Dynadot

Flippa is being ridiculous ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ahmedalimody

A.A.MEstablished Member
Impact
It starts when I woke up at 23 of March getting an email that my account is banned because Duplicate account of " domains2005 "
I just own one account and I also away from the domain industry for a while because my university. So I sent email to the support to ask for help and to let them know this is error.

Then I got this email
Hi,
Your account was banned due to multiple account operation in breach of our site rules.

Given your actions we will no longer permit you to use our marketplace or open or operate further accounts within our site.

We thank you for giving us a try but due to your actions it is not fair on our legitimate users or mutually beneficial to allow you to participate in our market.

I sent email swearing that I own one account, and then I thought that maybe the problem because my IP, So I sent another email trying to let them know that I am in University Dorms and over of 150 students have the same public IP here.

Then I received this email

Hi,
We are satisfied with our findings and the actions we have taken and will not be lifting the ban or allowing you to use our site further.

I tried again to have discussion because I know their rules and I followed it for 2 years now. I even asked to talk to their head but they also sent me the last email.

They didn't give me a chance to defend myself. My account was about $1k in transactions and 100% positive rating now is gone.

I also have thought of selling all my domains and get out of the industry because the most effective marketplace I have ever tried banned me for no reason... :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lots of people have had this issue resolved, maybe the other account is someone from your university did you go on flippa using their internet connection? If not then you have to try to prove how your account relates to this other one and why it is a mistake.

•••
@dbustin I told them I am in University dorms but they didn't ask me for a prove. And yes I have accessed Flippa from my University network and my home (dorms) network.
I have no idea how to find the other account's owner as his/her username is "domains2005"

They just kept informing me that they are satisfied by their actions!

•••
Flippa is one of the best marketplace to sell Domain names and websites. I have personally benefited a lot from Flippa. Their Customer Support is highly commendable and above board. They do consider and evaluate and reconsider several problems and always sort out amicably. I totally disagree your accusation that Flippa is ridiculous. If you are a genuine person, had no duplicate account, then you don't have to worry, just you need to prove your identity as per their requirements. They may ask you to send your picture holding your ID card.
Best regards.
Haroon

•••
In my previous transactions with them they were fine. But this last one they didn't show any respect to me and they didn't ask me for any prove or something....

•••
Reach out to Kevin Fink here on NamePros, sometimes tech support doesn't look at the bigger picture. Kevin should be able to address this effectively.

•••
Reach out to Kevin Fink here on NamePros, sometimes tech support doesn't look at the bigger picture. Kevin should be able to address this effectively.
Can you tag him please? as I didn't find him

•••
•••
@FlippaDomains Someone need your help. Please help him out when you get time and chance.

@ahmedalimody Flippa support staff is good. We need to submit all required documents by them. I have good experience with Flippa and I am happy with their support. There are several ways you can open support ticket on Flippa. I am not promoting Flippa. I am just sharing my experience with you.

Thanks

•••
@ahmedalimody ~ I'll need your Support Ticket ID to assist further. Would you prefer we dive into this in public, or via PM?

•••
@FlippaDomains here is the ticket number 282121

As you like public, PM, email....

Thanks for your reply :)

•••
@FlippaDomains here is the ticket number 282121

As you like public, PM, email....

Thanks for your reply :)

Hi Ahmed,

I've peeked behind the scenes and, trusting my Marketplace Integrity team who has spent some time on the matter, it appears you've opened various accounts with numerous aliases, with information linking all three; I am told it is "beyond reasonable doubt" and indisputable that these are your accounts. It goes way beyond an IP conflict in a dormitory, for instance.

•••
@FlippaDomains three ??

I would like you to check my recent activity which will be many months ago, except I did watch some intersting auctions.

I swear that I only have one account and ready to do anything that prove that.
And you please can tell me what information that linking all the three so I may see where the error is ?

Btw, long time ago you have also said I am having two accounts, but luckily the error was that I opened my account from my friend network and we both approved that each has his own account and the ban was lifted.

I will be thankful if you helped me in this.....
I really my first time to hear "domains2005" which you stated it's my other account!

•••
•••
•••

Unless there are three people named Ahmed Ali in the same dorm, using similar phone numbers and credit cards, then I'm not really able to help you further.

•••
My birth date is 03/12/1997
Which shows that I just turned 18 in the last December. Here in Egypt you can't own CC unless you're 18. So I am owning 1 Credit card which I never used in Flippa.
So, What did I used ?
In all my transaction through the Internet I made it through PayPal with the email stated in my account 'ahmedalimody'. My PayPal I think my friend used it one time through flippa as he wanted to buy something, I am not sure of that because it was long time ago.

I was living in KSA all my life untill June or July 2015 I moved here to Egypt for the university, So what do you mean with similar phone numbers ?
In KSA, the phone numbers starts with 05x, x is indicating the operator. 0,3,5 is owned for STC, 4,6 for Mobily, 7,8,9 is for Zain.

So there is nothing to do with similar mobile numbers. All of them is 10 figures and starts with 05x. and you can check your database for Saudi numbers.

And lastly, I am not fool enough to make three accounts holding the same name......

If you need any evidence, I am ready through PM only if it's personal any other will be public as you have chosen..

Thanks again

•••
•••
@FlippaDomains I have been waiting long time for your reply, I don't think we reached a point to stop the discussion at.

I appreciate your time, but really I am shocked by Flippa's action.

Furthermore, my friend Mohanned informed me that his account is banned for duplicating the account with mine!
We have before the same problem but I have sent my photo with my id and he did the same and you lifted the ban.

Now why we both have been in the same problem ? we have verified that we are two different people.
Check 181942 and 182191

I think here is the evidence that the mistake from your side !
btw, Mohannad is no longer working in the field

•••
Flippa is not the best place (not even in the top 10 either) for selling domains. Trust me, you don't need that account.

•••
Flippa is not the best place (not even in the top 10 either) for selling domains. Trust me, you don't need that account.
I have to add that the website and the app section is world class on Flippa. The domain section needs to be improved with more targeted marketing, in order to reach the biggest domain investors and/or endusers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back