IT.COM

Dotster - $1 domains HAPPY HOUR

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you guys already know this:

On Tuesday, the 14th between 4pm est until 5pm est Dotster.com is giving away $1 domains (limit 1 per order, but you can make unlimited orders). Any COM/NET/ORG domain can be registered.

ENJOY

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SoapTaco said:
Woah!

I just checked my paypal and every domain I registered that said $1.00 in the cart was charged at 14.95.

Anyone else?

I think this is how they are able to afford the $1 prices.

•••
DJ-Sound said:
looks like you jumped the gun before they changed the homepage, or didn't change the 2 year selection to 1 year. At least I hope so, they might have just scammed 100's of people.

YEP! MINE SHOWS $14.95 BUT THE CART SHOWED $1.00!

•••
YIKES! if this is my case I'll defently be doing a chargeback and submitting a fruad complait.

I didn't use paypal so I'll have to call my bank and talk for a hour to see if they did that to me...

•••
CancerDailyDotCom said:
YEP! MINE SHOWS $14.95 BUT THE CART SHOWED $1.00!
I'm glad I wasn't able to get any then :(

•••
You can still reg for $1.00 you just need to trashcan the "after happy hour" coupon, and use the original "happyhour1" code!!!
Just regged
CottonChoices.com

•••
mrfike said:
You can still reg for $1.00 you just need to trashcan the "after happy hour" coupon, and use the original "happyhour1" code!!!
Just regged
CottonChoices.com

After what I just witnessed I think I'll squeeze blackheads instead. :imho:

•••
I just talked to customer care. They say that they authorize $14.95 but only $1.00 will actually be withdrawn. To get the $13.95 available in your account again it will take a few bank business days.

•••
Well I think that they will do a reversal and charge 1.00 I hear that is how it is sometimes with coupons.

If not this will turn their PR stunt into a nightmare for them.

•••
mrfike said:
Just regged
CottonChoices.com

I get "Coupon has already been spent"

•••
I didn't get any domains but I did get up to the final ordering step and they still charged me!!! They declined my card and all, but still charged me 14.95. I am pissed off.

I got these even though they declined my card each time.

Last edited:
•••
•••
DJ-Sound said:
YIKES! if this is my case I'll defently be doing a chargeback and submitting a fruad complait.

I didn't use paypal so I'll have to call my bank and talk for a hour to see if they did that to me...

is this happy hour in the land of TGTBT? 8-X

•••
mrfike said:
Just regged
CottonChoices.com
"Coupon has already been spent"

•••
This seems to be a case of "you get what you pay for."

As an alternate example, even though companies like iPower and 1&1 have cheap domain registration prices, the general consensus seems to be "STAY AWAY."

Just my thoughts :)

•••
XDuncan said:
HERE IS THE LOGIC BEHIND THIS

--

People post this on forums. They get free publicity. The site is so trafficed for 1 hour that NO names are regged.

yea i agree ... probably a slow time of day for regs anyhow, so they figure the publicity can do nothing but help in the long run.

•••
What are the odds of seeing a ton of dotster domains for sale soon in the marketplace? :wave:

•••
Damn, I can't believe I missed this! Congrats to those that were able to take advantage of this offer. :tu:

•••
I predict NEXT YEAR + 45 days (April 07) from today.
Big expire domain list yikes ;)

•••
Shan said:
Damn, I can't believe I missed this! Congrats to those that were able to take advantage of this offer. :tu:

Be glad you missed it.

•••
Humdizzy said:
Be glad you missed it.

That's exactly what I was thinking :)

•••
Even though it really sucked, I did get 4 dot coms for $4.

•••
hiweb said:
Humdizzy said:
Be glad you missed it.

That's exactly what I was thinking :)
Thats what I thought that thank god.

Since didnt got charged and didnt got domain
Both ways.
"joh hua acha hua"

•••
It was kind of like watching Geraldo uncovering the contents of Capone's vault LIVE in front of millions...for those of you who remember that fiasco...

•••
Anyone who got through will see a "pending" authorization for $14.95 for each transaction. This will be cleared and the purchases will be at $1 or $5.95 respectively. The credit card companies won't do much about it until it clears anyway.
The "authorization" is much like when you go out to a retaurant, and your bill is $20, you will likely see an auth. for $30-$35. I managed restaurants for 12 years, and nearly every day, someone would call me screaming that they'd been overcharged. Normally, I'd explain, get some contact info and confirm with them during the next day or two- that they were only charged the sale amount.
This is what people are seeing go through to their credit/debit/bank accounts, AUTHORIZATIONS.
Plus,if Dotster was ignorant enough to overcharge 1,000+ purchases, do you think they'd ever see a penny of that $$$ in cash?

•••
Well I did call up... They did charge me an weren't planning on giving me my name because they did infact charge me and they thought everything went through. The tech support got me my name for 1 dollar and my 13.95 in my debit account.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back