Dynadot

Free domain at GoDaddy from Buy.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Steveh said:
It's one coupon per customer, Combs84.

I believe it would be best if it was not abused too heavily, as they will probably end the promotion if that happens.

Stephen

That's your opinion.

People are on record as applying for upwards to 100 accounts, they have more then likely just given away High XXXX domains..i'm going to get a few. :)

•••
combs84 said:
Yes it has worked...I just got my confirmation. I got a free domain..going off to get some more. JUMP ON THIS!

Looks like a great offer. REP added!

AmCy

•••
I think that it has worked for some people, although I am not sure if it has for any of the members here.
Please could anyone confirm this?

EDIT: Took ages for this to post, the last four or five posts weren't here when I started typing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
PRODUCT AVAILABILITY QTY PRICE SUBTOTAL

receive a Free GoDaddy domain with any Buy.com purchase. This offer is not compatible with any Buy.com coupon, special offer, or Instant Rebate N/A 1 $0.00 $0.00
NOT AVAILABLE!!!

•••
staskul said:
PRODUCT AVAILABILITY QTY PRICE SUBTOTAL

receive a Free GoDaddy domain with any Buy.com purchase. This offer is not compatible with any Buy.com coupon, special offer, or Instant Rebate N/A 1 $0.00 $0.00
NOT AVAILABLE!!!

Doesn't mean anything, it said that yesturday and I got mine.

•••
so did anyone get a free domain name yet?

•••
Mike_Wiseman said:
so did anyone get a free domain name yet?

Tons of people have. If you mean here..and other then me I don't know. I have mine though.

It takes a day to send and for some reason only 2-3 people did this yeaturday when i posted it from here.

•••
Yes, a couple of people have said so in previous posts ;)

•••
combs84 said:
Tons of people have. If you mean here..and other then me I don't know. I have mine though.

It takes a day to send and for some reason only 2-3 people did this yeaturday when i posted it from here.
I think more than 2-3 people did, the rest just didn't post about it :lol:

•••
Well, I got the coupon code and it worked, got a domain.

Has anyone tried using more than one code on the same account? I know they "say" one per customer, but they say a lot of things.

D

•••
Do they email the coupon to you or mail it to you?

Beucause I got the confirmation email but I'm still waiting for the coupon

•••
SrbShooter said:
Do they email the coupon to you or mail it to you?

Beucause I got the confirmation email but I'm still waiting for the coupon

They email it to you.

You get a purchase confirmation 10 minutes or so after you 'Buy" it..and then so far it takes till the next day for them to send you the coupon code through email to go to godaddy and get the free domain.

I can't imagine this will be available much longer.

•••
Yeah I ordered it at about midnight last night so hopefully it will come sometime today.

•••
I got my code.

I could create another account and get another, however that's not right, imho.

Stephen

•••
Steveh said:
I got my code.

I could create another account and get another, however that's not right, imho.

Stephen

Yeah it's tempting but I don't really want to cheat anybody.

•••
Got my code and my free domain! :D

Thank you for the wonderful info, combs84! Added rep! :D

•••
Momo said:
Got my code and my free domain! :D

Thank you for the wonderful info, combs84! Added rep! :D

Thanks! No prob, glad it's working for people. :|

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Looks horrible ;) But it's compatible with everything, so what more can I ask for? Unless the remote turns into a naked woman that walks over and bends over to turn the channel for me, I don't differentiate between anything else ;)

:lol:

================================

Anyway. I have to admit that I think it's funny how everybody turns into a scavenger for free domains or "loophole" domains. You'd think they were a bunch of homeless people getting free food (or booze).

BTW, people, this is stealing if you do not buy anything. You all would be p;issed and ranting if someone did tht in your online store. Just because buy.com did not cover their bases, it doesn't make it right.

Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting loophole. Thanks for sharing.

•••
I was wondering when the Moral police were going to show up and insult the people who took advantage of this.

•••
Update
GOT MY FREE DOMAIN!!

•••
Anyway. I have to admit that I think it's funny how everybody turns into a scavenger for free domains or "loophole" domains. You'd think they were a bunch of homeless people getting free food (or booze).

BTW, people, this is stealing if you do not buy anything. You all would be p;issed and ranting if someone did tht in your online store. Just because buy.com did not cover their bases, it doesn't make it right.

.. a voice of conscience and clarity was heard rising up amongst the trampling greedy crowd.

•••
I have to agree its more like stealing, the godaddy deals were not loosing godaddy any money, but this is stealing straight up.

•••
DJ-Sound said:
I have to agree its more like stealing, the godaddy deals were not loosing godaddy any money, but this is stealing straight up.

Right, I like how people pick and chose what is right and wrong. It's OK to get domains for $4 in a loophole, but not for free. It's OK to do it once..but not 3 times.

Buy.com has a certain # of domains to give away from a mutal business relationship. They left the code available to people who didn't buy anything. They can cancel it whenever they wish..we are not forcing them to give it to us. Yet they have been letting this slide for weeks/months now with similar things. If they really cared, they'd simply stop it from happening.
As for Godaddy..I NEVRR use Godaddy. When renewal time comes ext year...i'll more then likely do it. They aren't hurting to bad.

•••
Toolbox123 said:
I know better free domain people...

Yeah, you probably know the crappy .tk and stuff

These are PROPER TOP LEVEL DOMAINS for free.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back