NameSilo

Free domain at GoDaddy from Buy.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
bbakes25 said:
Good to see someone is actually buying from buy.com. I too just placed an order.....on 2 items though. 2 dvd's :) wish I could get a free domain everytime I bought dvd's lol
With all of the shopping I’ve done online in the past three months, I would probably have an additional 50 domains by now. That’s why I think this is a terrific promotion by GoDaddy and Buy.com. :tu:

•••
once you have the code, when does it expire?

When do they stop this promotion?

•••
Why would you people risk your reputation over a free domain? Getting it without buying anything is IMO a scam.
A system being vulnerable doesn't mean you should abuse it.
I do think GD will act upon this.

•••
legend2 said:
Why would you people risk your reputation over a free domain? Getting it without buying anything is IMO a scam.
A system being vulnerable doesn't mean you should abuse it.
I do think GD will act upon this.

My point stands again , why will the act if it's a buy.com bug ? They never acted on their PERSONAL loopholes, and IMO those "steal" way more.
I agree it's not fair , but i don't agree that this bug is such hardly acused and the loopholes welcomed...

•••
went to buy.com home page and it does not work for me , cant find the coupon code ?

•••
aussie said:
went to buy.com home page and it does not work for me , cant find the coupon code ?
simply because the code is died...

•••
•••
kevmacmeh said:
once you have the code, when does it expire?
Expires March 31, 2006.

•••
UPDATE!
THEY'VE CHANGED THE RULES!

You must purchase at least $0.79 worth products to have this coupon redeemed!

•••
I haven’t received my voucher yet and I placed my order on Saturday. I wonder if some abuse of the system hasn’t lead to an inquiry by the security officials at buy.com?

•••
AmD950 said:
UPDATE!
THEY'VE CHANGED THE RULES!

You must purchase at least $0.79 worth products to have this coupon redeemed!

Anyone find anything that costs 79 cents?

•••
cheapest thing is probably a music download at $0.99

•••
irishmat said:
cheapest thing is probably a music download at $0.99
some non popular music is sellig at 0.79
I did buy 1 for my free domain :)
and yet I DIDN'T RECIEVE MY CODE!
slaughterbeck said:
I haven’t received my voucher yet and I placed my order on Saturday. I wonder if some abuse of the system hasn’t lead to an inquiry by the security officials at buy.com?
hmmm btw can you remove the payment method at buy.com?
I feel kind of unsafe if I leave my credit card/paypal information there...

thanks in advance

Last edited:
•••
Got my redeem code and registered my domain :) Now if only I get my 2 dvd's soon lol....and darn site I went back later and bought another item...never been to that site before and then they offer this get an order for my free domain and then I go back later....gotta love the giveaway promotions lol

•••
Doesn't works for me.

But Maybe I would have not followed the steps exactly.

•••
slaughterbeck said:
Kimmy, I placed mine on Sunday and I haven't received any coupon either. I actually purchased something and have in the past so the coupon use was legitimate. It's ashame if all of the abusers made the promotion end early. There always has to be those few in every bunch who take advantage of an offer and blow it for everyone else. :(

•••
Chris said:
Kimmy, I placed mine on Sunday and I haven't received any coupon either. I actually purchased something and have in the past so the coupon use was legitimate. It's ashame if all of the abusers made the promotion end early. There always has to be those few in every bunch who take advantage of an offer and blow it for everyone else. :(

I feel so sorry that I am one of those who blew this promotion by purchasing a US$0.79 to US$2.00 music and use the coupon... :(

The worst thing is that... they only ship music internationally....
I wanted to buy the winky tinky (not reversed - tinky winky from idiobubbies) 8X DL DVD-R Spindle (a real bargain!)... but they don't ship to Hong Kong.

•••
AmD950 said:
I feel so sorry that I am one of those who blew this promotion by purchasing a US$0.79 to US$2.00 music and use the coupon... :(
I think Chris was referring to some who may have purchased no products, multiple times because the buy.com system seemed to allow it Alexander. IMO

-Kimmy

•••
Chris said:

I bought my items Sunday too and received my voucher code earlier Monday(the day I also received notice my items were on their way :) ) Maybe you should try and email Buy.com with your order # and they will probabally help you.

•••
Did anyone who didn't purchase an actual item get the coupon?

•••
I think the people who didn't purchase anything, but actually got the coupon did it when the offer first came out.

Does the $0.79 music download count as a purchase where I will get the coupon, or is the offer over?

•••
Got tipsed by SrbShooter here also gave him TR, unfortunally when I orderd the item at SATURDAY!! It still hasn't arived, oh well you can't cry about it.. Well I can if no one is watching ;)

•••
I ordered code at Saturday and didn't recived it!

•••
staskul said:
I ordered code at Saturday and didn't recived it!

Maybe their going through each order to see who ordered and who didnt. BTW got 1 of my shipments from Buy.com today...wow they process fast

•••
when I click to check out it says confirm your order and then goes back to the checkout page??

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back