Traffic TQ Issue? May account for adjustment. Just spouting out though... It would account for the lower RPC... (being discounted for low quality traffic.) Are you buying traffic, ie arbing your pages?

•••
I don't think it's charged back from google nor Traffic TQ Issue.
Because my domainsoinsor earnings is generate from a group of domains [100+], not a few of domains. Therefore, used the Revenue Adjustments to charge back my whole month earnings is ridiculous.

DomainSponsor NEVER answer my phone call and NEVER reply my e-mail, I have no idea how to reach them.

•••
If it's earning good $$$ with parking then why didn't you develop it?

•••
I heared that ds is doing good.
Trying to get an account there, get get approved, sorry my portfolio

•••
Can domain sponsor convert chinese traffic?

•••
...I've two domains that make about 30-40 uniques/day (from 3 years sedopro, namedrive), this month I put the domains on domainsponsor, for firt 12 days makes same uniques/rev. from a day to another 2-3 visits/day and no revenues, until today?!?!....I move one to sedo and it makes always 30-40 vis./day....

•••
I can say you can go with Google Domain Parking, as you will get revenue without any cuts from these third party companies like Domain Sponser and others and at least you can get some response from G.

•••
I have to admit, I have had the similar experience with Kam. They are still owing me last months payment and my account is on no-pay status. It's really impossible to get in touch with anyone there.

I have emailed them 4 times now inquiring about payment and called the Account Manager number provided (which I assume is the same as Kam's) multiple times with no answer. They do not return your calls either.

Customer service is non-existent, neither is payment... I really don't know what to say. I have many domains parked with other providers, i.e. parked.com and TrafficZ and they treat me with respect and I get payment on time, every time.

I'll wait till next month and if they don't pay me, I'll be moving all my domains.

I hope there is a DS rep here. If you see this, please can you contact me at your earliest convenience as I would like to get this resolved :)

•••
How many domains you have?

Parking at bodis.com strictly dominate parking at domainsponsor.com

Parked.com is also a good option.

At dopa at least I can say I am happy with customer service and they pay me my $800. They pay low for chinese visitors but they pay something and they pay. Parked.com now pays well for chinese. I've heard bad things about domainsponsor.com a lot. I would recommend bodis all the way.

Chinese->bodis (if bodis do serve surf your domain in china, parked).
The rest->bodis.

Things go wrong, they just change feed provider to secondary and only very few of my domains face such fate. I wonder why my self.

Last edited:
•••
ADjusting your revenue into a negative cashflow looks a bit shady to me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back