IT.COM

news eShares doesn't want the .com once they can afford it and rebrands to Carta

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
trusted-brand.png
In all honesty I’m pretty shocked about this one. If you haven’t heard of eShares let me drop a little knowledge before we continue since we’ve been a customer for years and I really like what they do. eShares (errr, Carta) allows startups to easily manage and grant equity all through a super slick, easy to use platform. They essentially led the charge in getting rid of paper in the entire startup fundraising process outside of the Term Sheet itself…which now gets signed with DocuSign so I guess that happened along the way too.
It’s an interesting move in two ways:
  1. Clearly not owning the exact-match .COM of their name didn’t hold them back. They raised over $67M and become the category leader by a massive margin without owning their corresponding.com
  2. By the time they probably had enough money to buy the .COM, their business had grown to a point where a rebrand was in order since they wanted to expand beyond the electronic issuance of shares
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back