IT.COM

news Dynadot to support INR payments but needs our PAN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just got an email from Dynadot stating that they are going to support INR payments but PAN is required to switch currency.
I dont see a reason why someone should submit their PAN details to a private company like Dynadot (which is just a Domain Registrar and not a payment wallet approved by RBI to ask for PAN info).
Even GoDaddy accepts payments in local currency (Net banking etc.) but PAN is not required.

If Dynadot makes this mandatory for Indian users - I believe it would be detrimental to their Business as many users wont be comfortable to share their confidential financial info like PAN.
I hope they are going to support USD payments for Indian users (and not force to use INR payments).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for sharing your concerns, I raised the issue with our accounting team and they've advised that the PAN is required by our INR payment processor to validate the transaction, and Dynadot does not use this for any other purpose. This would only be required for INR payments, and you can still choose to use another currency such as USD if you prefer.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back