IT.COM

Dotster - $1 domains HAPPY HOUR

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you guys already know this:

On Tuesday, the 14th between 4pm est until 5pm est Dotster.com is giving away $1 domains (limit 1 per order, but you can make unlimited orders). Any COM/NET/ORG domain can be registered.

ENJOY

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
slaughterbeck said:
If this is true then I really do believe this was a shoddy promotional attempt by Dotster to drum up some chatter at the expense of domain prospectors.
Agree. I'm more soured to them than I was before. Poor planning on their part. Closed out the browser.

•••
I can't even load the site... lmao

•••
Bartender: Drinks are free but only until we close in five minutes,you must pay in rubles,one drink per customer,until the 5 drinks are poured.Make sure to tell all your
freinds about sdtraders bar and coin laundry.

•••
All this managed to do is make me sure I don't want anything to do with their company. Time to get on with something rewarding like rearranging my sock drawer.

•••
Cool, thanks for the heads up! :)

•••
Not loading for me :(

Oh well, it's only like $5 off anyway.

•••
Man there site is damn slow.

I am not even able to open the pages and if they do then dont go further.
Waited for so long and looks no use.

•••
Dotster IS going to Extend the offer.

•••
retstod said:
Let us know when you have more info. Thanks :wave:

•••
abhinav, westblock, bluemouse2, dusk, yandig, sdtrader, mattchapman, Constantin, maroulis, Domain123, laser, onlinebroker, downloadfreak, nts, Mystic, XDuncan, Humdizzy, webmasterinfo, Prosperous, cervantez, Ammudamus, 3GN Media, SoapTaco, localpub, Sarcle.com, swimjenni, Gregoire

People simultanously viewing same thread lol
Cool
Dotster suceeded in promoting there name now

•••
its about 4 42 right now , and i'm trying to go to the dotster website to reg a few domains(this price is ridiculous), but their site is not even loading, so maybe their are experiencing an overload. kind of sad

•••
Site was fine til 3:59.59
LOL
I wonder if this is all a scam?
Has anyone regged a name?
:?:
PS:This is really peculiar, b/c the login screen comes up fine, and the script on the main page seems to be running fine (in fact the clock seems TOO fast!), but no chance of getting past either of those screens!

Last edited:
•••
retstod said:
Who said this to u?

I dont hope so..

•••
Its going to extend for 1 more hour.
Once the 1000 are sold out (which they aren't yet) - domains will be $5.99 for the next hour.

•••
It takes about 10 minutes to load one page. And they are slick. They make the registration for 2 years so you have to change it to 1 before regging to get the happy hour special.

•••
I think their site just got overloaded. Maybe they will come back with the offer and extend it over a day or so to alleviate the traffic level.

•••
I knew I shouldn't have told you lot about this....I can't get in to reg any names myself! :lol:

Oh well, maybe I'll get in during the extension.

Fun times!

•••
mrfike said:
Site was fine til 3:59.59
LOL
I wonder if this is all a scam?
Has anyone regged a name?
:?:

I am trying my level best but damn its browser fault or what whenever I am reaching the stage to give login id there is stops and not goes forward.

Anyone complete any registration?

•••
Just this once, I'll bite.

Unfortunately it's loading up pretty slow for me.

•••
The site is too overwhelmed. :(

•••
I understand that it’s a promotion but what’s troubling to me is to not have at least some reasonable disclosure when it comes to this type of advertising “Happy Hour” okay, it translates well but let your customers (the domain community ) have, at least some idea of what to expect.

•••
•••
@slaughterbeck

your are truely rite :)

I am sick of this offer now

•••
I managed to get 4 in a hour... looking back I'd rather pay $5 a domain at godaddy then mess with this company

•••
damn, did people get multiples? I was planning on reg'ing over 100 :/ . This blows.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back