NameSilo

Google Domains, ..Nets and ICANN 60-days

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Futurewizard

Established Member
Impact
So, I just sold my first domain (officially). I had 'sold' one last weekend, but it didn't pan out (no response, no escrow).

Anyways, it's Google Domains, a .Net address, and registered 6/4/21. So! As it's not ~8/4, I'm still within the 60-day period. So, according to Google Support, I can add a new user (sharing) and remove myself, but I have no Auth code to provide to AfterNic. So my questions are:

1. How do I communicate to the client this without disturbing the final steps of the sale?
2. Do I need to work with AfterNic support to circumvent the Auth code request?

Literally my first sale and I totally spaced on the 60-day lock. :wtf: I don't want to lose the sale, so I'm asking here before I reach out.

Thanks again,
That new guy who creates lots of beginner threads

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Contact afternic support and explain the issue, they will probably tell you to wait until the 60 days lock will be lifted. Meanwhile delist the domain from all the marketplaces to avoid double selling.

Last edited:
•••
Contact afternic support and explain the issue, they will probably tell you to wait until the 60 days lock will be lifted. Meanwhile delist the domain from all the marketplaces to avoid double selling.
Thanks, done and done. Google Domains said I could share the domain with the user and then remove myself. Otherwise, I need to wait until ~8/4. I've reached out to AfterNic like you said, and I'm awaiting their reply before I communicate with the buyer

•••
Thanks, done and done. Google Domains said I could share the domain with the user and then remove myself. Otherwise, I need to wait until ~8/4. I've reached out to AfterNic like you said, and I'm awaiting their reply before I communicate with the buyer

As far as I know Afternic doesn't allow what Google is advising you to do ( called in the industry " domain push"). Waiting is the only viable option.

Last edited:
•••
I'm awaiting their reply before I communicate with the buyer

With an Afternic sale you can't communicate with the buyer since Afternic doesn't share with sellers the buyer identity nor gives a chat board between the two parties.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back