Domain Empire

Dynadot STEALING DOMAINS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just logged in and got this info
maybe one of these will help
-------------------------------------
Email
[email protected]
Fax
+1-415-869-2893
Address
PO Box 345
San Mateo, CA 94401
US
Office Hours
Monday - Saturday
9am - 6pm PST

Phone support is available Mon-Sat, 9am-6pm PST.

+1-866-652-2039 (toll free)
+1-650-585-1961

----------------------------------------

I tried to alert them to a scammer that was all over their site
and sent several messages to them,
no response at all!

•••
I can tell you from personal experience that Dynadot does not steal domains.

What you may have to do is call their support line during normal business hours. They may ask you to fax a copy of your driver's license, and then they will unlock your account.

If anything, they're showing that they actually keep domains secure, though I realize how anger-inducing this is for you.

•••
That's unfortunate. Definitely do call them to clear the misunderstanding.

•••
Yea .... I'm not sure using multiple IP addresses
to send your emails from was the best move after
the account was flagged. Multiple loggin failers
will trigger a lock in many places. A quick phone
call as was suggested by nightshadpro should be
the answer.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out ....
I have names there as well ..... :O

NN

•••
that's a bold claim.

Dynadot one of the most secure and trusted registrars

why would they risk their reputation over your domain name?

•••
that's a bold claim.

Dynadot one of the most secure and trusted registrars

why would they risk their reputation over your domain name?

I agree, Very Bold statement. I have 50 or so names with them, I have never had a problem to date.

Keep us posted RickM

•••
dynadot is clean as a whistle IMO,

good security if they lock the account due to login failures,

better to have verified by mobile also.
a call should settle the issue,
:talk:

•••
legal [at] dynadot <.> com <---------- try this

Tho IMO ... Dynadot is one of the best registrar out there, both security and client-wise.
I am 99.99% sure it will be ok.

I understand your frustration here but your title is overreacting.

Chill it ;) and make a call.

•••
If email hasn't worked,

then I would call, I find that all registrars are very receptive to customers when you make a call. If your account was locked that may be the reason why emailing them isn't working, I would pick up the phone and call.

•••
RickM: Please post an update to let us know what is happening. If you still feel the same way and cannot get an answer, PM me and I will call them for you. I don't like seeing their reputation questioned, but if there is more than just a communication problem I sure as hell want to know about it.

•••
I've got 1 domain with Dynadot.com and it's due for renewal next month.

Last week I went to login only to be told someone had tried logging in with an incorrect password too many times, and that I must email [email protected] to get it reset.

A week later, I've sent no less than 10 emails. My account is STILL locked.

I decided to try creating a new account and posting on the forums. I get as far as writing out the message, hit 'add post' and it then comes up saying 'your posting privileges have been revoked'. What the hell?!

I'm an ordinary guy who owns websites. Not a spammer, fraudster, etc. There is no possible reason why legally I should have my account locked out.

Dynadot are ignoring ALL communication (Tried emailing from 6 different email accounts, all in different locations, with different providers) and have STOLEN my account and domain.

I've filed an ICANN report however knowing ICANN that wont accomplish a single thing.

Has anyone else had problems with Dynadot? Better yet, does anyone have alternative email addresses?

You may have heard of a new invention that prevents problems such as this.............its called the telephone. :bingo:

•••
We value our clients.

We would like to apologize for the miscommunication. We attempted to reply to your emails but unfortunately the email address you gave us was inaccurate causing our emails to bounce back. We value our clients and strive to produce superior customer service. Our customer service representatives individually respond to every email we receive to give you customized service. For more immediate support our Phone support is available Mon-Sat, 9am-6pm PST.
+1-650-585-196

•••
Looks like the problem is resolved.

Always make sure that the Email adress on file is accurate.

•••
Today I logged into one of our accounts at Dynadot and found that all the domains in that account (except for 1) were missing. The Whois still shows us as the registrant but the domains have vanished. I sent Dynadot an email and will be following up with ICANN as this is very very strange!

•••
crazydomaindeals,
Please keep us updated about this. I'm now worried about the safety of my Dynadot domains.

Why and how did this happen? I would like to know the details about this when you find out.

You could give them a call tomorrow. Their phone number is here:
http://www.dynadot.com/company/contact.html

Last edited:
•••
Im suprised nobody has said this but maybe a hacker achieved access in both cases forcing dynadot to make a decision to lock one of the accounts.
As when an account is hacked the sites administration has a legal obligation to lock the account until the real owner can verify themselves via any possible means of communication.

•••
Crazydomaindeals-

It appears that you have multiple accounts with us, one in which has multiple domain names and another which only has one. I would suggest double checking all of your accounts. In order for us to fully investigate the situation we need the names of domains that you believe are missing. One of our customer service representatives will be responding to your e-mail shortly to try to resolve the situation. For more immediate service feel free to call us at
+1-650-585-1961
We understand that this is a frustrating situation and want to help to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Dynadot

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back