IT.COM

Godaddy blocked access to their appraisal API for public use.

NameSilo
Watch

IrfanHabib

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
Godaddy currenty blocked their domain appraisal API services for third party / publicly use. I don't know whether they blocked it for temporary or parmanent. The tools like namelooka bulk appraisal, hackerpain bulk appraisal, BDAC appraisal and any other tools that are made of GoDaddy appraisal API services, currently not functioning. If there is any fix. I will update.

NOTE: The GoDaddy official appraisal service are working fine.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Were you allowed to use it the way you did on your website?

•••
@Joe Styler,
he is the coolest guy i know who works for GoDaddy.
I tried to “@“ him for you, but no promise, he replies.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
Were you allowed to use it the way you did on your website?
Hi Thanks. It does not says not allowed to use it in my website as far I know. I just wanted to help domainers including me to get some features they may wanted like bulk appraisals. Thanks for the understanding.

•••
Hi Thanks. It does not says not allowed to use it in my website as far I know. I just wanted to help domainers including me to get some features they may wanted like bulk appraisals. Thanks for the understanding.
Are you using GoDaddy API or GoDaddy Reseller API (with an API Reseller plan/account)?

•••
•••
Seems quite restrictive to just block access completely. May be it is a temporary issue. @James Iles can you get some info about this?

•••
I've seen a few other tools that you did not mention that have the same API problem.

•••
Do you use it through a VPN? And what about the request rate?
For any publicly available API service, these two points are usually key factors for risk monitoring.

•••
I've seen a few other tools that you did not mention that have the same API problem.
please mention the tools here. If the blocking from the Godaddy, all sites / tools will be affected. Thanks

•••
Do you use it through a VPN? And what about the request rate?
For any publicly available API service, these two points are usually key factors for risk monitoring.
I have tried many things. Nothing seems to work anymore. I guess the blocking effect after I published my tool and the peoples are using it maximum.

•••
please mention the tools here. If the blocking from the Godaddy, all sites / tools will be affected. Thanks
If that's the case, I suspect it's more likely due to the API public access policy and request rate issues. It doesn't stop the API randomly for no reason, maybe you try to contact them for more information?

Last edited:
•••
If that's the case, I suspect it's more likely due to the API public access policy and request rate issues. It doesn't stop the API randomly for no reason, maybe you try to contact them for more information?
I have contacted, but Godaddy they didn't support for API. I didn't satisfied with the support executive

•••
I used it a few times a day, hope they restore it.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
Solved it
Still getting the same error (by the way, my API key is correct):

You don't have permission to access "http&#58;&#47;&#47;api&#46;godaddy&#46;com&#47;v1&#47;appraisal&#47;prionk" on this server.<P>
Reference&#32;&#35;18&#46;6dc5d3ba&#46;1689340663&#46;21013bfc

•••

Last edited:
•••
I wish Godaddy would block their appraisal values for retail customers looking to purchase domains. They put low values that work against us.

•••
•••
•••
GoDaddy is terrible for not replying.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back