Domain Empire

Free domain at GoDaddy from Buy.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So will buy.com verify all the coupons got with 0.00$ purchases and will go daddy go through all their registration with the coupons? I personally doubt it. It's buy.com loss, they purchased a number of registrations from godaddy , it's not GODADDY's fault , i doubt that they will take action.

•••
CKY said:
So will buy.com verify all the coupons got with 0.00$ purchases and will go daddy go through all their registration with the coupons? I personally doubt it. It's buy.com loss, they purchased a number of registrations from godaddy , it's not GODADDY's fault , i doubt that they will take action.
Actually, it’s a joint venture between the two companies. They both benefit from the promotion and split the difference.

•••
what does everyone think is gonna happen then?

if you didnt make a purchase but got a domain, are they gonna just let us away with it, gonna just take it back

OR lock our accounts, take all our domains and damn us to hell? (it is all powerful godaddy after all)

•••
I guess the worst thing that could happen is that they take the domain back or charge 8$ in registration fee. I find it hard to belive that they would disable an entire account, why should they? They wold lose a lot of customers and income.

I guess the loss buy.com gets from people only buying the free domain is very low and we don´t know the number of people actually buying something because of this promotion so there is a good chance that they overall are earning money on this promotion.

•••
Honestly , i don't think they will do anything about it,like FanCube said , i think they are earning money overall.

With all their loop-holes, did they ever asked the owner to pay the $ difference, did they ever took the domains back ? :)

•••
I have got my free domain =)
If I will use some promotional codes from buy.com for godaddy (From Different accounts at buy.com), could they ban me?

•••
I guess they could according to the TOS, but don´t think you should expect it.

•••
From the TOS, they can do anything to stop themselves from losing in this match...
but they will lose customers as well...

•••
Why shouldn't they ban or charge the people who have abused this bug for their domains? Lets not forget that it is stealing no matter how you look at it.

•••
Do this actually work? what did u do?

•••
I wouldn't be suprised if GD charged you for the name if at all they decide to take some action towards this issue.

What i would be suprised is they ban an account for something as small as a "single" domain worth $x.

•••
Aaron D. said:
Why shouldn't they ban or charge the people who have abused this bug for their domains? Lets not forget that it is stealing no matter how you look at it.
I haven´t used this trick myself but I would not call it stealing you are simply ordering a free domain from their website. Let´s not forget that the domains have to be renewed at some point and GoDaddy could end up with a lot of new registrations and customers.

•••
Rush said:
I wouldn't be suprised if GD charged you for the name if at all they decide to take some action towards this issue.

What i would be suprised is they ban an account for something as small as a "single" domain worth $x.
I think they won't ban but suspend until you pay the debt ...

•••
FanCube said:
I haven´t used this trick myself but I would not call it stealing you are simply ordering a free domain from their website.
You can call it what you want but if GoDaddy pressed charges, which it won't, it would be considered stealing.

•••
OK People. Everyone that thinks this is immoral, or stealing, great. I'm glad you feel that way. That is your opinion. That has been the opinion of a few people who posted before you as well. I don't think we need to hear it again. and again. It's no different then any of the other loopholes you guys are using.

•••
Aaron D. said:
You can call it what you want but if GoDaddy pressed charges, which it won't, it would be considered stealing.
You are not doing anything illegal, you might be breaking the buy.com TOS but this trick is not illegal... This is simply a great promotion from Buy.com with the hope of selling more products.

•••
Like combs84 said , why is still considered more of a steal then a loophole ? they are losing 9$ / domain , but in a bulk-domain reg. loophole they are losing even 4$/ domain , and if i remember right the last loophole was for 17 domains in a bulk :)

•••
hmm i gave this a try. hopefully it work.

•••
Here’s what I bought to get my free domain name DataTraveler, what do you think, bargain or not?

Best wishes,
Kimmy

•••
slaughterbeck said:
Here’s what I bought to get my free domain name DataTraveler, what do you think, bargain or not?
I would go for a card reader and a Separate CompactFlash or Secure Digital card instead...
They are much more usable in other areas...

•••
got a q. do you have to buy anything from buy.com to be able to get the free domain.

•••
AmD950 said:
I would go for a card reader and a Separate CompactFlash or Secure Digital card instead...
They are much more usable in other areas...
Darn, I already ordered it. Oh well, I needed it.

Best wishes,
Kimmy

•••
I tried this yesterday. If it takes 24 or so hours, will I get it today, or does Sunday not count?

•••
slaughterbeck said:
Darn, I already ordered it. Oh well, I needed it.

Best wishes,
Kimmy

Good to see someone is actually buying from buy.com. I too just placed an order.....on 2 items though. 2 dvd's :) wish I could get a free domain everytime I bought dvd's lol

•••
bbakes25 said:
wish I could get a free domain everytime I bought dvd's lol
It certainly would be great if you could...

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back