Dynadot

GD auctions already listed listings

Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
when we list new names their system does not distinguish between names u already listed before and those listed by previous owner.. and calls both just already listed..

do u guys with larger folio know quick way to know which of the names yer trying to add are already listed by prev owner.. to avoid checking names one by one to see if it says that u are the seller of this item

ty
@Joe Styler

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no one has trick for larger folios how check which of yer names are already on gd ... but by PREV owner

typing name by name in search bar is too long.

•••
Somewhat related....I am also interested in the original question.

Also: Does any domain listed on Afternic automatically appear in GoDaddy auctions?

•••
yes they do appear but not if already listed by prev owner on gd... because gd listed always takes priority over afternic

however I personally do not recommend using thru afternic on gd..cause u miss out on smooth new gd payouts.. real fast..miss out on push to 7day auction if u get offr... and couple more things..

to me I only list makeoffr... and frankly afternic is useful only for bin network...

•••
it's too bad gd cant distinguish this
unless someone knows trick..cAuse I got 1000 names..and I go list them on gd it says all already listed...however among those icant know which are listed by prev owner... unless one by one in search em

•••
it's too bad gd cant distinguish this
unless someone knows trick..cAuse I got 1000 names..and I go list them on gd it says all already listed...however among those icant know which are listed by prev owner... unless one by one in search em
if you put your list on afternic i think it will show which ones are listed? you can bulk add on afternic from what i remember.

on the side note. i am waiting for afternic to remove my current domains listed by previous owner for weeks!

•••
So, not sure I completely understand (or maybe I am doing something wrong).

I Reg a new name ( let's say GD Closeout, for example).

Arrives in my GD Account

Go to list on Afternic because I want it to appear with BIN througout their Registrar Network.

At this point many previously owned names will say 'Already Listed on Afternic' so....I sent a Client Request to Anic Support usin their form.

7-10 days later, I get a response that prior Afternic listing has been removed.

I log back into Afternic and list with BIN.

So, will this name now automatically appear in GoDaddy auctions?

I still think I am missing something??

•••
if you put your list on afternic i think it will show which ones are listed? you can bulk add on afternic from what i remember.

on the side note. i am waiting for afternic to remove my current domains listed by previous owner for weeks!

well yes but if u list afternic it will only show prev listings on afternic.. it has nothing to do with gd prev owner listings...

•••
Can you upload multiple names at one time and the system will come back and display which one is already listed?

•••
So, not sure I completely understand (or maybe I am doing something wrong).

I Reg a new name ( let's say GD Closeout, for example).

Arrives in my GD Account

Go to list on Afternic because I want it to appear with BIN througout their Registrar Network.

At this point many previously owned names will say 'Already Listed on Afternic' so....I sent a Client Request to Anic Support usin their form.

7-10 days later, I get a response that prior Afternic listing has been removed.

I log back into Afternic and list with BIN.

So, will this name now automatically appear in GoDaddy auctions?

I still think I am missing something??

no. in this case it will show on afternic and all partners.. but it will not show on gd until u write them to remove prev owner listing there. simply because a listing once listed on gd always takes priority over afternic listed items. and in this case we are talking about an old PREV owner gd listed items. so it stays there by priority. til u ask support to remove.

u cant even use text record to remove those because it wont let u list it in first place. .for subsequent text record check.

•••
Can you upload multiple names at one time and the system will come back and display which one is already listed?

yes u can
but as I said when it will say which are already listed it wont distinguish yours and prev owner ones... hence this issue

Last edited:
•••
Talk to tech support to see if they have some magic or tips as an insider.
Last time I tried to change DNS on 1,500+ names and it only take 260 names at a time.
I sent the list to my rep and he did it for me.

•••
no. in this case it will show on afternic and all partners.. but it will not show on gd until u write them to remove prev owner listing there. simply because a listing once listed on gd always takes priority over afternic listed items. and in this case we are talking about an old PREV owner gd listed items. so it stays there by priority. til u ask support to remove.

u cant even use text record to remove those because it wont let u list it in first place. .for subsequent text record check.
Ok. So what you are saying is that after ALL those steps I have gone through, I ALSO need to ask GoDaddy? to remove the domain from GD auction (assuming it was also listed on GD auction)?

But, if it wasn't previously listed in GD auction, will my domain appear in the GD auctions?

Maybe the point I am missing is that GD auctions are a separate entity from Afternic and, therfore, I ALSO need to take the action of actually listing any domain I have on Afternic on GD Auctions???

Sorry, just trying to understand and thank you!

Last edited:
•••
Talk to tech support to see if they have some magic or tips as an insider.
Last time I tried to change DNS on 1,500+ names and it only take 260 names at a time.
I sent the list to my rep and he did it for me.

yea unfortunately there is world of diff between what an avg tech suport guy knows and can do for u... and what a rep can do

I once had rep but dont do 5k in biz with gd now .. but yer right if someone has rep he can probably just send whole list and they resolve conflicts but still it would have to mean they have some bulk tool to find conflicts.. I'm sure they wont do it one by one... so maybe what yer rep will do is list all items without conflict... which brings back to same issue of this thread.

•••
Ok. So what you are saying is that after ALL those steps I have gone through, I ALSO need to ask GoDaddy? to remove the domain from GD auction (assuming it was also listed on GD auction)?

But, if it wasn't previously listed in GD auction, will my domain appear in the GD auctions?

Maybe the point I am missing is that GD auctions are a separate entity from Afternic and, therfore, I ALSO need to take the action of actually listing any domain I have on Afternic on GD Auctions???

Sorry, just trying to understand and thank you!

u only need to ask to remove if listed y prev owner

if not prev listed on gd by prev owner and u list on afternic then it will show on gd.

•••
I don't think it's a quick way to solve this problem.
The only people who have problems with this situation is the one like us who has hundred or thousand names.
The system is designed for normal people and we are not normal people.

•••
The only people who have problems with this situation is the one like us who has hundred or thousand names.

I think we both know there are tons of domainers with 100s and 1000s names. I mean what do I think avg folio size is for domainers... I'm sure it's not 10. maybe 100?

still even if u got 100 or 200 names.. do u really want to search 1by1 on gd auctons to see if it says u are the seller of this item.

Last edited:
•••
But the problem here is not Godaddy.
The problem is the previous owner did not delete name after it's sold.

•••
But the problem here is not Godaddy.
The problem is the previous owner did not delete name after it's sold.

hmm not sold... maybe not renewed.. if sold then its removed

well I never said its gd problem.. I just asked if there is trick to distinguish those situations

•••
•••
Sold between domainers.

ah yes lol
for sure

but u picked the rarest case

usually it's just names never renewed..

gd doesnt remove them

afternic bit better at it

sedo better still

but none remove all names perfectly

•••
I disagree, @johnn

I AM normal...I tell my imaginary friends that every day 😁

•••
I disagree, @johnn

I AM normal...I tell my imaginary friends that every day 😁

If you are normal then you would not be NP members.
According to the recent report from CDC, most of NP members are not normal.

•••
Lol @johnn !!

Ok, I may not be that crazy.

I do all my 'domaining' from a smartphone. I have purchased a $4.99 GoDaddy Auctions membership, downloaded the GoDaddy Investor App and yet....

I cannot view GoDaddy Auctions??

Can these auctions only be viewed on a PC or Laptop??

•••
Lol @johnn !!

Ok, I may not be that crazy.

I do all my 'domaining' from a smartphone. I have purchased a $4.99 GoDaddy Auctions membership, downloaded the GoDaddy Investor App and yet....

I cannot view GoDaddy Auctions??

Can these auctions only be viewed on a PC or Laptop??

I use android
no app here
if not working on app
use my link
https://sso.godaddy.com/?realm=idp&app=auctions&ci=22368

I also do not use app for gd manager for domains... I think I tried it...bad!

I just use regular websites for basically all registrars... apps tend to suck in domaining.. and apps in all things which have sites..tend as a rule to be just limited versions of sites... not the other way around..which naively I once was true b4 I switched to fone 100% not long ago

I'm actually a spectacularly late bloomer when comes using smartphones... it was always big fat desktop.. then recently laptop... but frankly I now see nothing beats mobility of fone..smallness..regardless of few disadvantages... I also may have prevented at last moment that mouse use wrist syndrome.. which cant quite happen on fone at least not in that area and way....

my neat asus zenfone 1st gen recently broke and as emergency I got cheap little Samsung j13... but even this is cool enuf for me...

I'll upgrade something recent when this goes tho... fast wireless charge would be real cool

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back