Dynadot

GlobalWarming and Alternative Energy Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello All,

I was recently told by one of the members here that some of my globalwarming names were too scary and no one would put money into names like that. The names he was referring to was GlobalwarmingDomain and GreenhouseDomains but I have many more much "scarier" than them.

I have names like GlobalwarmingDisaster, GlobalwarmingTax, WarmingDisaster,
WarmingWarning, and a lot of alternative energy domains.

My question is, does anyone else think think these names are scary? Does anyone here besides me invest in such names? I really haven't seen many posted in here and I'm just wondering how popular they are with others.

If you have any of this type names please post them, and I would love to hear any comments you may have on the present and future potential value of names in this area.......thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
as seen at Sedo's recent sales

renewableenergy.net $7778
solardesigns.com $3200

•••
nicedomains said:
The solution is obvious.. Getting the right leaders and legislation in place is the tough part especially when money and greed are the main factors that influence political outcomes. Anyway, as we evolve environmental focus will be huge and domains in that sector shall certainly gain value. I recently picked up AirCare.info, I think the extension really goes well with the words. btw, some of the best epc revenue I have earned comes from these types of domains..
The real answer is innovation and competition so that the MARKET and consumers can decide what technology makes the most sense for them. Government can provide incentives (a.k.a. "handouts") to business and tax breaks (a.k.a. "pandering") to consumers all day long but unless it makes economic sense it will be a cold day in Haiti before many of the alternative energies become mainstream. Facts take time to come out ... all the money dumped down the drain on ethanol subsidies and now we are finally seeing what the REAL costs are to produce it ... more than politicians, farmers, and green-at-any-costers would like us to know.

However there are some real promising energy sources coming online due to innovation, new materials, decades of research, and dare we admit ... high fossil fuel energy prices. There is no one best energy source for every single locale. But as far as something catching on, geothermal sure looks good for the southwest and western US, as does of course solar. The cost of producing photovoltaic materials keeps dropping. Wind energy is finding its place. And the new generation of pebble bed reactors can help us out too. Get government bureaucracies, NIMBY and radical protesters, and misinformed consumers out of the way and we'll accelerate the building and implementation of many energy generation stations.

It is pretty exciting to see these all technologies taking shape but it is a l-o-n-g, s-l-o-w road. For us, holding some of these alternative energy names will take patience and deep pockets for renewal fees. Maybe the government can subsidize OUR alternative energy "investments". Any politicians care to pander to us entrepreneur domainers? Hey congressman, how 'bout ponying up a little green when GeothermalEnergy.us comes up for renewal?

•••
acc said:
It is pretty exciting to see these all technologies taking shape but it is a l-o-n-g, s-l-o-w road. For us, holding some of these alternative energy names will take patience and deep pockets for renewal fees. Maybe the government can subsidize OUR alternative energy "investments". Any politicians care to pander to us entrepreneur domainers? Hey congressman, how 'bout ponying up a little green when GeothermalEnergy.us comes up for renewal?

The days of the taxpayer (i.e government) truly subsidizing ventures - without direct tangible impact - are long one.

Your geothermalenergy.us domain should be easily monetizable. I have about 10+ years with direct contact in the energy field and I am pretty sure you can create enough viral buzz to bring in say $0.02-0.03 per day in average revenue to make a nice profit on the annual reg fees! :)

Rob

•••
I have a lot of parked green and alternative energy domains and I'm beginning to see more and more visits and clicks on them. The average click seems to pay a little better that .22 per click. I'm hopeful this will continue growing for a long time.

I agree it will take a lot more money than government subsidies to make the alternatiove energy sector big time but there is already a lot of private sector interest and investments going on right now. Gov subsidies do have an important place in some areas and they are working imho but it will be the private money that transforms us to the new clean energy economy.....this will happen and it won't take as long as many people think.

As the big money guys start showing a profit they will invest more and first thing you know there will be no stopping it. There is right now tens of billions$$ waiting on the sideline ready for investment....much of this would have gone into building new coal power plants and other dirty energy but investors are beginning to hold back funding on these because of new restrictions and pending laws that will make those type investments unprofitable. Everybody knows this is coming with the new adminstration next year. It will never again be business as usual in the energy sector.

Last edited:
•••
•••
acc said:
The real answer is innovation and competition so that the MARKET and consumers can decide what technology makes the most sense for them. Government can provide incentives (a.k.a. "handouts") to business and tax breaks (a.k.a. "pandering") to consumers all day long but unless it makes economic sense it will be a cold day in Haiti before many of the alternative energies become mainstream. Facts take time to come out ... all the money dumped down the drain on ethanol subsidies and now we are finally seeing what the REAL costs are to produce it ... more than politicians, farmers, and green-at-any-costers would like us to know.

However there are some real promising energy sources coming online due to innovation, new materials, decades of research, and dare we admit ... high fossil fuel energy prices. There is no one best energy source for every single locale. But as far as something catching on, geothermal sure looks good for the southwest and western US, as does of course solar. The cost of producing photovoltaic materials keeps dropping. Wind energy is finding its place. And the new generation of pebble bed reactors can help us out too. Get government bureaucracies, NIMBY and radical protesters, and misinformed consumers out of the way and we'll accelerate the building and implementation of many energy generation stations.

Finally, someone talking sense. Ethanol has driven corn prices to near $5.00 and soy beans in the $10+ area. This is both directly and indirectly going to cause massive increases in food prices.

I think we will be seeing a massive increase in wind farms as time passes. Clean coal is a good choice for electricity. I am still pissed at the looney greenies for killing the geothermal plant(s) near Yellowstone. The same nuts stopped hydroelectric plant expansions, drilling for oil in Alaska and offshore oil production (and don't forget that idiot Kennedy bunch killing the off shore wind farm). Why are we not building Nuke plants.

As stated above there is no one perfect solution. While I practice conservation I also know it is not a 'solution'. Selectively investing in a few technology names could work. I like the .info extension here.

Footnote.
It appears that wind generation makes good economic sense. 28 windmills just came online near me. Each tower is around $3,000,000 and produces 2.5 megawatts of power. They pay around $5,000/yr rental to the landowners.

BTW I am a conservationist who believes our resources should be used wisely.

nstalk said:
As the big money guys start showing a profit they will invest more and first thing you know there will be no stopping it. There is right now tens of billions$$ waiting on the sideline ready for investment....much of this would have gone into building new coal power plants and other dirty energy but investors are beginning to hold back funding on these because of new restrictions and pending laws that will make those type investments unprofitable. Everybody knows this is coming with the new adminstration next year. It will never again be business as usual in the energy sector.
Coal is no longer dirty. They are building Itan II (on Missouri river near Kansas City) which is coal fired and planning has started for Itan III.

Is a great place for Bald Eagle watching. I have not seen it personally but have bveen told there is a Condor nest about half way up the first plant stack.

•••
harkster said:
Coal is no longer dirty. They are building Itan II (on Missouri river near Kansas City) which is coal fired and planning has started for Itan III.

Almost all of the new coal fired plants they have tried to permit in 2007 have been the same old dirty ones they have always permitted before. Fortunately, many of these have been denied permits because they were not designed to use the new CCS (carbon capture storage) technology. This new technology is available but is not at the present time feasable to use in most places because of the high cost. I've read of a few coal fired plant that have been permitted with the new CCS technology but not very many.

The coal power industry has been very successful in deceiving the public into believing coal is no longer dirty. They call the plants "clean coal" power plants when the only thing clean about it is the use of scrubbers and filters to capture the soot and ash from the emissions but does nothing about the Co2 which is the main gas contributing to globalwarming.

•••
I still dont think coal fired plants are the solution. Sure, we might perfect the technology eventually that will make it 100% "clean", but it is still not renewable. Coal will run out, just like oil. The solution is wind and solar, and to a lesser extent, biofuel.

People forget that this isn't just a global warming debate anymore, its an energy debate.

•••
I just hand reg'd CarFuel.org, surprised it was still available. :hehe:

•••
onewordonly said:
I just hand reg'd CarFuel.org, surprised it was still available. :hehe:

A very good name and it goes well with the extension....

searchpurple said:
I still dont think coal fired plants are the solution. Sure, we might perfect the technology eventually that will make it 100% "clean", but it is still not renewable. Coal will run out, just like oil. The solution is wind and solar, and to a lesser extent, biofuel.

People forget that this isn't just a global warming debate anymore, its an energy debate.

The USA has a large amount of coal reserves and its hoped it can be used with new CCS technology to get us off the middle east oil. By the time the coal runs out we should have new alternative (renewable) energies in place.

•••
Nice Name

Good luck with it!

nstalk said:
A very good name and it goes well with the extension....

The USA has a large amount of coal reserves and its hoped it can be used with new CCS technology to get us off the middle east oil. By the time the coal runs out we should have new alternative (renewable) energies in place.

•••
Not sure if they are any good but I thought they were fun so I registered

Carbon-footprints.net, info & org

I'm sure they would be better without the hyphen.

•••
Hopper said:
Not sure if they are any good but I thought they were fun so I registered

Carbon-footprints.net, info & org

I'm sure they would be better without the hyphen.

The names are good but you may have a problem selling a hyphen name with those extensions imho. The hyphen would be ok with a dotcom but I'm not so sure with the other extensions.....but I could be wrong. I wish you the best of luck with them....

There are still a lot of good dotcoms available....I Recently registered....
EcoGreenBike.com
EcoGreenBikes.com
KwFuelcell.com (as in kilowatts)
KwFuelcells.com
UtilityFuelcell.com
UtilityFuelcells.com

I especially like the last two. Fuelcells will be very popular in a few more years.

•••
There's no such thing as clean coal. Its just a marketing ploy, in my opinion.

Until scientists truly find a way to produce energy out of nothing, global warming is still a very realistic threat.

I read in a science journal lately that a company is starting to experiment with algae. Instead of using food crop to produce ethanol, they utilise alga to produce ethanol. Something like that. Can't really remember as the technique is still very new.

Another interesting fact is also that they found out the alga can trap pollutants if used in a kind of filter installed on chimneys.

Why haven't anyone thought of using green technology? I mean, in the sense that utilise biotechnology to harness energy. If only we could manipulate photosynthesis, we could distill hydrogen gas from photosynthesis and this could mean production of hydrogen gas commercially viable. Energy woes solved. :P

•••
Great!

Bluebecker.com said:
designerbiofuels.com has just been sold for $1500 on sedo

I did not know that...thanks for the info. I regged DesignerBiofuel.com last year. :)

•••
nstalk said:
You may have already seen these sales...but it serves to show the interest in this new domain sector.

MyEnergy.com $25,000
GreenhouseGases.com $21,975

I've recently registered the ones below....

EcoRelated.com
GreenRelated.com

EmissionsCCS.com (EmissionsCarbonCaptureStorage)
Co2CCS.com (CarbonDioxideCarbonCaptureStorage)
EmissionCCS.com
GHGCCS.com (GreenHouseGasCarbonCaptureStorage)

If you've registered or bought/sold any please share them with us....thanks

Will be interesting to follow your names, I have

EmissionsC.com
EmissionValues.com
CarbonTraded.com
GreenWedges.com
SEmission.com
GlobalInfastructure.com
ChinaHaze.com

:)

•••
What about FusionPowerStation.com ?

•••
Algae

Hi there,

Here is an article about a company using Algae to make the alternative fuel biodiesel. In addition, this company has established and agreement with Chevron Corporation to further perfect their algae process.

http://energybloggers.com/2008/01/31/biodiesel/

ian_byc said:
There's no such thing as clean coal. Its just a marketing ploy, in my opinion.

Until scientists truly find a way to produce energy out of nothing, global warming is still a very realistic threat.

I read in a science journal lately that a company is starting to experiment with algae. Instead of using food crop to produce ethanol, they utilise alga to produce ethanol. Something like that. Can't really remember as the technique is still very new.

Another interesting fact is also that they found out the alga can trap pollutants if used in a kind of filter installed on chimneys.

Why haven't anyone thought of using green technology? I mean, in the sense that utilise biotechnology to harness energy. If only we could manipulate photosynthesis, we could distill hydrogen gas from photosynthesis and this could mean production of hydrogen gas commercially viable. Energy woes solved. :P

•••
HYBRID front and center at Superbowl

Great to see folks!

•••
i still dont think biodiesel is the answer. it just seems like the type of fuel is not the problem. we should be aiming for complete electric. we can definitely make our cars more efficient. then we can also generate our energy from solar and wind once those technologies pick up.

•••
•••
100% Electric Zero Emission Vehicle is here!
There is and never will be such a thing. The electricity must be generated.

Anyone who thinks wind and solar is THE solution has their head stuck so far they will never see daylight.

And BTW we import far more oil from Canada and Mexico than the Middle East.

If it wasn't for the looney green nut cases we could be far less energy independent than we are.

Thanks to scum bag slick willy we can not use the largest supply of low sulphur coal in the world.

Man caused global warming is a total junk science farce.

YAHR

•••
harkster said:
There is and never will be such a thing. The electricity must be generated.

Anyone who thinks wind and solar is THE solution has their head stuck so far they will never see daylight.

And BTW we import far more oil from Canada and Mexico than the Middle East.

If it wasn't for the looney green nut cases we could be far less energy independent than we are.

Thanks to scum bag slick willy we can not use the largest supply of low sulphur coal in the world.

Man caused global warming is a total junk science farce.

YAHR

Solar and wind is already being used to separate hydrogen from water without producing any co2GHG emissions at all. The hydrogen is then used in a fuelcell to generate electricity to power 100% Electric Zero Emission Vehicles. I'm not saying its economically feasable at this time but we cannot say it will never happen. Never is a long time, my friend.

I believe it will be feasable in the not so distance future. I also believe hydrogen is the "holygrail" of our energy fuel problems.

Another thing, if not for "the looney green nut cases" as you call them, our planet will be devastated by GW climate change in less than 100 years. You really need to learn the truth about manmade co2 globalwarming instead of listening to the goof balls on tv and radio who support the big fossil fuel moneybags and their paid for shills.

•••
Well said Harkster,

not only that but the new frontier for domainers is not llll or a reawakening of the real estate boom. It is going to be energy domains. Watch then go thru the roof. It is the focus of the world economies. This past year most modern nations are spending new money for clean air.

•••
goodkarmaco said:
Well said Harkster, not only that but the new frontier for domainers is not llll or a reawakening of the real estate boom. It is going to be energy domains. Watch then go thru the roof. It is the focus of the world economies. This past year most modern nations are spending new money for clean air.

You are right on about the energy domain boom. Here is a partial list of green and alternative energy domains sold within the last few months. This is not a complete list....its just the ones I've found that sold for $3000 and above.

GreenHouse.com $500,000
Wind.com and Wind.net $80,000.
GreenMonday.com $76,500
AlternativeEnergy.com $50,138
SparkEnergy.com $30,420
CleanEnergy.com $31,950
Solar4You.de……… .26,913
MyEnergy.com 25,000
EnergySmart.com $22,000
GreenhouseGases.com 21,975

NuclearEnergy.com $16,000
HealthyPlanet.com $15,350
GermanSolar.com 14,784
EnergyTrading.com $14,000
Windmills.org €10,000 = $13,740
WindTurbine.com $11,276
SolarDirectory.com $11,000
WindTechnologies.com $10,200
GreenHill.com $10,098
PowerEdge.com $10,000

SolarStrom.info 9802
GreenTrade.com $9,000
NuclearPowerPlant.com $8,511
Solar.info $8,500
GreenConferencing.com $8,000
PowerCrunch.com $8,000
RenewableEnergy.net 7778

PortableFuelcells.com $7,700
PowerBackup.com $7,700
BioProcess.com $7,500

FuelcellBikes.com…. $7,500

GreenCard.net $7,250
Ienergies.com $7,155
Windmill.org $7,000
SolarTint.com $7,000
GreenOaks.com $6,854
SunGreen.com $6,800
FlexFuelCar.com $6,200
GreenMark.com $6,100
GreenWedding.com $6,000
GreenCardApproval.com 6000
GeoGreen.com $6,000

AlternativeEnergy.org…. $5,890
EnergyNow.com……. 5,556
EnergyWorld.com $5,244
ElectricScooter.net 5101
BioMarker.com $5,006
GreenBooks.com $5,001
GreenLab.com $5,000
LithiumEnergy.com …… $5,000
GreenShops.com …….. $5,000
NationalWind.com 5000
EnergyCompanies.com 5000
GreenVehicles.com $5,000
FissionEnergy.com $5,000

GreenTag.com $4,888
SolarPump.com $4,700
BioMass.eu €3,400 = $4,538
GreenYoga.com $4,150
SolarServer.com $4,000
GreenFit.com $4,000
GreenDays.com $4,000
GreenPlace.com $3,900
EcoTherapy.com… $3,888
GreenGames.com 3800
EcoSolar.com $3,688
Energy1.com $3,500
SouthWinds.com $3,500
IntegratedSolar.com 3500

FuelcellBike.com……. 3500
FuelcellScooters.com…. 3500

FuelSavings.com 3388
GreenSpot.com $3,388
Emergy.com $3,388
EcoSalon.com $3,288
GreenTriangle.com $3,288
OurPlanetEarth.com $3,288
SolarPool.com $3,022
EcoWorks.com… 3200
GeoHomes.com 3200
SolarDesigns.com 3200
GreenGates.com $3,100
AllGreen.com $3,100
BuildGreen.net 3088
PowerProfessional.com 3088

GreenTurf.com $3,049
GreenCash.com $3,000
WoodEnergy.com $3,000
SolarWarehouse.com $3,000
GreenGood.com $3,000
ElectricPlanet.com $3,000
GreenIndustries.com 3,000
EcoBra.com 3,000
SolarZone.com $3,000

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back